Lampard: The weak link

I know I'm going to get slated, but Lampard was the worst player n the pitch. He is the reason we had to go back to 4-3-3 (ok so AVB was the one who picked him). He is soo one dimensional that we have to go to a formation that clearly does not work just becuase he preferes it. But its clearly obvious that he is the worst midfielder on the pitch. There was only one thing that was good from him today (the little drible where he went pass two players). He contantly has to take 10 touches before he decides what to do. He is the slowest player on the pitch. Keeps losing the ball and is frankly the weak link. I know that many think its Bosingwa. But atleast you feel like he could do something.. Lampard does fuck all. But becuase everyone keeps screaming legend about him we constantly play him and try to use tactics that focus on him. Despite being one of the slowest and most uncreative players on the pitch. He needs to be dropped. Josh sould have started over him when he was with us.

He must be told that he will have to take a squad role an not be a first team player. If he will not accept this and try and disrupt the dressing room then sadly he needs to go. He is one of the biggest problems when it comes to creativity and good football. He has no creativity anymore and just waits at the edge of the box and hopes a lucky loose ball will come for him to try and score. Ignoring his midfield duties of trying to get the ball from defence to attack and help creaate good chances. I know I will get slated for either being a plastic, not showing "respect" to a "legend" , trying to give an excuse for Torres or not knowing anything about football. But I will go into taboo territory and say that Lampard is becoming a hindrance to our squad. He needs to be dropped and in the summer buy someone for the midfield who can replace him. One who is not so dimensional that we have to play 4-3-3 only just for him.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And before labels start being thrown around here. We all have an enormous amount of respect for Frank Lampard, he's a legend, he was instrumental from 2005-09. But all good things must come to an end, all legends must cease their careers at the top eventually.

What annoyed me most today was he lost the ball near their box and just shrugged his shoulders and walked slowly back.

It typified his lack of fight and he was the CAPTAIN today. I rarely moan when I see players having bad days as long as I feel they

are giving 100% clearly today Lamps wasn't.

What annoyed me most today was he lost the ball near their box and just shrugged his shoulders and walked slowly back.

It typified his lack of fight and he was the CAPTAIN today. I rarely moan when I see players having bad days as long as I feel they

are giving 100% clearly today Lamps wasn't.

Hate to say this but is it possible that Lamps sabotaged his manager cause I've never seen him doing that. :blink:

Fuck, I totally forgot today was a game. But I see we lost 2-0... fuck that!

I dislike your post because of this: you called Lampard a "legend". Why between quotation marks? Please fuck off if you're implying that he isn't a legend.

And he just came back from an injury. I didn't see him play but it was always going to happen when a 33 year old injury prone player starts after a fresh injury... it's something that should be AVB's responsiblity to recognize and address. If he really was THAT bad, and he was preferred over the others, then you can see the problem lies within the whole squad if there ain't no better options... or it was just a big gamble/mistake by AVB, dunno.. I must watch the game.

I'm pretty sure soon enough Lamps will get himself back into physical form and score a winner, and this thread will fall into abyss just like the "Is JT finished" thread.

Stupid thread. Yes he is old now but he's still a good player. I agree he shouldn't always play, but he still has lots to offer at Chelsea. Also, he's just back from injury. It also doesnt help when he plays with other players that are not so good and players that aren't performing.

I dislike your post because of this: you called Lampard a "legend". Why between quotation marks?

And he just came back from an injury. I didn't see him play but it was always going to happen when a 33 year old injury prone player starts after a fresh injury... it's something that should be AVB's responsiblity to recognize and address. If he really was THAT bad, and he was preferred over the others, then you can see the problem lies within the whole squad... or it was just a big gamble by AVB, dunno.. I must watch the game.

Becuase thats the word people constantly spew when someone has the nerve to not talk postivlyy about him all th time. Of course he will be considered one of the greatest players when he leaves. But we still pay him a huge amount of money for him to perform.

And ts not just this game. Ever since two years ago he as been shit. We saw that benching him means he has to perform better. But now it seems AVB is to scarred of feeling the wrath for not starting him every game.

Seriously, you had to watch the game with an objective mind to see how awful he was.

I dislike your post because of this: you called Lampard a "legend". Why between quotation marks? Please fuck off if you're implying that he isn't a legend.

And he just came back from an injury. I didn't see him play but it was always going to happen when a 33 year old injury prone player starts after a fresh injury... it's something that should be AVB's responsiblity to recognize and address. If he really was THAT bad, and he was preferred over the others, then you can see the problem lies within the whole squad if there ain't no better options... or it was just a big gamble/mistake by AVB, dunno.. I must watch the game.

I'm pretty sure soon enough Lamps will get himself back into physical form and score a winner, and this thread will fall into abyss just like the "Is JT finished" thread.

He's been poor for over a year now. His goals have saved him from constant criticism but goals alone isn't enough from a player in his role. Lamps is a legend but that legend status does nothing for us.

Well well well, now Lampard is the weak link????

I remember here stating at the beginning of the season that Lampard should have been bench, and people cursing me out, and all this stuff.

I was proven right about Torres, now being prove right about Lampard.

Like I stated in the past I am usually right cause most of my opinions are non bias.

Enjoy the winter blues people! :D

Stupid thread. Yes he is old now but he's still a good player. I agree he shouldn't always play, but he still has lots to offer at Chelsea. Also, he's just back from injury. It also doesnt help when he plays with other players that are not so good and players that aren't performing.

He was the Captain today and when they needed a Leader he went AWOL.

Well well well, now Lampard is the weak link????

I remember here stating at the beginning of the season that Lampard should have been bench, and people cursing me out, and all this stuff.

I was proven right about Torres, now being prove right about Lampard.

Like I stated in the past I am usually right cause most of my opinions are non bias.

Enjoy the winter blues people! :D

Hahahah wrong account.