Chelsea 1-1 Birmingham

BlueLion.

Oh yeah, we've been seeing the same shit for the best part of 15 months now. I'm near the breaking point, as are many CFC supporters. HOWEVER AVB isn't helping himself with stupid team selections. Why play Mikel and Meireles today? Why not play them when defensive players are needed, like against Napoli? Why not play a more attacking midfield with Essien and Lampard? Why play the Useless Spaniard?

Okay agree on most points. Torres probably played as its gonna be his last game for a while. Drogba understandably 'rested' for Napoli. Lukaku was injured I heard???

Meireles is a complete joke I don't get it either. He is awful. Either lampard or Essien should have started in his place. Glad to see he's dumped Bosingwa, now it's time to drop Raul as well.

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sack the squad, because they're fucking useless and if they can't be motivated by their wages and the prestige of playing for the club, they shouldn't be playing full stop. Plus they hardly help with their half-hearted performances

This point is probably the better of the two! I would just sell the likes of Torres, 'Boshitwa', Malouda, Kalou, Meireles and possibly even Mikel as well... bring in some much fresher and hungry talent with the money that we have behind us... those players I've mentioned especially are as painful to watch as squeezing a lemon with knife blades coming out of it!

I've been pleasantly surprised by Cahill. Thought he would be an average player but in both appearances so far he's been calm, assured on the ball and made very few mistakes.

As have I, think him & Luiz could become a solid partnership when needed.

There's always two sides of everything. First of all AVB isn't to blame for everything, but he is most certainly to BE blamed.

AVB:

1) His teamselection is horrible. The fact that he chooses to play meireles and mikel against Birmingham is absolutley clueless. Those two have no creativity what so ever and are an option when playing abit more defensive football.

2) I really doubt his team encouragement and motivation skills. Lately I really believe the players do not respect him and have little faith in him.

3) His substitutions suck bigtime. For instance, taking Mata off at that time is just stuipid. Mata rarely loses his creativity and pace and would have been needed for the whole game. Putting Lamps on for the last 9 minutes is just a no brainer. He should of started.

The team:

Even if our team isnt the strongest, the players are to blame for alot. They are paid like fucking gods and they are playing in the premier league, in a "top club" like Chelsea. Even if they perhaps arent happy with the manager or lose faith they should still play strong and keep themselfes motivated. How the fuck did we beat City to play this shitty against Birmingham, or teams such as Wolves and Swansea? The skills and play IS THERE but for some reason it doesnt show. Seems like they dont care (except for a few, Luiz, danny, mata etc)

Conclusion:

We are in dire need of some creativity in the team. The only player I have trust in the midfield is Ramires and possibly Essien to some part. The rest are pretty much utter shit and we would need 2 midfielders I think. Depending on what our gamestyle of choice will be one of those need to be a winger so that PERHAPS and depending on what happens with Torres and Lukaku maybe Danny could play as CF even. Either way, some type of forward is a must. Hopefully Mata can drop and take a position behind the striker(s) to feed more balls to.

Anyway, I expect us o get slaughtered by Napoli in all honesty. I expect us to have a 3-1 defeat and at home it'll probably be a horrible 1-1 display or alike. 4th i the PL isn't expected atm either. Our choice is to bet huge in the summer on new players and give AVB 100% trust in a long time view.

hazard didn't seem as likely as Willian

fair enough, but he was still a player I would have preferred in all honesty! The way we're going... poor performances and all that, I hardly think we're going to sign him in the summer! We should have tempted Lille with a legit offer last month while we still had the chance!

The first half was shocking, absolutely shocking, compounded by chants of "Jose Mourinho" from our own fans and then booing the team off at half time.

If we never see Fernando Torres play for Chelsea again I wont be sorry. What a miserable excuse for a performance that was, Im not exaggerating when I say that I think you could pluck any semi-fit guy off the street and he could match that same performance that Torres gave in the first half, to describe it as piss poor would be doing it a compliment.

Didier came on second half and at least seemed to have energy, he fired the team up, he provided a physical presence up front, he pushed people, he made runs, he had a few clever flicks, it wasn't a great performance from Drogba but for a 33 year old, only back a day after an energy and emotionally draining ACON, it was a decent performance and a far better one than Torres. At 33 years old, the great man can't be relied on to drag the team out of a tight spot forever. However he should absolutely, 100% start against Napoli.

Mikel is shit. Meireles is average and shouldn't be a starter for a club with our ambition. I don't understand why anyone lets Frank Lampard hit freekicks, I thought, with that freekick late on, with the range it was at, with the position being right in the centre of the goal, it was ideal for Drogba to strike but up stepped Frank with his ridiculously bad freekicks that always seem to either hit the wall (the majority) or fly a long way over the crossbar.

On the positives, Ramires did very well having missed a few games with injury, Luiz continues his excellent form at the back and, once we got the ball to him in the second half, Sturridge did very well, a constant threat and a worthy goalscorer.

Bad result, pretty bad performance but at least we aren't out, it will have to be far better against Napoli.

fair enough, but he was still a player I would have preferred in all honesty! The way we're going about it, I hardly think we're going to sign him in the summer! We should have tempted Lille with a legit offer last month while we still had the chance!

How many times does it need to be said? Hazard was not, under any circumstances, going to leave Lille in January.