Our best players are our problems

Hazard - Neymar - Gotze - Silva - Aguero - Sanchez - Ibrahimovic - Messi - Ronaldo - Rooney - Cavani - Di Maria - Bale - Gomez - Hulk

But gotta love the Messi and Ronaldo excluded bit :D , now it's time for you to argue that you would rather have Mata than any of those players .

Hahah you can't be serious. Gomez, Cavani, Ibra are strikers and also some of other players are also strikers.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fans keep praising Ramires and Sturridge waiting for them make the spine of the team while they shouldn't be there !! we need a better spine and i am hoping that AVB won't let Ramires and Sturridge be the main men in our starting 11 , i am not saying they are not good enough to be here but they should be rotated or in the starting 11 but not as the stars of chelsea FC.

Unnecessary !! That is the whole point of the thread !!! ohh i am sorry that's bold , is it hurting your eyes ?!

This is exactly what I'm talking about. Nobody in their right mind will say we have a great squad, but you make no effort whatsoever to give players credit they deserve. Maybe some of us do tend to overrate some of our players, but that doesn't give you a right to be hypercritical of them.

And with all due respect, fuck off with your sarcasm.

There was a general consensus on this forum at the start of this season that it was one of transition, and a CL place was the best hoped for, to allow AVB to settle in. Just sayin'

I agree, but can you explain to me one thing?

I just finish watching the Madrid vs A. Bilbao game, and can you explain to me how in the world is Bielsa team playing better then AVB team, when they both been in charge of their respective team the same time frame?

Last game Chelsea was dog shit. It was so horrible to watch that I was falling asleep!

We have actually regress back in term of playing with AVB.

I support AVB, but he has to get his act together!

I agree, but can you explain to me one thing?

I just finish watching the Madrid vs A. Bilbao game, and can you explain to me how in the world is Bielsa team playing better then AVB team, when they both been in charge of their respective team the same time frame?

Last game Chelsea was dog shit. It was so horrible to watch that I was falling asleep!

We have actually regress back in term of playing with AVB.

I support AVB, but he has to get his act together!

I dont think we are as bad as last season, not even close.

The only problem right now is our players are in 3 brackets. There's Luiz, Ramires and co who are hungry and have eveerything to prove while we have the been there done it's in Drogba, Lampard, Malouda, Cole who don't have the same type of hunger anymore and then we have Ivanovic, Terry,Torres and co who are somewhere inbetween.

We need to make a similar statement like we did in 2004, when despite great service to our club we let the likes of Desailly and Hasselbaink leave we have to take a similar stance this summer IMO and let all the players older than Terry leave for the good of the future success here. It wont be easy saying goodbye to Lampard and Drogba but i think the time is right they are no longer going to win us games double handed are command about 300k a week between them in wages that could go to hungry players ready to take us to the next level.

I know Lamps and Didier are rightfull club legend's but all succesful clubs make these kind of decision's, Real Madrid did it with Raul and Guti, United with Keane and Beckham, Barca with Deco and Ronaldinho.

Basically this summer transfer activity and what AVB decides to do is going to shape us for years to come, tough decision's will be made regarding departures and from a sentimental point of view sad one's but players don't go on forever, the club does and we have to let the players older than Terry leave for the good of the future of this club.

The only problem right now is our players are in 3 brackets. There's Luiz, Ramires and co who are hungry and have eveerything to prove while we have the been there done it's in Drogba, Lampard, Malouda, Cole who don't have the same type of hunger anymore and then we have Ivanovic, Terry,Torres and co who are somewhere inbetween.

We need to make a similar statement like we did in 2004, when despite great service to our club we let the likes of Desailly and Hasselbaink leave we have to take a similar stance this summer IMO and let all the players older than Terry leave for the good of the future success here. It wont be easy saying goodbye to Lampard and Drogba but i think the time is right they are no longer going to win us games double handed are command about 300k a week between them in wages that could go to hungry players ready to take us to the next level.

I know Lamps and Didier are rightfull club legend's but all succesful clubs make these kind of decision's, Real Madrid did it with Raul and Guti, United with Keane and Beckham, Barca with Deco and Ronaldinho.

Basically this summer transfer activity and what AVB decides to do is going to shape us for years to come, tough decision's will be made regarding departures and from a sentimental point of view sad one's but players don't go on forever, the club does and we have to let the players older than Terry leave for the good of the future of this club.

Yeah but I find it frustating that smaller team play such great football, while our team with so much money, so much money we pay these players can't even play as good.

I hope AVB turns the team next season. Cause if come his third season, and we are still playing some slow dull football then we ain't never going to improve!

No, our problem is that we keep firing managers after managers, without building an identity.

Our team does not knows what we play after Mourinho left.

Mourinho build this team in his image, and they knew what to play.

Then after you fire him, and bring all these different managers to try to implement their philosophy it creates nothing but a cluster fuck!

Villas-Boas can only plan long term at Chelsea if Roman sees sense at last

Chelsea were as slow and predictable as a Londoner's daily commute, thus continuing the cycle of a campaign in which bright performances have tended to be followed by ones so grey that it is almost impossible to see silverware on the Chelsea horizon.

At Carrow Road, as so often this season,

Chelsea's malaise runs deeper than Torres's net phobia. The contrast with Norwich was instructive. While Chelsea remain a team in search of cohesion and identity, Paul Lambert's side play with a confidence and effectiveness that comes with faith in the clear methods of the manager, who has guided them to two consecutive promotions and, most likely, survival in the Premier League.

So from what I can see this is the problem. Because how can it be a team with so much money that pay big wages to such players cannot play as good as a Swansea, Betis or A. Bilbao?

We keep firing managers after managers, that we don't build nothing good. Everything goes to waste after we fired this manager and bring the next.

Right now I don't know if AVB is better then Carlo, but we need to stop this nonsense of sacking managers and leave the men alone for a while. Let him have full control of the team, so he don't have to worry about getting sack and can plan long term.

Id rather have Mata than Bale or Ibrahimovic, those 2 are so over-rated its untrue.

Mata is having a better first season than Silva, whats to say he can't progress into a world class player in the next 2 years,

But then having said that i'd rather we entered next season like 04/05 with a bunch of borderline world class players that will grow.

Bale was overrated but this season he has absolutely proved why he is one of the best wingers in the business , anyway i was just proving that if there is a top 10 forward list then Mata won't belong there.

Hahah you can't be serious. Gomez, Cavani, Ibra are strikers and also some of other players are also strikers.

You know that strikers are forwards , don't you ? My exact words were that Mata shouldn't be the man to lead our front line as he doesn't belong the top 10 forwards in the world , you said name 10 and there you have 15 better forwards than Mata , so even if you managed to claim that Mata is better than 5 players out of those 15 , he will still not make the top 10.

Anyway if you believe Mata is one of the top 10 forwards in the world then good for you , i just don't agree with you .

You know that strikers are forwards , don't you ? My exact words were that Mata shouldn't be the man to lead our front line as he doesn't belong the top 10 forwards in the world , you said name 10 and there you have 15 better forwards than Mata , so even if you managed to claim that Mata is better than 5 players out of those 15 , he will still not make the top 10.

Anyway if you believe Mata is one of the top 10 forwards in the world then good for you , i just don't agree with you .

Mata is a very good player, i don't care if he's part of the top 10 forwards in the world - pretty sure he's not so far off either.

You said it all.

In the beginning I was excited by Sturridge, if you look his 10 PL goals you can think hes being superb. The fact is that he is not a good winger, and it seems he want to play as a CF, but honestly he is not a world class CF, there are thousands of guys better than him around.

Mata is really inconsistent, and a team who want to win a CL trophy is not supposed to have Ramires as a starting XI.

------------------------------------Cech-----------------------------------

Ivanovic-----------Luiz---------------Terry------------Bertrand

---------------------------------Romeu----------------------------------

-----------------Moutinho???/McEachran----------------------

-----------------------------------------------Ramires-------------------

Hazard???-------------------------------------------------------Mata

------------------------------Sturridge----------------------------------

I honestly believe if we start next season with a lineup like this we are heading in the right direction, say what we likea bout Danny but he is proven goalscorer and thats all we need in a forward.

I know some will say no Torres why? but im basing this lineup on the assumption Torres won't turn around his Chelsea career, dont get me wrong i hope he does but there has been precious few signs of it lets be honest.

Playmaker from deep and a holding mid will mean Rami can make more dangerous runs into the box which will ultimtely equal more goals.

That remains to be seen though...at this stage last season we were 15 pts from the top, now we're 13. And that's without the horrible slump Carlo suffered for 3 months at a stretch.

Anyways, as long as we make the top 3 by the end nothing else really matters.

Although i don't agree with you but at least I can understand your claims regarding the Helpless Mata and David Luiz , but to claim that sturridge is better than Nasri !! and on the same level as Balotelli then you are either blinded by your love for the blue shirt or you don't watch Man city games often enough.

Balotelli is an extremely good player who is definitely better than sturridge , he more gifted , skillful , better technically and stronger than our daniel , better in the air and is a natural goalscorer .

Sturridge is definitely better then Nasri, i don't think that is even debatable. Nasri is extremely overrated, ffs he was only good for 3-4 months in his entire Arsenal career. He is not even a regular at City, and not even missed at Arsenal. Well maybe he is right now since Gervinho is injured.

Balotelli and Sturridge are on the same level. They both have the same amount of goals in PL competition, 2 of those goals are penalties, and Balotelli is surrounded with better talent.

Maybe i am overrating Sturridge, or you are extremely underrating him. But most likely is a little of both. I should remained you Sturridge has only been playing regular since last February, and less then a season playing out wide. You are being way too critical of him.

Mancini gave him high remarks, and i believe he was being genuine. Also Ashly Cole has given big praises to Sturridge. Here is what he said in the summer:

"I knew what he could do, I've seen him in training and he's honestly one of the hardest players I've ever had to mark, his movement is unreal, so the future here is with the young players and hopefully when he comes back next season he'll see more opportunities and bang goals in for us like he has done for Bolton.”

That is big praise, especially by one of the best LB of his generation.

Hazard - Neymar - Gotze - Silva - Aguero - Sanchez - Ibrahimovic - Messi - Ronaldo - Rooney - Cavani - Di Maria - Bale - Gomez - Hulk

But gotta love the Messi and Ronaldo excluded bit :D , now it's time for you to argue that you would rather have Mata than any of those players .

Mata is better then Hazard, Gotze, Sanchez and Di Maria, especially for this team. You talk about Mata being inconsistent but seriously how can you rate Hazard higher, when he is definitely more inconsistent. People on this forum seen way too many youtubes videos of Hazard. He might have a higher celling then Mata, but atm Mata is better.

Why exactly do you think Di Maria and Sanchez is better?

btw I don't think Mata is a top ten forward, but it doesn't matter he adds much more to this team then most of those players you listed.

He is perfectly fit for this team, so far his debut season in the PL has been on par with David Silva first season if not better. Silva took major steps this season, and Mata can certainly do the same. Mata is not world class right now and David Silva wasn't either last season.

For me FA Cup is a must when talking about salvaging this season, but my biggest concern is that we, pardon me, the front office won't make the neccesary changes to this lacklustre squad. Mata and Studge on the wings all day every day?? Damn! I would be tired too. Then Ashley Cole from pl, to Carling, to FA, to UCL!! What happened to a. Perriera as that back up lb he so desperately wanted?!?! Don't talk about youth, every manager's too scared to try it in case they compromise results. I don't like but let's be real here, they (managers) gota job to save too.

Then comes mikel who is our 3rd yes 3rd dm minded player in our squad after romeu, Ramires!! So we seriously need three?? And you can also add in essien if you want. So we are already short in terms of attach minded player with 3 up top an ONE AM. we missed essien greatly! For he would have been our scholes. The Late runner in the box, distributing it well, just great all round.

then when wingers are concerned, well it's not that there bad, it's that they don't beat a man!!! How can you expect to just beat a man with pace ALL THE TIME! look at nani, great mix if both or even Ashley young to an extent.

Changes are need you and I all know but do you really honestly think they will make these changes? Cuz if there's one thing we know it's that our front offices takes their time on all issues except on the greastest issue of all........firing managers.

Sturridge is definitely better then Nasri, i don't think that is even debatable.

Balotelli and Sturridge are on the same level.

Maybe i am overrating Sturridge, or you are extremely underrating him.

You are REALLY overrating him.

------------------------------------Cech-----------------------------------

Ivanovic-----------Luiz---------------Terry------------Bertrand

---------------------------------Romeu----------------------------------

-----------------Moutinho???/McEachran----------------------

-----------------------------------------------Ramires-------------------

Hazard???-------------------------------------------------------Mata

------------------------------Sturridge----------------------------------

I honestly believe if we start next season with a lineup like this we are heading in the right direction, say what we likea bout Danny but he is proven goalscorer and thats all we need in a forward.

I know some will say no Torres why? but im basing this lineup on the assumption Torres won't turn around his Chelsea career, dont get me wrong i hope he does but there has been precious few signs of it lets be honest.

1- Torres has no future at Chelsea.

2- Sturridge is not the CF yet to make us world beaters, and assuming he would be such a thing in next season will be a mistake.

3- Our team needs a lot more than just Hazard and Moutinho or promoting Josh as a regular starting XI next season, unless you are satisfied with becoming a new Liverpool or Arsenal, while sitting and watching City and United challenging for what really matters.

1- Torres has no future at Chelsea.

2- Sturridge is not the CF yet to make us world beaters, and assuming he would be such a thing in next season will be a mistake.

3- Our team needs a lot more than just Hazard and Moutinho or promoting Josh as a regular starting XI next season, unless you are satisfied with becoming a new Liverpool or Arsenal, while sitting and watching City and United challenging for what really matters.

I disagree about your first point but the rest of your post is exactly correct. Danny is far from the finished article and a distance off being ready

to be the main striker with the responsibility which comes with that status. The major problem as I see it is the lack of attacking options

available. Our bench is looking increasingly threadbare. No longer would a look at our bench worry opposing managers and players.

our defence is good enough with satisfactory cover( yes I know we need a RB)..It is in midfield and attack where we lack strength in depth

particularly in comparison with City.