West Brom v Chelsea

BlueLion.

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We seem to be playing all the teams at the wrong times this season. They'll be full of confidence after their 4-0 win over sunderland today. It is vital for our CL ambitions that we get a win and get some kind of momentum going.

Cech

Ivanovic-Cahill-Cole-Bertrand

Ramires-Essien-David Luiz

Sturridge-Drogba-Mata

It shouldn't be that risky playing cole centre back, we could put Ivanovic there instead but then we are playing Bosingwa, and i think i would prefer Cole centre back, plus Ivanovic has been really good on the right recently.

Cole at centre back? wow.. when I thought I'd heard it all

He pretty much played it today, better than playing Luiz centre back and having 0 midfield. But a better call might be, and i only just thought of it, Ivanovic centre and Ferriera right back, i keep forgetting Ferriera is still in our club, he's too quiet!.

I wouldn't force Cole in centre back for no apparent reason. He would very much struggle in air battles, and I doubt he would be happy with such senseless tinkering. It would be okay to try Luiz in midfield when Terry is fit, but now is not the time to start inventing a bicycle. I'm more than sure that this defensive line would lead to disaster.

I wouldn't force Cole in centre back for no apparent reason. He would very much struggle in air battles, and I doubt he would be happy with such senseless tinkering. It would be okay to try Luiz in midfield when Terry is fit, but now is not the time to start inventing a bicycle. I'm more than sure that this defensive line would lead to disaster.

Yeah okay and lets just play the same usuall bull crap we get from our midfield, i'm more than sure we will either get a scrappy draw against West Brom or lose if we play the same usual shit. We have to use Luiz in my opinion because i think he can save us and get us a lot of points. Then okay how about

Ferriera-Ivanovic-Cahill-Cole

What about that?, Terry doesn't get fit till 4 weeks, and we have games like West Brom and Stoke coming up, ones we have to grab all 3 points from if we want to get 4th place.

Yeah okay and lets just play the same usuall bull crap we get from our midfield, i'm more than sure we will either get a scrappy draw against West Brom or lose if we play the same usual shit. We have to use Luiz in my opinion because i think he can save us and get us a lot of points. Then okay how about

Ferriera-Ivanovic-Cahill-Cole

What about that?, Terry doesn't get fit till 4 weeks, and we have games like West Brom and Stoke coming up, ones we have to grab all 3 points from if we want to get 4th place.

You have to think seriously. Would Luiz add SO MUCH in our midfield that it would be a question of defeat and win? And then ask if a slightly improved midfield would compensate a totally screwed up defensive line. This line-up with Ferreira is better, but I don't like Ivanovic at CB that much. And Ferreira has cold feet, he is the Don Vito Corleone of bench. This Cole at CB thing sounds too extreme... we must play those games safe, but fucking like that is too risky and if it doesn't work, you know what AVB will be called.

You have to think seriously. Would Luiz add SO MUCH in our midfield that it would be a question of defeat and win? And then ask if a slightly improved midfield would compensate a totally screwed up defensive line. This line-up with Ferreira is better, but I don't like Ivanovic at CB that much. And Ferreira has cold feet, he is the Don Vito Corleone of bench. This Cole at CB thing sounds too extreme... we must play those games safe, but fucking like that is too risky and if it doesn't work, you know what AVB will be called.

I think these risks have to be taken at the moment, yes logic >>> faith, but Luiz has to play in midfield, and course he will add a lot more, he is a spark, and i love it when he gets more upfront, it might not work, but try it for a game, it shouldn't be that bad with the back 4, your acting like it's going to be a crises, i think we have to attack West Brom, because they are known for having a Championship defence, however you have Mulumbu, Chris Brunt, Fortune in midfield, also Cox who can play a good game now and then, then you've got that Odemwingie upfront and Shane Long might be playing, give them a lot of chances they will score goals, but if we are on top of the game i am confident we will win, however with our same stupid midfield we will probably just have another typical game of the season.

That creative player is the difference to midfield.

Maybe, and it might be too much of a risk, but like i said with my alternative which i think is better with Ferriera on the right and Ivanovic centre, i don't like Ivanovic centre much either, but he only usually struggles there in big games, for this upcoming game i think he might be alright.

David Luiz is NOT a midfielder, he played there for Benfica a few times and wasn't great, he did ok considering he was out of position but he is a centre half.

In a reverse way i just want him to play there for a match to make every-one realize this because if anyone is expecting a re-born Iniesta your be in for a nasty shock.

@sloth:i hav lost all the respect for u because of this childish idea of DL as mid..

It's an idea and an opinion, so if you lost respect for me because of that, then your respect simply meant nothing in the first place.

David Luiz is NOT a midfielder, he played there for Benfica a few times and wasn't great, he did ok considering he was out of position but he is a centre half.

In a reverse way i just want him to play there for a match to make every-one realize this because if anyone is expecting a re-born Iniesta your be in for a nasty shock.

Like i said i don't want it to be long term, i think it's needed for now to get him involved, fair enough he might of not of been great at Benfica but i've been saying TRY, and if it doesn't work next match, then i'll say okay it was a bad idea, but we have to give it a try, i want to get 4th place, and with our same boring midfield who lack creativity and spark we aren't going anywere, infact we will probably be a definite 7th place at the end of the season. We maybe ruining his progress at the back but tough shit, it was the clubs fault to get themselves in this position and if they want Champions League football they have to make sacrafices.