Götze, Hazard or Neymar ?

Spike

Who is the one?  

138 members have voted

1. 1. Well who is it?

• Mario Götze
    • Eden Hazard
    • Neymar

And I repeat some players like Lando Donovan choose to stay stateside.

So just because he does not play in europe does not means he is shit!

No one is saying that. I just stated that the quality in Europe is far superior. That is not an inult to the MLS, just a compliment to the supreme football played in Europe.

I believe Pélé would be a great Foward today but would pale in comparison to Baggio, Batistuta, Ronaldo, Drogba, Eto'o etc.

It's sort of unfair to compare a legend from 50 years ago to the great players of Today. A player should be judged in 'His' era, not future ones. 50 years from now Messi and CR7 may be categorised as 'Average' players.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He only returned to the USA because he struggled in Deutschland. He did well on his two spells at Everton but that was almost a decade after his failures in Germany. Donovan should just stay at Everton.

Besides, Pélé played in Brazil a full 50 years ago, it is impossible to compare Europe now to Brazil then. Changes to rules, equipment, football philosophy, physiotherapy and tempo have Football a different sport to what it was 50 years ago. I believe Pélé would be a great Foward today but would pale in comparison to Baggio, Batistuta, Ronaldo, Drogba, Eto'o etc.

No point in talking any more if your reasoning is like that.

Plus like I said, Pele was one of the many players that did not played or hardly played in europe but where great.

No one is saying that. I just stated that the quality in Europe is far superior. That is not an inult to the MLS, just a compliment to the supreme football played in Europe.

It's sort of unfair to compare a legend from 50 years ago to the great players of Today. A player should be judged in 'His' era, not future ones. 50 years from now Messi and CR7 may be categorised as 'Average' players.

Yeah, but my whole argument was because this guy said he played in Brazil he is shit, cause it's a shit league!

And that is just such a European superiority complex!

He does not has to play in Europe to be good.

It's like in USA we got the best baseball league, hockey, football and basketball.

But if some player don't play in US, so what?

He might want to play for his home country league and still be great.

Yeah, but my whole argument was because this guy said he played in Brazil he is shit, cause it's a shit league!

And that is just such a European superiority complex!

He does not has to play in Europe to be good.

It's like in USA we got the best baseball league, hockey, football and basketball.

But if some player don't play in US, so what?

He might want to play for his home country league and still be great.

OK This has nothing to do with Football, but the Difference is Baseball, Hockey and American Football are barely world sports. You say Europeans have a superior complex, but in general Americans have the Superior complex. Like why on earth do you guys call the winner of the Superbowl WORLD Champions. No offence but no one even plays American Football outside of USA. Not many, if anyone in Australia could name a NFL team without the help of Google. Same with Baseball, USA And Japan are the only real countires who play that. Hockey is not as popular as Americans and Canadians make it out to be. Basketball is the only one there that is pretty popular. Alot of American's (not nessecarily you) think American sports are the greatest, but look at the top 3 sports in the world. Football (Soccer), Cricket and Rugby. All 3 sports in which America, for some reason, trys to avoid...Americans like to think the entire world watches the Superbowl, thinking we must all watch the NFL and love Americans Sports (Arrogant and Ignorant thinking) when in fact a Champions league SEMI Final game gets more ratings than the Superbowl. Not even taking into account the World Cup Final, El Classico, UCl Final. Comes across as a Superior Complex to me...

Anyway Sorry to go WAY off Topic.

OK This has nothing to do with Football, but the Difference is Baseball, Hockey and American Football are barely world sports. You say Europeans have a superior complex, but in general Americans have the Superior complex. Like why on earth do you guys call the winner of the Superbowl WORLD Champions. No offence but no one even plays American Football outside of USA. Not many, if anyone in Australia could name a NFL team without the help of Google. Same with Baseball, USA And Japan are the only real countires who play that. Hockey is not as popular as Americans and Canadians make it out to be. Basketball is the only one there that is pretty popular. Alot of American's (not nessecarily you) think American sports are the greatest, but look at the top 3 sports in the world. Football (Soccer), Cricket and Rugby. All 3 sports in which America, for some reason, trys to avoid...Americans like to think the entire world watches the Superbowl, thinking we must all watch the NFL and love Americans Sports (Arrogant and Ignorant thinking) when in fact a Champions league SEMI Final game gets more ratings than the Superbowl. Not even taking into account the World Cup Final, El Classico, UCl Final. Comes across as a Superior Complex to me...

Anyway Sorry to go WAY off Topic.

Yeah way of topic, does not help your notion that because some player does not play in the best league he must be shit.....,.

No point in talking any more if your reasoning is like that.

Plus like I said, Pele was one of the many players that did not played or hardly played in europe but where great.

Pele was not allowed to leave Brazil by the military junta. They declared him a national treasure and ruled that he must play for a Brazilian club.

Besides, back then, Brazilian league football was light years ahead of UEFA football, which basically at the time had Real Madrid, Benfica and then bugger all.

• 3 weeks later...

#HulkCopter! We are definitely in talks with Porto, I've had confirmed. Negotiations are going well, deal expected to go through. #CFC -- Chelsea Rumours (@ChelseaRumours)

Emanalo is a boss.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You