Chelsea vs Napoli

BlueLion.

>>>>>>>>cech<<<<<<<<

ivan cahill terry cole

Ramires essien

Sturridge lampard mata

Drogba

Subs:turnbull, luiz ,romeu, meireles,kalou, lukaku, torres....

If v fall behind (when v do) push sturridge upfront and ramires wide wit lone dm.......

• Replies 818
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can sense one of those great European nights now, i'm so looking forward to this, could be an absolute epic.

We've been in a few over the last few years. Barcelona 4-2, Liverpool 3-1, Liverpool 4-4 and for some RDM and pre-Roman inspiration the 3-1 comeback against Vicenza the year we won the Cup Winners Cup.

I think however given the circumstances and considering we are not the team we were over the last few seasons, getting past Napoli may well be the greatest of the lot!

Cech

Ivanovic - Terry - Cahill/Luiz - Cole

Mikel

Lampard Ramires

Sturridge Mata

Drogba

4-3-3 Formation

Subs: Turnbull, Luiz, Romeu, Essien, Torres, Malouda, Kalou

Its hard for me to pick Terry over Cahill and Luiz at the moment because they have been playing so well together, but Terry has the experience and i think he will benefit more than Luiz/Cahill. I would normally play Essien instead of Mikel, but i believe there counter attacks are going to be lethal, so we need Mikel back there to TRY and help the defence out, not a fan of Mikel but he keeps it simple and tbh hasn't been playing bad of late. I also think we can score 3-4 as Napoli are not great defensively, just dangerous on counter. if you look back at the first leg, there goals were so avoidable, 1st and 3rd goals anyway. As much as i like Torres, i really do think DD needs to start. I remember we needed to beat Valencia at Bridge and Drogba was incredible, hopefully he performs amazing today and we can get the result we want. Come on Chels!!

Build-up free on Chelsea tv

Sky TV subscribers can watch live coverage of the build-up to tonight's game for free with

Chelsea TV.

Uefa Matchnight Live begins at 6.30pm with exclusive player interviews and all the team news as it arrives, as well as expert discussion and analysis from the Stamford Bridge studio.

------------------Cech-----------------

Brana----Luiz----------Terry----Ash

------------------Essien-----------------

----------Rami----------Lamps---------

-------------------Mata------------------

----------Drog----------Torres---------

we could only wish.

Don't even care what the line up is today. Just want the effort, the desire, the heart for 90+minutes. I want the players to feel our excitement, tension, hope & pride. I don't want them sulking, getting angry at each other, shaking their heads. I want a fight. I want emotion, passion & for them to give Napoli a hell of a match.

As the term goes. Never surrender. Go honour that Chelsea, you bloody well owe it to us, andré and yourselves!

--

P.s.

Don't even care what the line up is today. Just want the effort, the desire, the heart for 90+minutes. I want the players to feel our excitement, tension, hope & pride. I don't want them sulking, getting angry at each other, shaking their heads. I want a fight. I want emotion, passion & for them to give Napoli a hell of a match.

As the term goes. Never surrender. Go honour that Chelsea, you bloody well owe it to us, andré and yourselves!

I just hope Torres doesn't get picked over Drobga. Presence of Drogba on the pitch will play a huge factor in a game of such high magnitude.