Lucas Piazón

the wes

I think Bremen would be a good club to loan him to.

Too early to think about a loan imo. He's playing with U21s despite being just 18 and getting valuable experience from the next gen tournament. No reason to loan him out atm.

I think Bremen would be a good club to loan him to.

Not ready for that kind of move so far. He would not even get into the team tbh. If he goes out on loan would be beneficial that he joins a Championship club. Too early to even think about sending him on loan to a team of Bremen's quality

• 2 weeks later...

I thought he had a good game. His work rate was amazing and he seemed to always find space between the midfield and defense. Naturally he was nervous on the ball, but let's not forget he is just 18 yo. I actually like his movement off the ball.

Needs to go on loan. Has a long, long way before he is anywhere near starter material. I have my doubts as to how good he really is. Personally, I think we're overrating him and making him out to have a lot more potential than what he really has.

On current skills and performance, I'd say he's a good 4-5 years off being Chelsea level.

Such is the failure of football, in my opinion, everyone wants the next superstar bought @ 16, ready by 18 or so age but realistically players are not ready for the PL/CL until 22+ depending on who you are, what other league you've played in etc. before someone quotes "EH WHUT ABT MESSI!?!" - There are, of course, exceptions but they are few and far between.

Patience, from players and club alike will get us far with youth development/getting youngsters into the first team.

• 1 month later...

I wonder why Piazon was never loaned out considering he's close in age to Lukaku and McEachran who went out on loans. Lukaku, DeBruyne and McEachran have made it known they don't want to return to Chelsea just to rot away on the bench. Hopefully the club gets Piazon a loan deal next season.

I wonder why Piazon was never loaned out considering he's close in age to Lukaku and McEachran who went out on loans. Lukaku, DeBruyne and McEachran have made it known they don't want to return to Chelsea just to rot away on the bench. Hopefully the club gets Piazon a loan deal next season.

Piazon is still not ready for a loan imo. He is getting all that he needs to develop from playing for U21s and the NextGen series. You can't rush these youngsters' development or the result would be the opposite. There will be plenty of time to loan him out the next two seasons.

How is this guy still doing?.

I'm going to be honest here i don't think he's good enough to be a Chelsea player, that's just my guess, obviously it's very early and yeah sure it's harsh. I had high hopes for him but he looks so bad when he comes on and plays a cup game and even in friendlies he seemed to just give the ball away everytime he had the ball.

He doesn't seem to have the mentallity or even any skill suprisingly to ever make it, even if he is 18 he should be showing signs regardless. Well anyway lets just see how he does i suppose, probably pointless stating this at the moment but it's what i think.

Chalobah is 16 and went out on loan straight away and Piazon didn't get one? Whats going on haha.

It's not about age, it's about how ready the player is especially physically. Chalobah may be just 16 but he secured a first team spot in the championship in no time which shows that he is in advanced part of his development.