The FM Thread

.Cee

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Haha!! i beat them on matchday 37. I won 7-0, they got sent down to 9-men.. how ironic!!

What formation do you play?

i'm playing 4-5-1, well its kinda 4-3-3, but it's not working at all, i keep winning 1-0, i hate having low scoring games.

What formation do you play?

i'm playing 4-5-1, well its kinda 4-3-3, but it's not working at all, i keep winning 1-0, i hate having low scoring games.

Played 4-5-1 throughout that season, but played 4-2-3-1 against QPR.

But, saying that, my save fucked up so im gonna have to start a new one.

Played 4-5-1 throughout that season, but played 4-2-3-1 against QPR.

But, saying that, my save fucked up so im gonna have to start a new one.

I didn't get much of a transfer budget, i got about 20 million or something. I bought Mark Albrighton, Kevin De Bruyne and Markus Hernrikson, two wingers and a midfielder. I'm playing

Cech

Bosingwa-Luiz-Terry-Bertrand

-------------Mikel---------------

Ramires-------------Lampard

Anelka------------------Mata

-----------Torres---------------

I have the two full backs as wing backs, to put crosses in, Ramires box to box, Mikel deep lying playmaker on defend (because believe it or not his stats for playmaker are brilliant on this game), Lampard as central midfielder on attack, Anelka as winger, Mata as advanced playmaker, and Torres as poacher. But i'm getting no where with it...

I have Mata as the true playmaker on the team settings, and torres as the target man, and where it says ball to feet n such, i just put balanced. I played 4-3-3 on FM 11 and it worked very well to be honest, but nothings clicking on here, when you just scrape a 1-0 win against Wolves at home, with Wolves having many chances and a goal what was offside when it was actually onside you know it's bad...

Just hope someone can tell me what i'm doing wrong, i would like to know a winning formation.

Am I the only one who's not playing with Chelsea at the moment? I didn't want to take Andre's seat so I took charge of Plymouth Argyle and am working my way up. I wish there was an option of being an existing manager. Anyway, the team has no fucking striker (and no right back), though, so I loaned Mitrovic (and Taylor) from Chelsea, but things aren't looking good. We're playing well, but we drop points at the last minute, just like Arsenal. Also, 4 red cards in 8 games.

I didn't get much of a transfer budget, i got about 20 million or something. I bought Mark Albrighton, Kevin De Bruyne and Markus Hernrikson, two wingers and a midfielder. I'm playing

Cech

Bosingwa-Luiz-Terry-Bertrand

-------------Mikel---------------

Ramires-------------Lampard

Anelka------------------Mata

-----------Torres---------------

I have the two full backs as wing backs, to put crosses in, Ramires box to box, Mikel deep lying playmaker on defend (because believe it or not his stats for playmaker are brilliant on this game), Lampard as central midfielder on attack, Anelka as winger, Mata as advanced playmaker, and Torres as poacher. But i'm getting no where with it...

I have Mata as the true playmaker on the team settings, and torres as the target man, and where it says ball to feet n such, i just put balanced. I played 4-3-3 on FM 11 and it worked very well to be honest, but nothings clicking on here, when you just scrape a 1-0 win against Wolves at home, with Wolves having many chances and a goal what was offside when it was actually onside you know it's bad...

Just hope someone can tell me what i'm doing wrong, i would like to know a winning formation.

You may be limiting Torres' ability by playing him as a poacher. I see him more as a complete forward and recommend that you play your lone forward as a CF if you can afford to. Besides, Torres' Off-the-Ball attribute dropped to 12, which simply isn't good enough for a poacher.

Also, I think you should play Anelka as an inside forward rather than a winger.

Lampard and Ramires, I find, are very tricky. I've experimented a lot with Lampard, and I don't think I ever came to a satisfying conclusion, but I think CMa, which is what you're playing him as, is the best default setting, but still not quite. You should play around with his player instructions and see what works.

There are a couple things you can do with Ramires. You can either play him as a ball winner or a box-to-box midfielder. In either case, I usually put his dribbling and forward runs to max to sort of recreate him in real life. It worked for me very well in the past, too.

Lastly, make sure your centre-backs are set to ball playing defenders, and if you're really attack-minded and like to push up, playing a cover defender and a sweeper keeper may be a good idea as well.

These are some advices I can give you based on what you've said, but I think I can give you some more help if you can show me more details like team instructions and match statistics. Also, I strongly encourage you to play your matches in full. I apologize if you already do this, but with key or even with extended highlights, it's very difficult to see what your team is doing wrong.

You may be limiting Torres' ability by playing him as a poacher. I see him more as a complete forward and recommend that you play your lone forward as a CF if you can afford to. Besides, Torres' Off-the-Ball attribute dropped to 12, which simply isn't good enough for a poacher.

Also, I think you should play Anelka as an inside forward rather than a winger.

Lampard and Ramires, I find, are very tricky. I've experimented a lot with Lampard, and I don't think I ever came to a satisfying conclusion, but I think CMa, which is what you're playing him as, is the best default setting, but still not quite. You should play around with his player instructions and see what works.

There are a couple things you can do with Ramires. You can either play him as a ball winner or a box-to-box midfielder. In either case, I usually put his dribbling and forward runs to max to sort of recreate him in real life. It worked for me very well in the past, too.

Lastly, make sure your centre-backs are set to ball playing defenders, and if you're really attack-minded and like to push up, playing a cover defender and a sweeper keeper may be a good idea as well.

These are some advices I can give you based on what you've said, but I think I can give you some more help if you can show me more details like team instructions and match statistics. Also, I strongly encourage you to play your matches in full. I apologize if you already do this, but with key or even with extended highlights, it's very difficult to see what your team is doing wrong.

Thank you so much for the reply, really appreicaite it. And i've changed the tactics around my team has been playing better, got a 4-0 win against Stoke at the Britannia, 5-1 against Aston Villa. But still Torres no goals, and i was lazy and didn't check anything, now you mention it that is terrible, i remember how good fernando was in the last game, and just went by it on that. I'll do what you said, thank you, Drogba seems to be scoring a lot of goals however, 4 goals in 6 matches, not too bad. Lukaku 2 goals in 5 matches, Torres 1 goal 5 matches, and that goal was when he dribbled through all the players and scored. Yes i play Key a lot, i get bored of full game, what annoys me is, how long it takes for when a ball is out for a throwing, you have to actually watch the player take about 10 minutes to get the ball, it's so slow... but thank you very much for the reply, i'll also send screen shots next time if things are going wrong.

Yes i play Key a lot, i get bored of full game, what annoys me is, how long it takes for when a ball is out for a throwing, you have to actually watch the player take about 10 minutes to get the ball, it's so slow... but thank you very much for the reply, i'll also send screen shots next time if things are going wrong.

Try to fast forward the game a little bit more.