Kevin de Bruyne

Madmax

2 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

The whole of the Man City team totally bottled it last night not just De Bruyne they were like rabbits in the headlights.

Exactly this. Aguero was completely shut off, Yaya didn't have a second clue on what was going as Kroos and Modric totally passed him into a spin whilst Fernandinho was running around trying to break up play but was left looking like a blind fly swatter.

The long and short of it is, De Bruyne is developing into a player of massive magnitude, he will have quiet games but he will have more good than bad and is already playing at very high level, both proven in England and Germany.

• 2 weeks later...

He is very talented and can have a excellent game if on fire. But seriously, it's not about being world class every game but he is a Anelkaesque-type of player, seems bored and lackluster at times. Mou was right at that time, a player that needs the assurance he will play every game at 22 or so only to feel free of pressure is set to leave. I mean he was a kid and not proven at all, to me nobody has the right tu be a guaranteed starter if he doesn't perform...

Sad he ended whhere he is, cause can't stand city but still a very good player on his day...

1 hour ago, Clevemayer said:

He is very talented and can have a excellent game if on fire. But seriously, it's not about being world class every game but he is a Anelkaesque-type of player, seems bored and lackluster at times. Mou was right at that time, a player that needs the assurance he will play every game at 22 or so only to feel free of pressure is set to leave. I mean he was a kid and not proven at all, to me nobody has the right tu be a guaranteed starter if he doesn't perform...

Sad he ended whhere he is, cause can't stand city but still a very good player on his day...

Yes and Ivanovic did not perform for a while and still kept playing him.... So why your taking a double standard here? 

2 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Yes and Ivanovic did not perform for a while and still kept playing him.... So why your taking a double standard here? 

I don't iva has to go, search my comments on hin, had to go since cl glory. Critisized mou for that a Lot. 

It was more about Mou not playing him for 20 games in a row and then giving him one Capital One Cup game and then again ignoring him the next 20 games, while he performed excellent until he landed in the stands. Oscar could play 50 sh*t games in a row and Mou kept playing him because he is a better defender than De Bruyne. We can all see the beautiful result of Mou's thoughtful proces.

De Bruyne could've fit in with Oscar who was in great form at the time. Signing Willian is what fucked up everything.

I agree with you, when Hazard was playing bad William accelerated, with not much points to grab, now Hazard is on fire William is playing weak and we get the points.

Conclusion, let Hazard play good and you will win the game.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 6P met Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Blue Colored Sky said:

I have to say this, SO WHO THE F*CK IS CREATIVE ? If KDB isn't one, then we're talking about like what, 5 (!!!) players in the game that are CREATIVE ?

LOOK AT THE BROADER PICTURE GODDAMIT AND NEVER LOSE THAT SIGHT.

Who's creative then ? Silva, Messi, Ozil, James, Mata. Don't throw Neymar, Di Maria, Payet, Hazard, Suarez, Coutinho, Mkhitaryan, Isco at me. Because we all know they like to attack at pace just like Kev. So we have that high number of 5 (!!!) players in the world that can be claimed as "creative". And De Bruyne isn't creative because he doesn't check all the boxes of being one. Just great.

Oh, I forgot about Pastore. Everyone would want Pastore as AM over Kev because he is textbookishy "creative".

Calm down a bit. No need to use the caps lock. :P

Look, i'm not trying to have a go at De Bruyne or minimize his ability i just wouldn't label him a creative player. That's all.

Suppose it all depends on how you define creativity.

I consider being able to dribble in tight spacing a creative ability so players like Neymar, Hazard, Isco and Di maria would be creative players imo.

I just look at what a player can offer when the opponent plays a deep line (parks the bus).

When teams defend deep De Bruyne doesn't really make defense splitting passes nor does he go past players, in tight spacing, like Hazard does for example.

If he does try to go past players it usually happens in wide areas and he doesn't even really go past the player he just makes enough space for himself to cross the ball in.

De Bruyne just doesn't excel when teams park the bus. To be at his best he needs to have space. If he's up against a team that plays a high line then yeah he's going to make defence splitting passes. (it was a perfect situation @ Wolfsburg for him.)

When up against deep defences he needs to rely on his crossing ability (Like i said before his delivery from wide areas is quality) and his shot from distance (has a really good shot, both left and right, good accuracy, good power on them).

I don't want Pastore nor would i choose him over De Bruyne. It sucks that De Bruyne left and that was a mistake on our end no doubt about it but i've made my peace with it long ago.

• 3 weeks later...

An anonimous Chelsea source in the Belgian magazine Humo:

The only player that I ever have seen that stood up against Mourinho, was De Bruyne. Eventually Mourinho wanted to keep him on the bench for the coming time and De Bruyne said he didn't want that, so he left. De Bruyne and Hazard are both true world class players. But both are different types, Hazard is a magnificent solo artist, with genious moments. And De Bruyne is a fantastic team player, that can play in any team with every player. And he doesn't let anybody run over him.

On 6/24/2016 at 1:24 AM, MCM4PR3Z said:

An anonimous Chelsea source in the Belgian magazine Humo:

The only player that I ever have seen that stood up against Mourinho, was De Bruyne. Eventually Mourinho wanted to keep him on the bench for the coming time and De Bruyne said he didn't want that, so he left. De Bruyne and Hazard are both true world class players. But both are different types, Hazard is a magnificent solo artist, with genious moments. And De Bruyne is a fantastic team player, that can play in any team with every player. And he doesn't let anybody run over him.

Mourinho is EXTREMELY stubborn. His stubbornness will be my lasting impression of him from all of his years here. Once you are out of his good graces you are basically dead to him and once you are good you are an untouchable no matter what you do.  There was very little chance that he was ever gonna play De Bruyne. A great manager no doubt and he did a lot of good for us, but he was NEVER going to change. Should have fired him earlier in the season and we might have saved ourselves. 

3 minutes ago, Fernando said:

This is why I'm glad Mourinho is gone. United can have all of him as a Leopard never changes its spot. 

He made the right choice. ^_^ Don't want players like him at my club.