Paul Pogba

Madmax

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, we can't have all the superstars. We have Hazard as our world class talent. I'm still surprised Madrid didn't try to sign him, seemed like a classic Galactico signing. 

Hope he doesn't do too well for utd. The price is crazy though, I know about the inflated fee and all but does he really have that much to his game to justify even a portion of that fee? 

4 hours ago, Blue_Fox_ said:

It could've been us 1 year ago. *sigh*

That's all I've kept thinking to myself the past two days. 

Damn. 

And now Man. United have 2 of the most marketable footballing talents not named Messi and Ronaldo, in Martial and Pogba. Such a great look for their brand. 

This PL season is boutta be lit af. If only we had a serious shout at winning the damn league. 

Edit: #Never Forget 

10 hours ago, zekinjo said:

Just saw some interesting stuff. Did you know that Oscar vs Pogba statistics is almost identical ? 

Oscar: 173 apps, 32 goals, 28 assists, 20 yellow 

Pogba: 179 apps, 33 goals, 29 assists, 26 yellow 

Just don't know how many teams would pay 100m for Oscar?!

Ps: We have a better version of Paul. LoL

Those stats don't say anything because Pogba was playing a different role than Oscar was. Oscar was often a playmaker on the ten or sometimes a winger, and should have a higher goal and assist tally in 173 apps in that position. Although his goal and assist tally actually isn't that bad, I thought it'd be lower. Contributed to 60 goals in 173 games, that's more than 1 in 3.

Pogba plays deeper and more as a CM, and has an equal goal and assist tally. Plus if you'd put in interceptions, successful tackles, aerial duels won and pass percentage I'm afraid Oscar would look far from as good as you try to make him shine out with those stats compared to Pogba (I know you weren't serious).

But, wether you look at the stats or just viewing experience joy/intuition/... I still find Pogba seriously overpriced. But hasn't that already been said a 1000 times?

Saw the deal had happened and watch SKY News instead of SSN. Then my phone vibrated from SSN saying "Good Morning, and it's a good morning for United fans"

The wank fest is real SKY are all over this, the most expensive and over rated footballer in the whole world.

Madness.

One issue with Pogba is he seems to like hanging around with grime rap artists and the like, and he's always pictured with various rappers/hip hop artists and it would make me cautious he isn't concentrating 100% on football. being back england can only make this worse as manchester and london are home to the top grime artists. It makes me wonder whether he just enjoys being in the limelight too much (photos with celebs, wearing expensive clothing, looking flashy in gucci etc), which is not beneficial for his football career. In Italy that's fine because he is away from all the fame/spotlight, but now he's at Utd there's going to be so much pressure on him and if his mind is not fully concentrated on football, things could go downhill fast. 

You just know Real/Perez is going to break the transfer record again. Can't have Utd possessing the most expensive player.

The question is on who? Funny thing is I'd pay more for Verratti (his fitness is a bit of a problem though) than Pogba but he's not spectacular and marketable enough. It would have to an offensive player. As hard as they might try, they won't get Neymar. I doubt it's going to be Hazard, unless he scores 20+ goals in the league and 30+ in all competitions. Maybe trying to force a controversial move for Griezmann?

Anyway, as mad as this deal is, the Higuain transfer is more ridiculous than this one. And I think those transfers will trigger other silly money deals (Stones for example).

39 minutes ago, DYC. said:

I doubt it's going to be Hazard, unless he scores 20+ goals in the league and 30+ in all competitions.

I pray that Real is as silly as that, looking for stat padding instead of actual play.

One issue with Pogba is he seems to like hanging around with grime rap artists and the like, and he's always pictured with various rappers/hip hop artists and it would make me cautious he isn't concentrating 100% on football. being back england can only make this worse as manchester and london are home to the top grime artists. It makes me wonder whether he just enjoys being in the limelight too much (photos with celebs, wearing expensive clothing, looking flashy in gucci etc), which is not beneficial for his football career. In Italy that's fine because he is away from all the fame/spotlight, but now he's at Utd there's going to be so much pressure on him and if his mind is not fully concentrated on football, things could go downhill fast. 

Come on. He's young and rich. He is allowed to have some fun.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, It's too big said:

It's okay, when he's made into a DM he'll have loads of spare time #DareToObi :Goober: 

I don't know why people are still going about his hefty price tag. Football talent is really costly nowadays, you can't get best, tried and tested players for cheap. Mediocre amount of money spending is just part of the game nowadays.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You