Our best players are our problems

People knocking sturridge or saying he's not what we need should pipe down. To me he's been our best player. All we need from our CF who is Torres - is goals. Thats all you can ask of them. Right now to me Torres is done. We either need to move Danny into the centre, or buy a CF. one of the two. Our best players are Sturrdige,Mata,Ramiers. Thats about it this year.

Our problem? Ha, where to start? Shaky defence, Cahill may help to add solidarity to it...only time can tell...Our Full backs are nothing like they were, Ash is OK, but not great, everyone knows about our RB problems. Our midfield...Romeu - Yes, Seems decent.....Its that other player we are missing. that big game midfielder....That Modric/Rooney esc player...The creator or finisher...I know modric and rooney are different players in terms of their positions, but rooney is a work horse, drops deep to collect, his all round play is genuwinely superb. We are missing this. Our team doesn't seem to gel, its frustrating even writing this. We are failing to break down teams like Sunderland and Norwich.....Napoli will tear us apart unless this is addressed now.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People knocking sturridge or saying he's not what we need should pipe down. To me he's been our best player. All we need from our CF who is Torres - is goals. Thats all you can ask of them. Right now to me Torres is done. We either need to move Danny into the centre, or buy a CF. one of the two. Our best players are Sturrdige,Mata,Ramiers. Thats about it this year.

Our problem? Ha, where to start? Shaky defence, Cahill may help to add solidarity to it...only time can tell...Our Full backs are nothing like they were, Ash is OK, but not great, everyone knows about our RB problems. Our midfield...Romeu - Yes, Seems decent.....Its that other player we are missing. that big game midfielder....That Modric/Rooney esc player...The creator or finisher...I know modric and rooney are different players in terms of their positions, but rooney is a work horse, drops deep to collect, his all round play is genuwinely superb. We are missing this. Our team doesn't seem to gel, its frustrating even writing this. We are failing to break down teams like Sunderland and Norwich.....Napoli will tear us apart unless this is addressed now.

I said Danny isnt the finished article, that isnt knocking him , I think its stating what is obvious . He has improve but he could be much better.

You write off Torres but his decision making is superior ,Nandos touch is bad because he is lacking in confidence ,

I said Danny isnt the finished article, that isnt knocking him , I think its stating what is obvious . He has improve but he could be much better.

You write off Torres but his decision making is superior ,Nandos touch is bad because he is lacking in confidence ,

Not being funny but someones touch being bad is pretty inexcusable week in, week out. Sturridge can't do much more than he is based on how bad we are playing. If we were playing well he would improve with the rest of the team. What about Torres' pace?His finishing? His all round game is lacking if you ask me. This isn't basing it on one game either. It's basing it on every game in a Chelsea shirt. Time Howard has notched more than Torres in the last 11 games.

4 years ago , If a Barca fan started showing off saying that they had Ronaldinho , Eto , Deco , Puyol or United fan said that they Had Ferdinand , Rooney , Ronaldo , Tevez , i would have gladly jumped into that comparison with our world-class players and referred to Cech , Terry , Carvahlo , Makelel , Essien , Lampard , Drogba , Robben as an overall better team and players .

Now i would do anything to hide away from a comparison between us and the best teams around the world , as i know we will always come out as the worse team.

Any great European team that threatens for one of the biggest European league has much better crop of stars than us.

I hope AVB and the board will accept the fact that we need much better players , even better than our current best (Ramires - Sturridge - Mata)

4 years ago , If a Barca fan started showing off saying that they had Ronaldinho , Eto , Deco , Puyol or United fan said that they Had Ferdinand , Rooney , Ronaldo , Tevez , i would have gladly jumped into that comparison with our world-class players and referred to Cech , Terry , Carvahlo , Makelel , Essien , Lampard , Drogba , Robben as an overall better team and players .

Now i would do anything to hide away from a comparison between us and the best teams around the world , as i know we will always come out as the worse team.

Any great European team that threatens for one of the biggest European league has much better crop of stars than us.

I hope AVB and the board will accept the fact that we need much better players , even better than our current best (Ramires - Sturridge - Mata)

This is one of the reasons I'm second guessing whether Willian would be a great signing. We should really try and brin g Di maria in if he's available.

Studge would get the job done IMO when dealing with Domestic competitions, but out in Europe, well I'd hold my breath. Then if he starts disappointing on the "biggest stage" then that clearly affects his confidence, this is all hypothetical but can and has big chance of happening if we declare him our cf to compete with Torres. He's still young however and has lots and I mean lots to learn, like weak foot ability, passing, skill moves and yes tracking back on defense! But it's not neccesailry the players that's the problem, it's the formation being put in them. 42321 would work great with this squad, and offer lamps to play in his fab am role instead of laboring back and firth on those legs. And we have a CATASTROPHIC surplus of dm in the squad, so why nit use them In a system that calls for them?? Pretty smart eh? In our 3 man midfield our only attack minded mid is being told be box to box wich severly hurts us on the counter! At least now, we have a constant 4 attackers taking on their back four plus dm.

So in all it's not completely out players fault it's more or less the formation being used.

Studge would get the job done IMO when dealing with Domestic competitions, but out in Europe, well I'd hold my breath. Then if he starts disappointing on the "biggest stage" then that clearly affects his confidence, this is all hypothetical but can and has big chance of happening if we declare him our cf to compete with Torres. He's still young however and has lots and I mean lots to learn, like weak foot ability, passing, skill moves and yes tracking back on defense! But it's not neccesailry the players that's the problem, it's the formation being put in them. 42321 would work great with this squad, and offer lamps to play in his fab am role instead of laboring back and firth on those legs. And we have a CATASTROPHIC surplus of dm in the squad, so why nit use them In a system that calls for them?? Pretty smart eh? In our 3 man midfield our only attack minded mid is being told be box to box wich severly hurts us on the counter! At least now, we have a constant 4 attackers taking on their back four plus dm.

So in all it's not completely out players fault it's more or less the formation being used.

While I agree with you that a 4-2-3-1 formation is very interesting, there is only one player I want to see in the AMC position, and that's Juan Mata.

The problem with 4-2-3-1 is that doesn't suit Ramires at all. He won't have the same freedom to make those runs he does from midfield, and that is his biggest strength.

Midfielders in the back two has to be tactically disciplined and have good positioning, and Ramires is piss poor at both tbh.

I think our squad is the problem.

When you think about it we have some excellent players when on form - Drogba, Malouda, Sturridge, Mata (even Torres...) are all really good players when they're playing with confidence. We just don't have the personnel to replace them sufficiently enough anymore. There is not enough competition and AVB certainly doesn't have enough options up front.

I think our squad is the problem.

When you think about it we have some excellent players when on form - Drogba, Malouda, Sturridge, Mata (even Torres...) are all really good players when they're playing with confidence. We just don't have the personnel to replace them sufficiently enough anymore. There is not enough competition and AVB certainly doesn't have enough options up front.

Agree with that! Just look how much we struggle for wide players, with Sturridge out we had to resort to Ramires. But i think a bigger issue is the balance of the team. Mata HAS to play the number 10 role in the middle, we have been crying out for it and he is ideal, we would get more out of him. The trouble is we dont have an effective replacement on the left wing and it also pushes Lamps out of the team, for me this is not an issue because the form of the team has to come before any individual player. For me we need a right back, Bosingwa is not up to it and Ivanovic is not a natural there and we need a winger, we would be in a good position then to compete well and build around that starting 11. I believe if we were to see something like this:

............................................Cech..............................................

New player.............Luiz......................Terry.........................Cole

...........................................Romeu............................................

.......................Ramires..............................................................

.......................................................Mata....................................

Sturridge.............................Torres...........................New Player

We would perform so much better purely because of the balance it would bring to the team, everyone carrying out roles they are comfortable with.

Can't believe some of the rubbish that is posted on here lately & just backs my reason to post less or not at all.

Mata & Sturridge not good enough, let's keep Maloulda are just a couple of examples......ffs!

If it weren't for Mata & Sturridge we would be struggling to make mid table this season, you just have to look at their goals & assists to realize that they have been our best players this season, infact I'd build my team around Mata - he is class, has vision, 2 great feet & the one player who is creative, which is so distinctively lacking in our play. This is why we so badly need a winger that has genuine pace that can beat defenders & has a finished product. Sturridge is by no means the finished article but he is not far off, I think he would benefit from playing on his natural side & given a run in the FA cup at centre forward, he has that rare quality to get away from defenders. However he will only be a success there if we give him service & here lies our problem, Anelka, Drogba & now Torres have all suffered because we lack quality in certain positions.

AVB has to share some of the blame because we have become far too negative recently, he has bowed to pressure & instead of playing the high line against inferior sides he has continued playing a deep line formation which is inadequate & has clearly cost us points, but he needs time to build his squad & as we were prepared to shell out 65m last summer (not spent on Modric & Perriera) then we should be looking to invest some of that now on a couple of class players that will integrate in the side now that will have half a season of PL experience behind them & ready for an assault next campaign.

Our problems are a combination of many things from mainly board mistakes to a lack of current quality on the pitch & a failed youth system to date. It will take time to address but I believe we are on that road now, a couple of decent signings now & in the summer will see us challenging again next season.

The table is about right in terms of who are better than us & even then Utd are only there through some fortunate results & a very demanding & highly driven manager, however they seem to grind out results which we have lacked since Jose left. We are not far behind Spurs but a distance behind City & I'm not just talking about the points difference!

We need to be patient let this season ride, maybe win a cup, hopefully finish in top the top 4 & let AVB continue with the rebuilding job that can finally see us progressing.

Bale was overrated but this season he has absolutely proved why he is one of the best wingers in the business , anyway i was just proving that if there is a top 10 forward list then Mata won't belong there.

You know that strikers are forwards , don't you ? My exact words were that Mata shouldn't be the man to lead our front line as he doesn't belong the top 10 forwards in the world , you said name 10 and there you have 15 better forwards than Mata , so even if you managed to claim that Mata is better than 5 players out of those 15 , he will still not make the top 10.

Anyway if you believe Mata is one of the top 10 forwards in the world then good for you , i just don't agree with you .

Dude, shut up. Mata is almost as good as Messi, closest thing I have seen to Zidane in a long long time. You know nothing.

:P(trollface)

I've said this day fuckin one, our main problem, lies in the 4 3 3

-No natural wingers

-No creative mids

-No pace in the CB's for a high line

-No pressure within the midfield and wings

I'm still Baffled were still playing it tbh

I'm baffled AVB is still around...

I've said this day fuckin one, our main problem, lies in the 4 3 3

-No natural wingers

-No creative mids

-No pace in the CB's for a high line

-No pressure within the midfield and wings

I'm still Baffled were still playing it tbh

Well to be fair we did try for 2/3 of those in the Jan window. Cahill as that CB & a whole list of wingers + Lucas.

I'm baffled AVB is still around...

We payed a lot of money to Carlo to sack him. We payed a lot of money to Porto to bring Andre and in order to sack Andre we would have to also pay a big sum of money and the wages we payed to him 'till now would make it around 40m!

Bring a new manager now? What would he do? He would still have the same players as Andre does, we will look like clowns again and he would be under even bigger pressure. Andre's results before January were decent, not as good as some people expected but they were alright and above the minimum the club expects.

You can't either say we didn't try to bring anyone in this January. We brought Cahill - a player who is the 1st choice with Terry in the England national team. We bought De Bruyne for something cheap.

We tried signing Vargas, Lucas, Willian and Hazard all in 1 month - With Neymar and Gotze who are the most wanted players everyone would like to see at their club! The club is right not to let people milk out money from us like they tried for Pereira transfer in the summer and with Willian transfer now.

No, AVB is here to stay. He has faith in his players and no matter how bad they are, it's important that he still has faith in them.