Lampard: The weak link

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now since Josh is on loan at Swansea,I have no problem with Lampard starting every game for us.Its not much of a loss for us because FRANKly hes better than Malouda and Merierles.When Josh does return back to Chelsea,I would want AVB to play him more often and use Lampard as a super sub.Also Malouda and Mereieles will need to leave in the summer so that Josh can get more chances otherwise it will be the same scene for him all over again.Don't understand why people think Lampard is the problem.

Really? Let's see. Jose left in 2007, and Lampard was speculated to join him in 2008. 2008/09 - 20 goals, 19 assists. 2009/10 - 27 goals, 20 assists (best season so far). After that it's been downhill, but he produced 2 of his most notorious seasons after being linked to Inter. So, wtf are you on about?

What im on about is that your taking the facts for those specific years, whereas u didnt take into account the situation we'd be in as we are now... the situation now is that we have players considered legends (they r legends) and we're having a hard time building a successful team because of them.

Ya Jose left in 2007, that season we almost won the league and CL.. the year after that we should have won the CL (this is 2008/09..the yr Jose wanted him at Inter)... He stayed and won the league the following season.. now we're here.

So I maintain what I said considering in the last few seasons we could have possibly developed McEachrean or brought in some younger players and by now we would have a successful team for the next 5 years at least.

Remember the summer when Fergie said our team is too old to compete for the title? Well we proved him wrong and won the title, but after that we're absolutely shit.

Effectivity went downhill since then? Really? I guess you must have such a short term memory that you forgot his goals, assists and contribution to the team when we won the FA Cup under Hiddink and the double under Ancelotti.

ya i mistakenly thought that he was wanted by Inter at the end of that season with Hiddink.... anyways if he had left at the time we wouldnt be in this mess today.. I love Lamps and he was arguably one of the best and he's a legend... but right now he's shit.

ya i mistakenly thought that he was wanted by Inter at the end of that season with Hiddink.... anyways if he had left at the time we wouldnt be in this mess today.. I love Lamps and he was arguably one of the best and he's a legend... but right now he's shit.

You're blaming Lampard for the mess we're in right now? He maybe poor at the moment but he's not our main problem and certainly not the root of it. You're basically saying all of that on hindsight. Fail.

It's not just the fact he's just come back from injury, it's the fact he's been like this all season. And it would've been all fine when he was being benched by André, which is what should be happening, but noises were coming out. The press were talking, he was talking, André was talking.

He's not a total dimwit now on the pitch, his experience counts for a lot and when you're challenging at the top you need players like this. Because you can't just have new players all the time, guys like Lampard should be kept around if they're willing to accept they are going to be a bit-part player. He seems like he's not willing to do this, because he still holds England ambitions and still believes he's a top-player who should be starting. Therein lies a problem.

We respect his legendary status & all, but it's a problem at the moment.

Lampard needs to be used like Giggs because he isn't a superstar anymore. He should start one in every three or four games.

Can we afford doing that? For his 150k pw we could bring in two players. 80k pw Hazard and 70k pw Montolivo.

Love him till the end, but in conclusion, its undeniable he cannot perform at his best every week AND he makes far too much to perform like yesterday. Seems to be at an impasse...if he can take a pay cut and play more of a Scholes-type role as cover, then he'd be awesome. Don't think he's willing to do that however, so theres no real choice for the board. club

######

Just another knee jerk thread .

He was absolute pony yesterday , but then so were most. weakest link ? No

He'll probably pop up and score a couple in upcoming vital cup games then everyone will be sayimg ''Oh Lampsy, what a legend :wub: ''

Lampard has become me least favorite player in the sports world at the moment. He ignored avb in the B'ham game? I hope he's not trying to implement another one of our "get coach sacked" craps. next to getting Hazard/Di Maria, selling Lampard is one of my most desired transfers.

Lampard, want him to stay but I think inner politics is what's driving his play and age too. Box to box mid at age what 33??? Yeah it's tough for the guy but i think he needs to be is a CAM. that way we can get the best out of him ad not use his legs THAT much as apposed to box to box. Thing is, mata is best for that position when we play kalou or Malouda on LW. So suddenly lampard is pushed to his favorite but not best in terms of efficiency. We all know how vital he can be to joshy's growth and for that I want him to stay. But he has to have selective games, end of. No more week after week after week it's just inpossible right now. AND I still think we can get great performances if we get width in our squad. Let's face it he has no room to make those runs if we try to play like barca! We need wingers that get chalk in their boots and then maybe lamps can have more space and be that last man in the box.

Lamps can stay but boy wouldn't he need a very special environment!

Think it's fair to say most of us fans love Lampard to bits for what he has done for the club and probably hope he can retire by staying at the club. However, if he can't accept the 'Scholes/Giggs role' at the club and wants to play every week and in every game, then sadly, I think we need to let him go.