Paul Pogba

Madmax

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nobody is worth anything they are paid in football apart from tea ladies..

he is not the consistently great player/robot it seems ours are expected to be with no room for homsickness,fatigue or any other natural human temporary weakness tho.

nobody is worth anything they are paid in football apart from tea ladies..

he is not the consistently great player/robot it seems ours are expected to be with no room for homsickness,fatigue or any other natural human temporary weakness tho.

The problem is that not many are consistently great thats why they get paid the big bucks. And not even the top players that have been with a club 3 years or more. Its all a big gamble. You pays your money and rolls the dice. Do we pay over the top prices for a player that might just win us more games than we would without him? Hard choices.

I do hope that we go into the next 2 open markets with the powers that be having a better communication and a good backup plan in place because we all know we will be buying strong when it comes round.

The blues did this, the blues did that...What the blues actually did is piss around at the last minute, and with a scatter gun approach bid at the last second apparently for anyone that might fit the bill.

Come on mate, I understand the frustration but show some sympathy towards the club.

We tried signing Stones, Varane Abdeneur and Pogba. Not the club's fault we got refused or fucked over by the players or their clubs. We were prepared to pay crazy money for Stones and Pogba, you can't ask more from the club.

It seems to me Mourinho himself didn't want to bring a CM unless he felt he was a complete upgrade over our midfield. And it makes sense considering we've got 3 backup midfielders in Mikel, Rami and Ruben. Yes it's shocking we brought nobody for midfield but nobody expected us to have such a bad start.

Players available in the market haven't been really good for us and I'd expect the club to give us more goodies in the next summer. Especially with Koke.

Come on mate, I understand the frustration but show some sympathy towards the club.

We tried signing Stones, Varane Abdeneur and Pogba. Not the club's fault we got refused or fucked over by the players or their clubs. We were prepared to pay crazy money for Stones and Pogba, you can't ask more from the club.

It seems to me Mourinho himself didn't want to bring a CM unless he felt he was a complete upgrade over our midfield. And it makes sense considering we've got 3 backup midfielders in Mikel, Rami and Ruben. Yes it's shocking we brought nobody for midfield but nobody expected us to have such a bad start.

Players available in the market haven't been really good for us and I'd expect the club to give us more goodies in the next summer. Especially with Koke.

I can't show sympathy to the club for a scatter gun approach in the final hours of the window by bidding supposedly twice for Marquinhos, sounds like we also bid for Luisao on the final day too. This was nothing short of a shocking transfer window, and if this form continues the board and Jose will absolutely vilified more than they are being now. It was and is simple, we need a top quality CB and did before the window, we needed a figure to play next to Matic. To not get any of those barring a guy in Djiliboji who hasn't even been included in the CL squad and a bloke from Reading is a fucking joke, seriously. Pedro was a glimmer in a snow storm.

It seems quite easy for you to swallow all this, for me I think it's been nothing short of a complete disaster. And that's even if we start finding form.

I can't show sympathy to the club for a scatter gun approach in the final hours of the window by bidding supposedly twice for Marquinhos, sounds like we also bid for Luisao on the final day too. This was nothing short of a shocking transfer window, and if this form continues the board and Jose will absolutely vilified more than they are being now. It was and is simple, we need a top quality CB and did before the window, we needed a figure to play next to Matic. To not get any of those barring a guy in Djiliboji who hasn't even been included in the CL squad and a bloke from Reading is a fucking joke, seriously. Pedro was a glimmer in a snow storm.

It seems quite easy for you to swallow all this, for me I think it's been nothing short of a complete disaster. And that's even if we start finding form.

I understand, we didn't have a great transfer window, but some people are acting like the club didn't bid for any quality player or wasn't aware of the things needed to be addressed in our team.

Let's see.

GK backup -> Solved

RW -> Solved

CM -> Tried Pogba

LB -> Solved

CB -> Tried Stones, Varane, Abdennour...brought a player who had 1y on his contract for cheap

Some posts I've read are really really unfair towards the club, like we did an Arsenal and didn't try anyone and didn't bring anyone.

And also, 2 seasons ago we've made a deal with Atletico about Costa that we will come for him next season and pay his buyout clause. Maybe we made a similar deal with Koke or we are waiting out on some other transfer targets who are not yet ready to move?

It is the club's fault though. Or at least, the board's fault.

We failed to establish enough alternatives when bidding for these players. It's not just as simple as finding a plan B, it's about surveying a whole pool of adequate players who would be sufficient to fit into Mourinho's system. A plan C, D, E and all the way up to Z to some extend.

It was fairly clear that Juventus weren't in a hurry to let Pogba go - a crop of their players were transferred, players who weren't expendable, and clearly players that produced such quality that the new signings and rest of the team couldn't immediately replenish (refer to their recent results). One of the members on here quite rightly stated that the Chelsea were putting 'all of their eggs into basket'. That's an understatement of what happened.

There was no dictation that any of these alternatives were realistically obtainable, in regards to time-scaling or having the counter parties agree on a fee. If the dictation was there, why weren't we making the correct inquiries at the right time? How many games do we have to show intolerable performances in for the board to realize our squad is lacking in certain areas? How many signings do Manchester City have to make before they realize our most proficient competitors are creating a vicious gap?

It is seemingly the delusional amount of faith that has proceeded to the underwhelming outcome of this window. You would ascertain from last year's signings and the success of the 14/15 season that the board may have took some comfort and allowed some respite in making many if any strong statements this window. One would question the ins and outs, which players, and what extra progress we made hidden under the blankets of the media. Whatever the case may be however, it clearly wasn't enough to satisfy the distasteful form we are facing at the moment. Distasteful form that hasn't just been from this season, but was leaking through the woodwork of March this year and onward.

Lock the thread, Pogba wants Barcelona plain and simple. I love the Mourinho private call yet all the papers know about it. Go after Koke instead. So over his Pogba masturbation.

Can we lock this thread until the January window - it won't happen then either - but I'm sure it will surface again

Pogba is officially the new Hulk!

Guys, I'd appreciate it if you stopped saying we should lock a thread. If you haven't realised yet, we don't lock threads of players we haven't signed so people can carry on discussing them, or in case future links come up again. Thank you.

Guys, I'd appreciate it if you stopped saying we should lock a thread. If you haven't realised yet, we don't lock threads of players we haven't signed so people can carry on discussing them, or in case future links come up again. Thank you.

Lol OK :)

More likely to win 3 consecutive lotteries :)

Also - it's an expression - lock the thread, shit the bed etc :)

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You