FA Cup Semifinals Draw

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Distraught Bolton may be forced to withdraw from FA Cup

Bolton Wanderers are ready to pull out of the FA Cup because of the Fabrice Muamba tragedy.

The Premier League has postponed tomorrow’s trip to Aston Villa because of the distress of Bolton’s players and management.

Boss Owen Coyle, who was with Muamba from the moment he collapsed and during his hospital fight for life, had told his chairman Phil Gartside that he did not want the Villa game to go ahead.

Bolton’s players are too distraught to think about football just now while the senior officials try to work out what happens next.

It is also likely that Wanderers will pull out of the FA Cup rather than face a re-match with Tottenham at the spot of the harrowing incident.

The game would be played a week tomorrow, but the top figures at the Reebok fear that the psychological effect of a return would be too much for their team.

One leading source said: “This is a group of young men, just kids really. How could they cope with going back to Spurs and going through it all again?”

Tottenham would be given a bye into the semi-final against Chelseaas a result, but Bolton would not face a penalty if they go down that road.

Bolton’s relegation six-pointer with rivals Blackburn Rovers, due to be played on Saturday, will also be under review - with a decision on that game due shortly.

http://www.mirrorfoo...icle880357.html

I know it's a bad thing that's happened, He's not dead, he's still hanging in there and life does go on. That may sound a bit nasty but they have to go back to white hart lane, where this awful thing happened and go and try to win the FA Cup for Fabrice.

Will be interesting to see what they do, especially with the possibility of a CL semi for us though obviously pool's claim is much stronger

I note that the FA Cup official website now has both games on the 14 April: http://www.thefa.com/thefacup/fixtures though obviously nothing is official until they make an announcement

Really hope we play on the 14th as that is the only day that I will be in London for my first ever trip to Europe and i'm desperate to see us play!!

Be a tough game whoever we get.Still remember that sodding Carling Cup Final loss to Spurs :( and Bolton wont exactly sit back...obviously depends on their situation if they do the replay or not...can see the reasons why they wouldnt with nothing certain

I hope if we do go to the final and Liverpool do as well.....that we dont sodding loose!That be beyond shite really

Dalglish has flat out refused to play on the 15th, what with the Hillsbrough anniversary.

Mong -_-

Surely it would make more sense to play on that date, in honour of those who died. It's not like SAF refuses to play on the anniversary of the Munich Air Disaster, afaik.

Nah its on Wednesday 18th if we get through so not so bad. and no travelling either

yes imagine v qualify for the champions league semis

15 - 04 - 12 - v Spurs - Wembley

18 - 04 - 12 - v Barcelona/AC Milan - Stamford Bridge

21 - 04 - 12 - vs Arsenal - The Emirates

24 - 04 - 12 - vs Barcelona - Camp Nou

holy hell!

Glad Bolton haven't decided to pull out of the FA cup, they should want to go into this game to win it even more for Muamba, it would be unfair if Spurs got through because of this incident. I hope Bolton go through!