Gary Cahill

LDN Blue

*siiiigh* all this delaying of the transfer just pisses me off, why can't he just accept what's being offered to him, and then sign the deal.. why does there need to be bitching and moaning about wages? Players shouldn't play for the money, they should play for the pride of the club.. to be able to play for a big successful club, and be proud of it.

lol, you're talking about a fairytale "players shouldn't play for money but pride bla bla".. we all know this is not the case, I don't think Cahill is even a fan of us, just a gloryhunter like most of the players that join us. And seeing how our defence play, can you blame him for being a bit ambitious and trying to make the most out of it? Agents and clubs usually feed off the buying club's desperation. I think this is how things work - the club makes an initial offer, which sucks and represents the minimum, hence the player and his agent make a counter-offer, which sucks for the club and represent the maximum... Now they start negotiating for a deal which works in-between those 2 offers.. Now if there is a clause that Cahill is reluctant to back off from, then the club must find a way to make it work OR go for an alternative. With FFP coming the money pissing seems to be over, in the old days we would have happily agreed to the initial maximum offer and be done with. I'm actually glad we're not bowing down this time. Be patient, we're not that desperate yet for him.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we a pay him more than 50k a week i give up.

We pay a squad player 80-100k a week any world class player will want atleast double that. If Cahill is making wage demands tell him where to go and get Samba or Roger Johnson, simple.

I love all the comments in here slating Cahill over his greed and disrespect for Chelsea. I've said it before and I'll say it again. 1) We don't know what is being said between his agent and the club. So keep believing all the the papers (which have a different tale to tell every day) you're only giving them more excuses to write largely embellished stories by contributing toward clicks on their websites. And at the end of the day, you're only annoying yourself, by getting angry over spurious news. 2) We came looking for Gary Cahill. So even if he is asking for more money he's well within his rights to do so. Stop talking like it should be his dream to play here just because it is yours.

Co-fucking-sign. Jesus it's like some of us have not witnessed dozens of negotiations throughout the years.

Co-fucking-sign. Jesus it's like some of us have not witnessed dozens of negotiations thoughout the years.

yes ...but it has always been getting agreement between the clubs ,..This was probably done at the BEGINNING of Decemeber.

I cant recall us having as much difficulty getting the player to agree. certainly not in recent years.

Am I the only person thats a bit worried about what kind of commitment hes going to have playing for the club? Especially if he doesn't get his £100,000 a week wages (which he seriously doesn't deserve) this is being dragged out alot longer than expected, i thought a day or two into Jan we'd have him kitted up and on the pitch since we need cover in that area pretty desperately.

That goes to show me the Chelsea board must be making alot of effort to sign him and hes trying to drip us dry for every penny he can, which as a football (they all seem) entitled to do, because they know they can, but do we want a man whos more interested in the money than playing in the champions league and joining a club of our stature? I was well on for this deal at first as he'd be a great long term replacement for JT, but this money grabbing attitude has made me think twice personally.

Am I the only person thats a bit worried about what kind of commitment hes going to have playing for the club? Especially if he doesn't get his £100,000 a week wages (which he seriously doesn't deserve) this is being dragged out alot longer than expected, i thought a day or two into Jan we'd have him kitted up and on the pitch since we need cover in that area pretty desperately.

That goes to show me the Chelsea board must be making alot of effort to sign him and hes trying to drip us dry for every penny he can, which as a football (they all seem) entitled to do, because they know they can, but do we want a man whos more interested in the money than playing in the champions league and joining a club of our stature? I was well on for this deal at first as he'd be a great long term replacement for JT, but this money grabbing attitude has made me think twice personally.

He was never going to replace JT, he will be nothing more than a squad player, we need to sign a geniune world class player like Hummels to slowly replace JT.

I only think Roger Johnson will be a better option than Cahill, less wages, similar transfer fee, actually loves Chelsea and IMHO is a better player anyway.

I haven't seen such a greedy player for a while.

yes ...but it has always been getting agreement between the clubs ,..This was probably done at the BEGINNING of Decemeber.

I cant recall us having as much difficulty getting the player to agree. certainly not in recent years.

Could you both please point me in the direction of the concrete evidence that says Gary Cahill is A) Greedy, and B )Dragging this out?

All this speculation, and it is nothing more on your part, comes from Newspaper articles. Articles that are inconsistent in individual papers from day to day, never mind inconsistent as a whole. We nor they know how much discussion has went on between the two parties.

One day we see an article saying Gary wants 90K plus, the next we see an article saying he's happy to settle on 50K. Now if the papers want to make up uncorroborated guff in order to win clicks and sell sheets then that's up to them. But how about people on here reserve their judgement until he's either signed, and we know the details of the contract or he doesn't and we see what he's turned down.

People can post about how much of a mug Cahill is to turn down this contract and that opportunity. But really, the only mugs here are the ones calling him greedy based on unfounded claims.

*shakes head* Transfer madness.

Bloody hell. English medias are often telling bollocks, but not always. And in this case, it is André himself that told that the club and the player were miles apart about the terms of the contract. Which most likely refers to the wage. Or maybe Cahill wants to play as a striker and André wants to play him as a Goalkeeper, which would explain the "miles apart", huh ?

Bloody hell. English medias are often telling bollocks, but not always. And in this case, it is André himself that told that the club and the player were miles apart about the terms of the contract. Which most likely refers to the wage. Or maybe Cahill wants to play as a striker and André wants to play him as a Goalkeeper, which would explain the "miles apart", huh ?

he might want us to move the club up to Yorkshire ...thats about 200 miles.

remember the saying ,, "You can tell a Yorkshire (Cahill is) but you can't tell them much

"Miles apart" is a quote out of context, Andre said this at the very beginning. Who knows how far along things have come?

keep shaking your head till it falls off Kyle ...who else but Cahill is delaying this signing...

There's a myriad of reasons why this could be delayed. It's the presumption that Cahill's greed is the issue that gets on my wick. For all we know he could be happy with the money and he just wants to make sure he's going to be a regular.

Also, we know what this club are like for transfers, why does everybody presume we're busting a gut to get this done and it's Cahill holding it up? There's two sides to this story. One, a football club who drags out nearly every transfer it's involved in. Two, a player who has not been proven to be greedy, egotistical etc.

If I had to decide on who I think is holding this up (and I don't nor does anybody else so I don't know why they do) I'd be inclined to think it was us since we have a history of doing so. However, I just think this is taking as long as it has to.

AVB sounds very business-like with this transfer. Basically saying to Cahill; "sign by the end of the week or we'll look elsewhere".

Did he say this in the press conference today? I missed it.

Edit: I did see a clip where he said he didn't feel like the negotiations were taking any longer than usual.

Did he say this in the press conference today? I missed it.

He said the deal should be concluded soon, and he's confident it will happen.

Denied the reports about a dead-line set for the move, and said he is in no way frustrated by the delay - "this things happen in negotiations"

He also said if for some reason it didn't happen, there's another target.