Kevin de Bruyne

Madmax

Seriously, which club would sign that deal? 'Here, take our sucky player we don't want! But hey, because there's always a slim chance he'll stop sucking after you work with him extensively for years, we'd like to buy him back for approximately the same fee. Thanks for the effort, assholes!' :D

That's how Barca roll. And Kevin hasn't been that bad, he's barely played. It's not quality he lacks, but games.

Reading this topic really makes me feel sick. It's been a while since I last posted something... but reading all this bullshit really made me write again.

I've been around this forum for 3 years now... not being the most active poster.... but always a good reader.

The whole KDB saga of him being wasteful and people shouting he should go asap is really a good example of the worst side of Chelsea 'Fans' here on Talk!

It's one thing to have an opinion... (imo everybody is totally free to have one) BUT this opinion should be based on something. And if you decide to come and shout... base it on hard facts! As it comes to KDB, after 4 games or so... who can argument about him on hard facts?? Please!

This is just the smallest side of 'real' chelsea fans who like a club with big names and who will always prefer even bigger names and more money spend ("Roman has money, so everything is possible... attitude!!).

I will not even try to mingle into the KDB story. Clearly I have an opinion since I've seen him playing since his 16-17. But I will give some small hints to the smartboys who are bashing him as whoefull:

• If you ask Jose honestly, he will always tell you he wants KDB to stay. If your manager believes in a player... you might want to think twice before you make your own opinion.
  • KDB played in the Bundesliga last year (where he actually did get some minutes). What does it say to you if 4 of the top 6 Bundesliga teams are eager to buy him??? Yes this is the country of the sausages and big beer glasses... but also the country who had 2 teams in the CL final last year!
  • KDB easily was the most important player for the Belgian National team in the qualifying round for Brazil. I don't think I have to mention all the names we have in our team these days... (oh yeah a certain Eden who is well adored by all here also plays there).

Anyways... I'm afraid this is all wasted energy. KDB will go to Brazil. You will actually see him play games (and not Leaugue Cup games or Pre season ones) and I'm damn sure a lot of you will be thinking "fuck.. this is the ginger we actually owned last year. Why did hell did we let him go just like that". I hope by then this topic will be closed so I don't have to read all the bullshit again then!!

Why you keep bringing the Bundesliga time as that is supposed to mean something?

Sahin, Kagawa are clear example of players being on fire in the Bundesliga and not cutting outside.

We will now add KDB to that list.

Epl CMs mostly suck, so KDB might have a chance in 4-3-3 CM, but not confident in 4-2-3-1..As Toronto mentioned, I didnt think it would be possible to be worse than Mata defensively, however, KDB might be that....

People go pass him as if he isnt even on the pitch and as a cm, especially against good counter teams, you can imagine what the game plan would be against us.....

13m is the magic number I say....

Isn't it just possible that he's just not good enough for Chelsea? He did well for Bremen and he's done well for the Belgian national team, but he might simply not be good enough to get past the other players in his positions.

I also have to wonder about his mentality. He always looks like a little boy with his head down on the pitch and off it and the defence of his performances is that he needs time and that there's a lot of pressure on him.....well welcome to a big club!

Apparently he's not interested in going to Atletico because he doesn't think he'll get in the team. What does that say about his belief in himself?

Isn't it just possible that he's just not good enough for Chelsea? He did well for Bremen and he's done well for the Belgian national team, but he might simply not be good enough to get past the other players in his positions.

I also have to wonder about his mentality. He always looks like a little boy with his head down on the pitch and off it and the defence of his performances is that he needs time and that there's a lot of pressure on him.....well welcome to a big club!

Apparently he's not interested in going to Atletico because he doesn't think he'll get in the team. What does that say about his belief in himself?

Lol where do you read that?

Have you seen them lately? Most players would struggle to make their bench this season. Simeone's built a boss side.

It would say he's a smart guy that doesn't want to make the same mistake twice. Play for a midtable team, gain minutes, confidence and stats, and then see where it'll bring you in the long run.

If there is one thing that i really agree with on KDB and which I said already last year, it is his mental vulnerability when the going gets tough. If you nurture him right, he will walk straight into this team in time. Alas, that is not an option in a silverware needing team.

Hazard for example has the opposite mindset: he gets complacent when nurtured and puts in the extra foot when confronted by difficulty.

But once Kevin has got the confidence .... Then he is consistently good.

Catch 22 really.

We need to move him on I'm afraid. He's way behind Oscar, Hazard, Mata & even Schurrle. His confidence is suffering with the bit part he is playing at the moment. Last match he was really trying too hard, and when he lost the ball he usually ended up fouling his opponent in pure frustration. I think we should cut our losses on this one

We need to move him on I'm afraid. He's way behind Oscar, Hazard, Mata & even Schurrle. His confidence is suffering with the bit part he is playing at the moment. Last match he was really trying too hard, and when he lost the ball he usually ended up fouling his opponent in pure frustration. I think we should cut our losses on this one

We might be overestimating the mental power of our youngsters. I wonder how Oscar would have been after being treated like KDB in his first year. Oscar came out a star, but his first season was .... Unbalanced..

How can we expect to have a youngster with less experience overcome even more major issues?

We might be overestimating the mental power of our youngsters. I wonder how Oscar would have been after being treated like KDB in his first year. Oscar came out a star, but his first season was .... Unbalanced..

How can we expect to have a youngster with less experience overcome even more major issues?

Oscar lost his father in a car crash when he was two years old, once he was in his early teens he made a vouch he would look after his mother & sister, and came through the ranks at one of the most competitive football academies in Brazil. He scored a hat-trick in the U-20 World Cup final and got 12 goals and 12 assists in his first season in Europe playing mostly out wide. He may not look it, but paradoxically, Oscar is one tough motherfucker.

I do get your point though, although I think Oscar was a bad example.

Oscar lost his father in a car crash when he was two years old, once he was in his early teens he made a vouch he would look after his mother & sister, and came through the ranks at one of the most competitive football academies in Brazil. He scored a hat-trick in the U-20 World Cup final and got 12 goals and 12 assists in his first season in Europe playing mostly out wide. He may not look it, but paradoxically, Oscar is one tough motherfucker.

I do get your point though, although I think Oscar was a bad example.

Fair enough. My point however was more on KDB though, as I said Oscar came out strong even if it took him a year. My bad on the bad English.

I don't see KDB as a mentally strong youngster (which has more to do with the personality you are born with than gruesome life experiences)

If Kevin does leave then for his development,I'd like him to join Athletico Madrid.Mainly because they are Champions League playing side and have a terrific coach.Diego is one of the must underrated coaches and I am sure that he'll turn him to a great player.He won't walk in straight to the starting 11 but we know Athletico spend their transfer funds wisely so I really don't see a problem in the long run.