Chelsea vs Napoli

BlueLion.

Napoli will definitely soak up the pressure and counter attack. We need to score early.

Agree with you entirely I feel that composure from our defensive mids is required they will need to press and foul when necessary.if we decide to ignore that then damage will occur.

Nevertheless 2 0 is doable. RDM will need courage to change things up if needed.

• Replies 818
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are people bringing up previous seasons. We aint the same team we were a few years back. I hope we win but Im seriously out of belief for these sorry excuse of footballers.

Hy guys, in my opinion All the match is in the first 45 minutes, if Chelsea is not almost 1 at 0 for us is very good...but of Chelsea score in the first time and Napoli not for us is terror !!!

I think you are favourite for the experience at this kind of match and you have drogba, a man Who can score at each moment

In my opinion Chelsea firstly has to avoid to take goal...

I agree but we need to stamp our authority and keep the ball, don't let your front men get comfortable and let them know we here to play. I guess its much easier said than done. :ermm:

in italy we have a lot of rivalry among cities and teams, for example in champions i will never hope juventus or milan win ....and so them with naples, in england football have you this rivalries?

If , for example.... :rolleyes: , naples win tomorrow someone will be happy in england? I imagine other teams of london, tottenham , arsenal surely

I feel the more important aspect of the game will be Napoli's attitude and application to it.

Remember when we beat Liverpool a couple of years ago in the first leg 3-1 at Anfield and how that match panned out at the Bridge. If Napoli come and think they can ride the game out, we'll have an excellent chance of putting them on the back foot early and nicking an early goal or two.

The other consideration is how will Napoli cope coming into the game as favourites for the tie. I remember watching them in the last group game against Villareal, knowing and expecting a win would take them through and I felt they struggled with such pressure for large periods of the game and it took a wonder strike from Inler to break the deadlock fairly late on. If Napoli play with any sort of fear, Chelsea's experience will sense it and potentially take them apart.

However if Napoli play with no fear, their natural game and look to attack us then we are in a difficult position chasing a minimum of 2 goals and trying to keep a clean sheet.

Team for me:

Cech

Ivanovic

Cahill

Terry

A Cole

Mikel/Essien

Ramires

Lampard

Sturridge

Mata

Torres

Drogba was abysmal in the first leg against a defence which didn't look blessed with a good turn of pace. I think Torres on the last man's shoulder can cause problems, and the key for Chelsea will be the performances of Mata and Sturridge. We have to try and pull spaces about in that 3 man defence.

in italy we have a lot of rivalry among cities and teams, for example in champions i will never hope juventus or milan win ....and so them with naples, in england football have you this rivalries?

If , for example.... :rolleyes: , naples win tomorrow someone will be happy in england? I imagine other teams of london, tottenham , arsenal surely

Everyone and their dog in England would be happy if Chelsea go out. Especially the Merseyside cretins ( Liverpool) and London nobodies (QPR).

I'm so excited for this match!!! Honestly I love the Champions League so much and if we get kicked out I'll be heartbroken! We can't be sure if we're even going to finish in the top 4. We've got the toughest fixtures left. I just hope we can win this thing!! I believe in you Chelsea!!! :) And you, Roberto Di Matteo! :)

I'm so excited for this match!!! Honestly I love the Champions League so much and if we get kicked out I'll be heartbroken! We can't be sure if we're even going to finish in the top 4. We've got the toughest fixtures left. I just hope we can win this thing!! I believe in you Chelsea!!! :) And you, Roberto Di Matteo! :)

Defensively Napoli are quite weak so they are definitely going to try and extend the lead rather than play safe.This will definitely be one of the greatest football matches this season and hopefully like Mark Wahlberg and his crew,we will be able to pull off this Italian Job :D

Yeah, Tottenham, Arsenal, Liverpool, QPR and maybe even Manchester United and Man City.

What about for Napoli? Mainly Roma and Lazio fans will be happy if we win?