Kevin de Bruyne

Madmax

What if he doesn't get a lot of games?

And he wouldn't. This is his first season playing in a top league and he's playing well but he's playing the attacking midfielder in the 4-3-3. He has played in the centre of the park before, but he's had most success in attacking positions. He could possibly develop into a deep-lying midfielder, but that's a long-term development. The positions where KDB would play at Chelsea right now, we have a lot of depth and he would barely get to play. He's developing well at Bremen and it's better for him and for Chelsea if he stays there until the end of the year.

Which isn't exactly a bad thing with Ba coming in.

Everyone was raving about his center position in his last games he played with Genk but everyone seems to forget that was during the weakest period Belgian football has seen, it's no wonder he was shining.

Before playing in the center he was an excellent winger, not speedy but with a lot of trickery and pinpoint crosses. He's extremely direct towards goal unlike Hazard, something totally different.

when I have seen him on the wing I've been VERY impressed by him

Which isn't exactly a bad thing with Ba coming in.

Everyone was raving about his center position in his last games he played with Genk but everyone seems to forget that was during the weakest period Belgian football has seen, it's no wonder he was shining.

Before playing in the center he was an excellent winger, not speedy but with a lot of trickery and pinpoint crosses. He's extremely direct towards goal unlike Hazard, something totally different.

Hazard: trickery, menace for defenders

KDB: excellent crosses and a cracking shot, wouldn't say Kevin has a LOT of trickery, he's very smart though and has a certain grace in his play you don't see often.

Playing him on the wings with 1 maestro benched might actually work well.

Hazard: trickery, menace for defenders

KDB: excellent crosses and a cracking shot, wouldn't say Kevin has a LOT of trickery, he's very smart though and has a certain grace in his play you don't see often.

Playing him on the wings with 1 maestro benched might actually work well.

If you watch De Bruyne's highlights at Youtube you can see that he is able to do a lot of trickery. When it's appropriate in a game, he performs those tricks, but most of the time he sticks to a direct style of play, which isn't a bad thing. When it's time for gallery-play, he won't disappoint you, just watch him at youtube.

For example :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qp9RmAgVQNw

At 15 seconds :

I think he's a little too aggressive with his play style to be a pivot player. Instead of asking him to tone it down and forcing him in the pivot, we should either use him as a CM in a 4-3-3 or one of the attacking 3 in the a 4-2-3-1. With a striker like Ba and hopefully Cavani or Falcao next season, his play style would be a great complement.

If you watch De Bruyne's highlights at Youtube you can see that he is able to do a lot of trickery. When it's appropriate in a game, he performs those tricks, but most of the time he sticks to a direct style of play, which isn't a bad thing. When it's time for gallery-play, he won't disappoint you, just watch him at youtube.

For example :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qp9RmAgVQNw

At 15 seconds :

I don't need to watch highlights, I've watched him for years :)

I didn't say he hasn't got trickery, but compared to Hazard he's more a man of the perfect pass/cross rather than a player who beats defenders using trickery.

I think he's a little too aggressive with his play style to be a pivot player. Instead of asking him to tone it down and forcing him in the pivot, we should either use him as a CM in a 4-3-3 or one of the attacking 3 in the a 4-2-3-1. With a striker like Ba and hopefully Cavani or Falcao next season, his play style would be a great complement.

I partly agree, but I think in an advanced role, Kevin looses one his best assets: Accurate long balls. I believe he has the ability to dictate the tempo in almost any game.

KDB continuing his excellent form in yesterday's friendly against Osnabrück!

He scored the 0-1 and gave a beautiful assist for the 1-2!! He seems more than ready for the second part of the season!

Highlights of the game (KDB's goal at minute 4 and his assist a minute later)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=44V2vEfNO50

KDB continuing his excellent form in yesterday's friendly against Osnabrück!

He scored the 0-1 and gave a beautiful assist for the 1-2!! He seems more than ready for the second part of the season!

Highlights of the game (KDB's goal at minute 4 and his assist a minute later)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=44V2vEfNO50

Allready posted that mate ;)