Ruben Loftus-Cheek

Tobey Gibson

Yeah, and Boga should be starting ahead of Hazard! :lol: :lol:

Quite amazing that some actually want us to repeat a massive mistake that stagnated the squad and set us back years (replacing experience with untested youth).

Quite amazing that some actually want us to repeat a massive mistake that stagnated the squad and set us back years (replacing experience with untested youth).

Could you provide examples of when we replaced experienced players with untested youth from our academy for a prolonged period of time?

this is revisionism at its best. We replaced the experienced players that left that season with experience and not with kids.

Ramires replaced Ballack, David Luiz replaced Carvalho, Benayoun replaced deco, Torres replaced Joe cole. The real reason for our slump was because all of these signings bar Ramires (who btw didn't hit the ground running) were poor signings and we were very unlucky with injuries. Most of the senior players were out injured, Drogba, our most reliable striker, battled with malaria while Cech and JT decided to have a slump/run of bad form.

How many games did the youth start that season? I can only recall Kakuta away to Villa where he was subbed at half time anyway for an experienced Zhirhov and Bruma at Home to Villa again.

How some of you always try to blame the youth whenever they get a rare opportunity for bad result, nevermind bad season :rolleyes: is astonishing. Were the youth also to blame for the catastrophe that ensued the following season under AVB?

Ramires yes, Benny was injured almost straight away, and Luiz and Torres didn't come in till January.

It became clear in the Newcastle match that Kakuta, PVAand eespecially Bruma weren't any where near ready so Carlo had to burn out already ageing first teamers to the point of stagnation, which is why our squad was in such a mess for years before this season, and even now it's still got a few issue's. The AVB disaster was just a follow on, he had to play a high line else we would hardly create any chances, but then high line exposed our defence, the squad was a mess.

Thankfully Munich happened else we could have gone the same way as Milan.

Could you provide examples of when we replaced experienced players with untested youth from our academy for a prolonged period of time?

We tried to trim the squad to make way for Kakuta and Co, only to find out they weren't mentally ready to play first team, leading us to burning out our player's and most were to old to recover aswell as the "panic" of 2011 deadline day.

Don't get me wrong, im all for giving youth a chance, but am I in favour off chucking experience like Mikel and giving a player with less than 10 senior apps the spot behind Matic? Sorry but I draw the line there.

Ramires yes, Benny was injured almost straight away, and Luiz and Torres didn't come in till January.

It became clear in the Newcastle match that Kakuta, PVAand eespecially Bruma weren't any where near ready so Carlo had to burn out already ageing first teamers to the point of stagnation, which is why our squad was in such a mess for years before this season, and even now it's still got a few issue's. The AVB disaster was just a follow on, he had to play a high line else we would hardly create any chances, but then high line exposed our defence, the squad was a mess.

Thankfully Munich happened else we could have gone the same way as Milan.

Again this is inaccurate. Below are the list of experienced (Non youth) players at the start of 2010 season and the current season for comparison

2010-Cech, Hilario,Terry,Alex,Cole,Ivanovic,Bosingwa,ferreira,Benayoun,Essien,Lampard,Mikel, ramires,Zhirhov,malouda,Kalou,Anelka,Drogba

2015-Thibo,Cech,Ivanovic,Filipe,Terry,Azpilicueta,Cahilll, ramires,fabregas,Hazard,Oscar,Mikel,Matic,

willian,schurrle,Costa,Drogba,salah, remy

That's 18 for 2010 and 19 for 2014/15 meaning we started the current season with only one more experienced player than the season you were referring to. Is it then safe to conclude that if (according to your statement) we left the squad bare thin and replaced experienced with untested youth, the same should also apply to the current season?

I'm just using your logic against you here. The right conclusion to draw from this is, we bought better players and have a better core and balance now than in 2010 and that amongst other things is the reason for the huge contrast in performance and result between both seasons. The small squad and youth argument does not wash I'm afraid

i'm really disappointed if mikel has much minutes than him in the rest of season...

RLC should be a CM off the bench behind Ramires (as Fab recovers)... while Mikel only used sometimes to maintain a lead-- but I see that Mikel-use going wrong too. Can't wait 'til Mikel is gone.

We tried to trim the squad to make way for Kakuta and Co, only to find out they weren't mentally ready to play first team, leading us to burning out our player's and most were to old to recover aswell as the "panic" of 2011 deadline day.

Don't get me wrong, im all for giving youth a chance, but am I in favour off chucking experience like Mikel and giving a player with less than 10 senior apps the spot behind Matic? Sorry but I draw the line there.

Thats a fair point, I just wish the coach would give one of the youngsters a run out every now and then

Thats a fair point, I just wish the coach would give one of the youngsters a run out every now and then

One of the youngsters is getting games and he's getting them because he has convinced Jose to trust him, and to believe that he's the best player available in his position for certain games. If other youngsters want to follow Zouma's lead they can see what they have to do.

Well all know how competitive our matches tend to be. Game time is not going to be handed out, it is going to have to be earned

RLC should be a CM off the bench behind Ramires (as Fab recovers)... while Mikel only used sometimes to maintain a lead-- but I see that Mikel-use going wrong too. Can't wait 'til Mikel is gone.

I think this i sthe right way to look at it. You're not asking for RLC to appear in the match day squad because he's young, you're saying you think he should be selected because he's the best choice available; you're saying he is ready to be picked on merit. Now it's up to RLC to persuade Jose to agree with you.

One of the youngsters is getting games and he's getting them because he has convinced Jose to trust him, and to believe that he's the best player available in his position for certain games. If other youngsters want to follow Zouma's lead they can see what they have to do.

Well all know how competitive our matches tend to be. Game time is not going to be handed out, it is going to have to be earned

I think this i sthe right way to look at it. You're not asking for RLC to appear in the match day squad because he's young, you're saying you think he should be selected because he's the best choice available; you're saying he is ready to be picked on merit. Now it's up to RLC to persuade Jose to agree with you.

In Zouma's case, would he have started consecutive games if Cahill wasn't going through a rough patch of form?

In Zouma's case, would he have started consecutive games if Cahill wasn't going through a rough patch of form?

My point exactly. Zouma was picked because, for whatever reason, Jose considered him the best option for those games. That's how it is, you won't get games under Jose just because of the numbers on your birth certificate. In my opinion, there is no point calling for some players to be picked simply because they are young. At least not until our fate has been settled for the season. Until then, meaningful minutes will be handed out strictly on merit only. If you are judged the best available, you will be judged old enough and you will play. If you are not considered the best available, it won't matter a jot how old, or how young, you are.

• 3 weeks later...

My point exactly. Zouma was picked because, for whatever reason, Jose considered him the best option for those games. That's how it is, you won't get games under Jose just because of the numbers on your birth certificate. In my opinion, there is no point calling for some players to be picked simply because they are young. At least not until our fate has been settled for the season. Until then, meaningful minutes will be handed out strictly on merit only. If you are judged the best available, you will be judged old enough and you will play. If you are not considered the best available, it won't matter a jot how old, or how young, you are.

Late reply but the Zouma example is not even close to the same thing. Believe it or not Zouma already had 73 pro games under his belt prior to this season. How about we stop pretending he's in the same boat as RLC, Solanke etc?

It's amazing big clubs like Atletico, Juventus, Bayern, Barcelona, United, Arsenal, Dortmund, Liverpool etc can bring through their products without destabilizing their season but it's impossible at Chelsea.

The leagues there are much less difficult than here, and unlike United, Arsenal and Liverpool, we are competing for 3 trophies. Every game is a big game and Mourinho doesn't trust the youngsters for big games.

Also United had to give youngsters a chance in the first team since everyone was injured lol. Look how that turned out for them.

It's amazing big clubs like Atletico, Juventus, Bayern, Barcelona, United, Arsenal, Dortmund, Liverpool etc can bring through their products without destabilizing their season but it's impossible at Chelsea.

With our preferred squad are we blowing teams out?

The leagues there are much less difficult than here, and unlike United, Arsenal and Liverpool, we are competing for 3 trophies. Every game is a big game and Mourinho doesn't trust the youngsters for big games.

Also United had to give youngsters a chance in the first team since everyone was injured lol. Look how that turned out for them.

Nobody asked Mourinho to give the youngstars a chance against the big teams.

The funny thing is that the title race in La Liga is much more difficult than the PL.

It is not less difficult. Well Germany, yes and Italy as well. In Spain, Atletico, are competing with arguably the two best teams in the world and bring through their products. Saul Niguez came on for them against Real a few weeks ago and scored an overhead kick IIRC and they won 4-0. They gave him a chance in a game they needed to win and the 'risk' paid off.

Nobody asked Mourinho to give the youngstars a chance against the big teams.

The funny thing is that the title race in La Liga is much more difficult than the PL.

I don't agree with that since every team in the Premier League are difficult to beat and are certainly no pushovers.

Look at the bottom five in PL: Sunderland, QPR, Burnley, Aston Villa, Leicester City.

Now look at the bottom five in La Liga: Almeria, Elche, Levante, Granada, Cordoba.

I am confident that the bottom 5 in La Liga are much more easier than the bottom 5 in the PL.

This is what I am saying. Every team in the PL (even so in Championship) are difficult to beat and Mourinho doesn't trust the youngsters enough to play against them. If he was playing against Levante, for example, I have no doubt Aké would get a chance. Playing against Aston Villa is a whole other story.

Also in La Liga there are only 3 teams capable of winning the league. Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid and Barcelona. Every other team fears them.

Here in the PL there are, in my opinion, around 6 teams capable of winning the league. Chelsea, Manchester City, Manchester United, Arsenal, Liverpool and Southampton (there may be even more). Every team in the PL is confident in beating any other team in the PL. As a consequence, the games are much harder.

You might also take money into consideration. Real Madrid and Barcelona get much more money than the other teams in the league. Our top teams have plenty of cash to splash around. Arsenal spent loads on a top player like Sanchez, we bought Costa and Fabregas while the Manchester clubs are spending around a hundred million to buy players like Jovetic, Fernandinho, Falcao and Di María.

I could make more points but I'm too busy, sorry :)