The FM Thread

.Cee

Thank you so much for the reply, really appreicaite it. And i've changed the tactics around my team has been playing better, got a 4-0 win against Stoke at the Britannia, 5-1 against Aston Villa. But still Torres no goals, and i was lazy and didn't check anything, now you mention it that is terrible, i remember how good fernando was in the last game, and just went by it on that. I'll do what you said, thank you, Drogba seems to be scoring a lot of goals however, 4 goals in 6 matches, not too bad. Lukaku 2 goals in 5 matches, Torres 1 goal 5 matches, and that goal was when he dribbled through all the players and scored. Yes i play Key a lot, i get bored of full game, what annoys me is, how long it takes for when a ball is out for a throwing, you have to actually watch the player take about 10 minutes to get the ball, it's so slow... but thank you very much for the reply, i'll also send screen shots next time if things are going wrong.

Glad it helped. About Torres, though, it looks as though he tries to dribble his way to the goal instead of making off-the-ball runs, which is exactly what Torres on my other save is doing. I think this may have to do with that he is relatively uncomfortable with making runs, or it could be just that his 'Run with Ball' is set to the max when his 'Run from Deep' is set to normal. But, (assuming you play Drogba as a complete forward as well) the fact that Drogba's scoring a lot suggests that it's the former.

So, what you can do to help him score more is to give him individual focus on movement and teach him to break the trap. Be careful when you teach him how to break the trap, though, because I think if a player doesn't have the right attributes (off-the-ball mainly and anticipation, creativity and decisions I also hear have impact) he'll get caught offside way too often.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^

Yeah, around 18m, but when you push slider to the max around 30m if I remember correctly. I still haven't finished a pre-season so I'm far away from starting the new one and seeing how big is our budget then. If anyone has already finished 1 season with Chelsea tell us.

Anyone know a decent poacher?, with poaching abillities?, Javier Hernandez for Man United is brilliant for it, but Man U wont sell him, not even for 30m. And that's all i have left, and thats with persuading the board. Because i'm selling Drogba, and getting rid of Torres, he's annoying and can't score for shit, and just under performs to much.

I need a right winger, sold Anelka by thinking he was shite and i would have more money, etc.

I only have like 21 million to spend though :(

Use monthly installments for your money problem and put it on 48 months.

As for wingers...try Lavezzi, Jesus Navas and Hulk. Adam Johnson perhaps also.

I'm also planning to do the bring a right winger, and so far I'm thinking between Hulk and Lavezzi. I think Hulk is expensive like hell though.

Oh, and start training Sturridge to play as a right winger, he has nice potential there. Train his finishing also.

I need a right winger, sold Anelka by thinking he was shite and i would have more money, etc.

I only have like 21 million to spend though :(

I bought Mark Albrighton, for 7 million, good talent, very good crosser, so he's a good winger, he's just not the most consistent, but Kevin De Bruyne is very good there believe it or not.

Tell me how it went, I am about to do the same on my save. Torres is too fragile and inconsistent while I'd rather cash in on Drogba and keep Lukaku as a backup.

Same, Torres is very annoying, even when i play him as a CF he's just playing crap and i have to sub him off. Last football manager he was the best striker on it, i'm still trying to get Javier Hernandez he would be the dream poacher, his attributes are brilliant for it. I can get Cavani for 31 million, but his stats don't look that impressive, i don't know if i should. And fuck Tevez, Man City will only sell him for 49 million...

Use monthly installments for your money problem and put it on 48 months.

As for wingers...try Lavezzi, Jesus Navas and Hulk. Adam Johnson perhaps also.

I'm also planning to do the bring a right winger, and so far I'm thinking between Hulk and Lavezzi. I think Hulk is expensive like hell though.

Oh, and start training Sturridge to play as a right winger, he has nice potential there. Train his finishing also.

Is monthly installments, paying the fullprice later?, or is it paying it monthly?.

Is monthly installments, paying the fullprice later?, or is it paying it monthly?.

I think the name is pretty clear on that :D

If you say 48months, the sum you offered through MI will be divided with 48 and payed every month. The trick is that you get a new transfer budget every season so you really don't feel it that much :D Just don't overuse it and get in debts.

You should try Neymar as a striker though. He won't be good at the beginning, but train his strength and finishing, play the ball to his feet and enjoy the show :)

I think Balotelli also becomes available later in the game being unhappy.

Oh, and give this list a look ;)

http://www.fmscout.com/a-football-manager-2012-wonderkids.html

I think the name is pretty clear on that :D

If you say 48months, the sum you offered through MI will be divided with 48 and payed every month. The trick is that you get a new transfer budget every season so you really don't feel it that much :D Just don't overuse it and get in debts.

You should try Neymar as a striker though. He won't be good at the beginning, but train his strength and finishing, play the ball to his feet and enjoy the show :)

I think Balotelli also becomes available later in the game being unhappy.

Oh, and give this list a look ;)

http://www.fmscout.c...wonderkids.html

I got it, i just wanted to double check before i got myself into shit, for example paying 20 million a month!.