Kevin de Bruyne

Madmax

15m euros is pathetic. wont be accepted

its just the typical negotiating. start as low as possible and then you go up a bit and find a compromise with the selling club. think in the end he will be sold for 20-25 m euros (even though I donkt think Wolfsburg will pay 25 m). they bought Gustavo for like 15m and he was already a proven player.

ChelsTransferGossip @ChelsTransfer 23s

Leverkusen & Atletico want to loan KDB but Wolfsburg are favourites to land him for 18m plus add-ons. #CFC want buy back option but unlikely

We should loan him. if he shows good performances + plays a good WC we can either keep him or sell him for even more money. seems like the club wants to cash-in on him already in this windows, which I dont understand at all.

15m? Fuck off get the 25m.

If hes really that good nobody will be afraid to pay that given he's only 22 or 23 with a lot of potential. Think his failure here has been more mentally than anything else, hes never had serious competition.. he's gotten it here and struggled. I mean look at Willian, came in nobody thought he'd be a regular in terms of who we already have but the chances he has had he's taken them and he has looked the real deal for us. Maybe loan Kevin and hope he adjusts his mentality next year and see what happens or sell for 25m. We don't normally sell and I don't expect anyone of our players to go cheaply, especially with Jose in charge.

€15 is actually quite insulting when you think of his stats at Werder bremen last year: 10 goals and 11 assists in 34 games from midfield in a team scrapping at the end of the Bundesliga.

15m? Fuck off get the 25m.

If hes really that good nobody will be afraid to pay that given he's only 22 or 23 with a lot of potential. Think his failure here has been more mentally than anything else, hes never had serious competition.. he's gotten it here and struggled. I mean look at Willian, came in nobody thought he'd be a regular in terms of who we already have but the chances he has had he's taken them and he has looked the real deal for us. Maybe loan Kevin and hope he adjusts his mentality next year and see what happens or sell for 25m. We don't normally sell and I don't expect anyone of our players to go cheaply, especially with Jose in charge.

25m is fair. I'd take that, and use it to invest towards a striker or midfielder.

When has a team outside of Bayern/BVB (bundesliga) paid 25 m for a player?

25m isnt fair and unrealistic.

Maybe after the world cup, but not during the January window.....

People can say be patient and wait, but knowing Emenalo, he will find others attacking players younger with more opportunity to impress...

De Bruyne just has a different personality other players. He needs to play consistently and not feel like any mistake will keep him glued to the bench. At Bremen he had a lot of freedom and he ran around alot, but his defense is poor, specifically tackling. In the Belgian NT he had a lot of freedom as well. The difference at Chelsea is that Jose is demends strong defensive responsibility from his AMs. Hazard's defense this year has been quite good and is severly underrated. I thought as good as we was v. Sudnerland his defensive plays were almost as remarkable as his offensive plays.

De Bruyne isn't that type of player which is a weakness but he hasn't been asked to be strong on defense because of his offensive playmaking acumen.

He's a younger version of Paul Scholes imo and given how inconsistent the strikers have been I thought maybe Jose would look to play the 4-2-3-1 with Harzard as faase nine allowing for Kevin's long balls/crossing and set pieces to be incorporated into the game, especially when the crossing and set pieces have generally been quite poor.

Considering Chelse agot KDB for 7 mil 18 mil+ add-ons would be a great return. The only problem is that if he finds his form at Wolfsburg and then in the summer at the WC his value might double and who knows if a PL rival like United/CIty give him a shot.

When has a team outside of Bayern/BVB (bundesliga) paid 25 m for a player?

25m isnt fair and unrealistic.

Maybe after the world cup, but not during the January window.....

People can say be patient and wait, but knowing Emenalo, he will find others attacking players younger with more opportunity to impress...

Not fair? And who ever said you get value in January? You heard José, nobody will be getting any of our players on the cheap. And if Wolfsburg can't meet his valuation then they shouldn't be bidding for him, end of story. Cheeky bastards.

Not fair? And who ever said you get value in January? You heard José, nobody will be getting any of our players on the cheap. And if Wolfsburg can't meet his valuation then they shouldn't be bidding for him, end of story. Cheeky bastards.

His valuation isnt 25m...

Did chelsea just come up with 25m randomly?

How do other clubs come up with prices? How was Willian priced at £30m? How was Falcao priced at £50m? Silly question. Of course these players aren't actually worth these prices, it just the inflated market; we should ask for no different. We'll have a hard time of dealing will FFP if we continue to let quality players go for buttons.

At the very least, KDB will go on loan until the World Cup and it's pretty safe to say that his price will rise afterwards. Therefore it is not inconceivable for his price to be in and around 25m by then. If Wolfsburg can't afford him then it's fine, I'm sure he'll have plenty of suitors in the summer. We may even keep him if Mata goes. We're not desperate to be rid of him, so why would we sell him for less now when we could get more later?

Because certain teams with certain very wealthy foreign sponsors decided to blow up the market in the early 2000s by paying these prices.

They are so expensive simply because you wish to buy them for that money. Brazilian Ronaldo, without a doubt the best striker in the world at the time, was worth € 25 million in the late nineties. That price was seen as insane. Now we're buying an average midfielder for that amount. That's not only inflation we're speaking of here.

Also, add the fact that a virtually bankrupt team like Real can still use government money to keep buying 50-100 million euro players. It's really time for that financial fairplay in my eyes... :)

I don't understand ehy.Joe never tried him at CM... He could be great in 4-3-3, but he is gone for sure after not even making the bench against Derby...by by Kevin and can't wait for the day when we'll regret for his sale (Like Matic)...

If there wasnt such pressure getting results in all games then maybe he would have tried, but who knows...

If there wasnt such pressure getting results in all games then maybe he would have tried, but who knows...

Totally agree with you.

Our inability to finish off games has not only cost us valuable points and an impressive goal difference but also the opportunity to give players like KDB,Ake and Kalas a chance to play for the first team on a much regular basis.