Lampard: The weak link

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What annoyed me most today was he lost the ball near their box and just shrugged his shoulders and walked slowly back. It typified his lack of fight and he was the CAPTAIN today. I rarely moan when I see players having bad days as long as I feel they are giving 100% clearly today Lamps wasn't.

When was that? I didn't notice that. Would like to rewind and watch that again :angry:

Becuase thats the word people constantly spew when someone has the nerve to not talk postivlyy about him all th time. Of course he will be considered one of the greatest players when he leaves. But we still pay him a huge amount of money for him to perform.

And ts not just this game. Ever since two years ago he as been shit. We saw that benching him means he has to perform better. But now it seems AVB is to scarred of feeling the wrath for not starting him every game.

Seriously, you had to watch the game with an objective mind to see how awful he was.

Fair enough. But what do you mean by playing every game? Before his injury I believe he was more of a bench player than anything else. He starts one game after his injury and he's automatically a tyrant? Watch him being benched the moment Ramires comes back.

Fair enough. But what do you mean by playing every game? Before his injury I believe he was more of a bench player than anything else. He starts one game after his injury and he's automatically a tyrant? Watch him being benched the moment Ramires comes back.

how we miss Ramires 's energy

You guys are nuts, he just came back from an injury. Give him some time.

Last season he came back from injury took him some time to get back.

Now it's the same.

Lampard is older and ain't superman like before.

But he still is a player I would like to have at the club for when things start going down. Dig deep.

He's also pure comedy^

As far as I'm concerned Lampard is now the definition of luxury player. The game passes by him, he can't keep hold of the ball for long enough to pass forward, defensively he isn't noticed and if we are not creating chances he cannot use his greatest asset, timing runs to grab goals.

I don't think lampard is our weak link but I think his role should be our game winner from the bench

I always thought that players like Lampard and Drogba can play for a couple of more years like Scholes and Giggs. But they have to accept those role like these two have at United.

Or maybe we can offer them a pay as you play deal?

Cause I would love to keep Lampard and Drogba for more years if they don't mind becoming "squad players"

This might be the emotions speaking but I think some of the points in this topic are rather harsh.

About his performance today, I thought he was thrown in there before being ready and 100% fit. You can tell that he was unable to run too much and rarely made his trade mark runs in the box. But despite that he was no where near our worst man on the field (thanks to bosingwa and dare I say Petr)

In all honesty, despite his age and decreasing energy, I'd still rather have Lamps start than Raul or malouda(in the middle) any day of the week. If anything I'd say he is what we have been missing recently, and that is a game winner.

I'm not worried about Lamps though, if anyone has the ability to make an unexpected return to form it is him. I mean, how manny times has he been written off in the past couple of years?

First off i want to start by saying Lampard is not first team material anymore. But all the options we have at midfield are not much better. The only person we didn't try was Josh and he is on loan.

This thread is such a knee jerk and this another attempt to make him the scapegoat.

Do you guys forget he just came back from injury, and how we looked when he was injured. If you need a remainder watch the Swansea game.

how we miss Ramires 's energy

Don't make Ramires some kinda savior we were equally shit with him on the pitch.

I seen him walking like he never gave a shit and that really offended me. I have seen Drogba do it in the past too and its not on, i never thought i would say this about Frank.

No offense, but you gotta be kidding?. Like the rest he didnt play well, but saying he doesnt give shit is way out of the line and respectless to one who love this club more than

anything.