Kevin de Bruyne

Madmax

He's a offensive midfielder, not suited to the double pivot at all. He hardly does any defensive work at Bremen.

He makes Lamps look like Vidal and people were complaining about Lampard neglecting his defensive duties and pushing up too much.

Ideally we'd play a three man midfield and have him and Oscar compete for the offensive CM role next year.

With proper manager that has vision, Kdb, Josh, Oscar,... will all be used properly and evolved to max. However, a manager with no clue will ruin them for sure. He wont know how and where to use them and stall their progress.

Hopefuly we will fix manager issue in summer.

He's a offensive midfielder, not suited to the double pivot at all. He hardly does any defensive work at Bremen.

He makes Lamps look like Vidal and people were complaining about Lampard neglecting his defensive duties and pushing up too much.

Ideally we'd play a three man midfield and have him and Oscar compete for the offensive CM role next year.

That's the role he has been asked to play at Bremen. It doesn't mean he wouldn't be able to play a more defensive role.

Anyone check Kevin's stats on the Bundesliga website? They're quite impressive! Says he has played the most minutes, excluding their goalkeeper...quite a welcome change from sending others out on loan! Decent in a tackle too.

http://www.bundeslig...hp?player=43474

That's the role he has been asked to play at Bremen. It doesn't mean he wouldn't be able to play a more defensive role.

That's the same as me saying Mata can play in the double pivot, his current role is just the role he's been asked to play. Kevin has always been a offensive player.

But of course you are allowed to believe he can play in that position.

That's the same as me saying Mata can play in the double pivot, his current role is just the role he's been asked to play. Kevin has always been a offensive player.

But of course you are allowed to believe he can play in that position.

It doesn't mean he can't adapt to it. He does need to improve a lot defensively though.

It doesn't mean he can't adapt to it. He does need to improve a lot defensively though.

Of course it's possible. But I personally don't see it happening tbh and I don't see the use of it. He clearly enjoys playing in the way he does now and has been doing in his career.

Players usually get moved from more attacking roles to deeper roles because they can't handle the pressure in advanced positions and/or lack effiency (or with older players it's when they decline physically) but that's clearly not the case with Kevin.

Of course it's possible. But I personally don't see it happening tbh and I don't see the use of it. He clearly enjoys playing in the way he does now and has been doing in his career.

Players usually get moved from more attacking roles to deeper roles because they can't handle the pressure in advanced positions and/or lack effiency (or with older players it's when they decline physically) but that's clearly not the case with Kevin.

I agree, but there's no harm in giving it a go. Marco Verratti adapted within a year at Pescara to a more defensive role, allbeit in a weak league. He's not the finished article at PSG but if you look at the difference now to then you can tell how much he's improved.

I agree, but there's no harm in giving it a go. Marco Verratti adapted within a year at Pescara to a more defensive role, allbeit in a weak league. He's not the finished article at PSG but if you look at the difference now to then you can tell how much he's improved.

I didn't follow Verratti at Pescara but I don't think any coach in the world would move an attacking midfielder (looking at your post, I assume he used to be a attacking midfielder?) who is performing to a deeper role. Which wasn't the case with Pirlo for example. And that's my point, fixing something that isn't broken.

But let's just wait and see. I'm just glad he's performing well and hope he keeps it up.

8 of the 9 goals Kevin has directly contributed at Bremen (scoring or assisting) came when he is playing at CM and not further up the pitch. He is not an attacking midfielder and I am convinced that he has the defensive ability to play in the pivot.

appologies if this has been posted already but this guy has made a video of Kev's highlights.

Some of the stuff is from the Genk days which youve prob seen, but plenty from Werder. theres also a part 2 which you'll find in the related videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIWvOe0FmKQ

appologies if this has been posted already but this guy has made a video of Kev's highlights.

Some of the stuff is from the Genk days which youve prob seen, but plenty from Werder. theres also a part 2 which you'll find in the related videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIWvOe0FmKQ

left foot, right foot... he doesn't really care

8 of the 9 goals Kevin has directly contributed at Bremen (scoring or assisting) came when he is playing at CM and not further up the pitch. He is not an attacking midfielder and I am convinced that he has the defensive ability to play in the pivot.

I said attacking midfielder not #10. Lamps is a attacking midfielder but he's a CM. The position a player plays on paper is irrelevant, it's all about how he plays on the pitch. Like Lamps he starts from central midfield to join attacks constantly. Most of the time he just strolls back if the ball is lost and does little defending. His presence in the defensive third is also rare. And that's why I wonder how he all of a sudden knows how to defend when he's only played on the wing and in a similar role as he's playing now in his entire career.

But If you're telling me you believe he can learn how to defend (at the required level of the role) then that's a completely different story of course.

Fuck watching them video's - admittedly some of the defending is shit and he wouldn't get that time or space - but he's a quality player and JUST what we need right now...

He said he didn't like the Germans (no offence to our friendly Germans) - so bring the boy back and let's get him playing...

I said attacking midfielder not #10. Lamps is a attacking midfielder but he's a CM. The position a player plays on paper is irrelevant, it's all about how he plays on the pitch. Like Lamps he starts from central midfield to join attacks constantly. Most of the time he just strolls back if the ball is lost and does little defending. His presence in the defensive third is also rare. And that's why I wonder how he all of a sudden knows how to defend when he's only played on the wing and in a similar role as he's playing now in his entire career.

But If you're telling me you believe he can learn how to defend (at the required level of the role) then that's a completely different story of course.

I've watched enough of Kevin to see that his defensive work rate is 10 times that of Lampard. He always tracks back, and despite not putting in fancy sliding tackles, he knows where to position himself and how to defend.Just watch him when he plays as a CM for Bremen, he probably wins the ball back more than any of their midfielders.

I'm not saying he will walk into the DP, but with proper instructions and some time he can be excellent there imo.