Kevin de Bruyne

Madmax

@ChelseaActivity: #CFC have a clause in De Bruynes contract, which allows the club to recall him back this month. May not, but its there should Lamps go.

First I've heard of this. I'm loathe to buy a new midfielder as I think we have 4 excellent young prospects (and that is not even thinking about the younger ones like Baker, Swift and RLC), and I feel we can utilise them in the squad.

However only KDB is ready short term, and I'm loathe to recall him January. He's done well, but to come in and be under such pressure? He would have to do well for the good of his career. I'm not sure.

Well considering that Essien is out on loan and Lampard appears to be heading out there's a dearth of quality CMs on the roster who are ready enough to play on a regular basis.

Of course the other issue is continuing with the 4-2-3-1, which I think is not the formation best suited for Chelsea's current roster.

Well considering that Essien is out on loan and Lampard appears to be heading out there's a dearth of quality CMs on the roster who are ready enough to play on a regular basis. Of course the other issue is continuing with the 4-2-3-1, which I think is not the formation best suited for Chelsea's current roster.

What is then? 4-3-2-1 is our best formation considering we don't have a lot of pure wingers and a lot of players who want to play behind the striker.

There is literally no need to call him back. I'm sure Lampard will leave in the summer not this window. We have Essien to recall. Recalling KDB will take away a good 4 months off his loan spell where he is growing and devloping so well.

I would recall him in the summer for next season and have him as a player who gets plenty of starts (Can play just about anywhere in the attacking half and midfield) but is not quite starter. I think he still has little bit of development to go but by the end of his loan spell he'll practically be a Chelsea level player.

KDB could play more good games than Hazard, tbh. And I think Hazard is great.

KDB sending out on loan was really not necessary and a misjudgement on Chelsea's part to net even let him finish the USA tour with the squad. He has more than qualities enough at this moment to be a starter at Chelsea.

And I don't say that lightly. Lukaku is nowhere near the readiness of KDB.

I was reading the Bremen forum and they all don't want him to leave.. :)

Recalling him back would give our center backs a breather.Luiz could be shifted back to cb and KDB could start off with a deeper role and then gradually contend for the number 10 role.

uh.. Mata, Hazard and Oscar are all competing for the number 10 spot. He should probably be played in the pivot (He can play there afaik) or on the wings.

OT What positions has Oscar played at his former club anyway?

If he came back now he would only play on the wings.

Which isn't exactly a bad thing with Ba coming in.

Everyone was raving about his center position in his last games he played with Genk but everyone seems to forget that was during the weakest period Belgian football has seen, it's no wonder he was shining.

Before playing in the center he was an excellent winger, not speedy but with a lot of trickery and pinpoint crosses. He's extremely direct towards goal unlike Hazard, something totally different.

He's been excellent at Bremen hasn't he which is nice because it's his first season in a team outside of his home country and not one of the best teams but to be so good in that situation shows everyone that he's confident, can adapt and progresses quickly. I look forward to him coming back.