Kevin de Bruyne

Madmax

I still think that De Bruyne is more suited to Mourinho's style of play than Mata and that Mata offers the most in terms of transfer value, but the pressure on Jose to play Mata was massive.

That's very true. In fact, I think that Jose intended in preseason to rotate Kevin with Oscar and play Juan on the right. But Kevin's performances didn't really help his case. Plus, obviously, in terms of experience and maturity Juan is miles ahead.

Hindsight is a wonderfull thing though Skip :-) Hell, some people get roasted on here for defending Mata or Hazard. Other for believing in Mikel, some hate Torres and some love him. If you dare to say anything about Mou you are a plastic. So, it is more a general cancer of this forum than purely related to KDB.

Anyway, if Willian was coming anyway it could have made sense to loan him out at the beginning of the season. Then we would have had all our options open by next season (eg. What if there are major injuries, Mata decides to leave, ...)

Now, no loan, three appearances and a half a season later we seem to have given him very, very minimal opportunities. Also, the entire endeavour doesn't really scream 'clear vision' to say the least. If KDB has no place in Chelsea then what has been the use of putting him in the stands for 4-5 months other than risking frustration and group turmoil.

Totally agree...if KDB wasn't part of Chelsea's plan this season, he could of easily returned to the Bundesliga on loan and polished his skills...rather than sit in the stands for half a season

I like the kid's ability but unfortunately for him, we're just stockpiled with attacking midfielders in the same age group.

I think it's best for him to leave. Seems unlikely that he is going to get any games with all those quality attacking players we have in the squad.

It's a shame, at the beginning of this season I thought that Kevin would be an important part of our squad, but it seems that competition is just too strong for him.

Overall he made a massive mistake signing for Chelsea, classic example of player signing for a club too big for his size. I bet if he could go back time he would have never signed for us. This is the problem with modern day young talented players, most of them never really make it big at a big club despite their potential. This will and have applied to: Piazon, Ferus, Kalas, PVA, Bertrands at Chelsea. The only player who will make it here definitely is Courtois but that is because he is just way too good, already top 10 GK in the world at such a young age, the other might be Lukaku but he won't if we sign a new ST, the same reason why the lot I mentioned won't make it here.

These players would have better snubbed Chelsea to sign for clubs like Southampton where they will get a lot of playing time to develop themselves and be ready to join a big club like Chelsea when they reach that level. That is why our dream of self sustaining future with talented youngsters will never work, not with the expectations that we/Roman have. You can't keep on competing at the top with youngsters while other have world class players unless your starting 11 is something like: Courtois, Dave, Varane, Mangala, Digne, Gotze, Matuidi, Pogba, Hazard, Oscar, Neymar.

The only way it works is if every single top players become too expensive to buy even for teams like us, which will never happen. Because when we need a ST for example like we do now, we are not gonna turn to youngsters like Lukaku but rather we gonna buy expensive players soon(Falcao,Costa and so on) in order to achieve IMMEDIATE SUCCESS like CL, league title. This is why no matter how good our academy gets, the days of Terry making it here is pretty much over unless we got the next Rooney in our academy, someone who will score a hat trick in his CL debut.

#CFC have proposed De Bruyne and £25 million in exchange for Reus. Dortmund want move in summer rather than Jan. But #CFC want move in Jan.

LOL what? Reus got a 30m release clause, we are basically saying Kevin is only worth £5m?

Erm, did Wilmots really said this?

Kristof Terreur ‏@HLNinEngeland 3m

Belgian national manager Marc Wilmots: "If I had the same players as Mourinho at #CFC, I don't know if I would play De Bruyne either."

Any Belgians care to confirm this?

Kristof Terreur is normally pretty reliable, but I couldn't find anything in the belgian papers. Even nothing on Sporza and they would surely bring this from the NT coach. I see on Hristof's timeline this is pretty recent though .... Bizar.

All reports on KDB are on him wanting to ve sold and Mou preferring a loan to Atletico.