Ruben Loftus-Cheek

Tobey Gibson

I have accepted that we will never really integrate players from our academy into our first team. But given that we produce the best young player in the country obviously, why don't we give them a platform to shine and risk losing them for peanut. When it does not produce players for our squad it should at least make profit. We should loan out waaay more players. I can see RLC shinig in the bundesliga.

I agree to a certain extent but the more I see him make absolute big deals out of handing youngsters rare playing time and referring to 22/23 year old int'ls as spring chicken and little horses leads me to believe he has distrust for young and unestablished players. It's all in the tone and action. In his mind he feels as though playing a youth automatically puts us in a disadvantage and lowers our chances of winning a match. To me it's a combination of general distrust of youngsters and lackadastical attitude that you alluded to.

And if he persists with cahill over Zouma in coming matches it will further highlight that distrust even though Zouma and Cahill's form has been polar opposite. Therefore he would rather trust an average but proven defender that has been in awful form recently and for majority if the season over a young, highly promising but unproven defender that has shown great form recently.

Yeah, that is also a big part of it, and even when there's been injury he tends to use senior players out of position rather than use a younger/untested player.

Honestly, Chelsea is the only team in the world who would build the academy they have/sign some of the most promising young talent in the world and then hire a Mourinho type. :lol:

Yeah, that is also a big part of it, and even when there's been injury he tends to use senior players out of position rather than use a younger/untested player.

Honestly, Chelsea is the only team in the world who would build the academy they have/sign some of the most promising young talent in the world and then hire a Mourinho type. :lol:

Exactly. I said exactly the same thing when we were first linked with a jose return. why invest so much money and effort into building the academy and preach about a strong commitment to youth development and integration into the first team only to recruit a manager that isn't known for developing youth to oversee the poject.

it's almost like booking Miley Cyrus to perform at a royal function. total mismtach.

Exactly. I said exactly the same thing when we were first linked with a jose return. why invest so much money and effort into building the academy and preach about a strong commitment to youth development and integration into the first team only to recruit a manager that isn't known for developing youth to oversee the poject.

it's almost like booking Miley Cyrus to perform at a royal function. total mismtach.

I've just put on the Atletico Madrid vs Real Madrid game and Atletico have an 18-year-old LB in the team, marking the most expensive player in the world.

Can you imagine Christensen or someone ever getting a game against a Newcastle let alone Real Madrid? :lol:

I've just put on the Atletico Madrid vs Real Madrid game and Atletico have an 18-year-old LB in the team, marking the most expensive player in the world.

Can you imagine Christensen or someone ever getting a game against a Newcastle let alone Real Madrid? :lol:

yes. . . .on fifa and PES :Goober:

What pisses me the most, is that Mourinho tries to fool us by saying he will give youth a chance, surely if we can not trust the academy in a dead rubber match like the Lisbon game, we will never trust them, only way I see a youngster ever getting a chance here is if we have an injury crisis like United, were Mourinho would be forced to play youngstars then again knowing Mourinho, he might actually prefer playing someone out of possession instead of playing academy players. (Dont get me wrong Im not wishing injuries on any first team player, im just putting out a scenario)

• 2 weeks later...