Gary Cahill

LDN Blue

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The amount the club decides to pay players is immaterial to us as fans, its what the club has decided they are willing to pay avbs NUMBER 1 choice. People can complain all they want about the money hes reportedly going to earn but its pointless because very little in the world of football finances makes any sence. People can continue to say its a lot for just a bolton player but he is the first choice for avb ..that's good enough for me ktbffh

Why would you willingly ignore the financial side of football when you realise that economics are the number 1 factor shaping modern football?

ITS DONE GUYS!!

Welcome to Stamford Bridge, Gary Cahill. Just walked past me and the #cfc shop in a smart suit and tie - via @legardj Jonathan Legard

Gary Cahill at Stamford Bridge. Contract signed and medical passed. Will watch his new team in action today. - via @garbosj Ian McGarry

After all, we might as well give to Kalou what he seeks for...

A fair point to make. The difference though, is that you've seen Kalou play in a Chelsea shirt and have come to a fair conclusion. Wait until Cahill has been here for a while, then cast judgement. Maybe as you say, he is average at Bolton. But giving him the benefit of the doubt, and assuming he's better than that, how much of his potential could he really show at an average, or even below average (this season) team?

Why would you willingly ignore the financial side of football when you realise that economics are the number 1 factor shaping modern football?

Because there is nothing we can do about it. It is what it is. Also, it's all relative. 80K a week, if that's how much he is actually on, may seem a lot, but it's not if you can afford it... and we can.

Kostas : Yeah, I know this. That's why he didn't sign a new contract for Bolton. But to my eyes, it shouldn't be a reason to us to pay him over the odds and to accesses to his demand. It's not like he was a superb player. Plus mind you we've already been ripped off by Bolton (for the fee).

Kostas : Yeah, I know this. That's why he didn't sign a new contract for Bolton. But to my eyes, it shouldn't be a reason to us to pay him to overpay him and to accesses to his demand. It's not like he was a superb player. Plus mind you we've already been ripped off by Bolton (for the fee).

For a player who was said to be worth 17 millions just 12 months ago the combined costs of the fee and his wages over 5 years are not as unreasonable as this thread is making them sound.

Crazy to think that we got both Luiz and Cahill :D

We should make a new vote between Hazard, Neymar and Gotze :ph34r:

I think I might just do that. :D It would be interesting to see what everyones preference is. What forum would be most appropriate?