The FM Thread

.Cee

Just achieved promotion to the premvwith Middlesbrough, having taken over from league 1.

Anyways. We planned a youth facilities upgrades which was roughly 2m. The tit owner cancelled it because we "didn't have enough funds"

In 4 days we receive a 40m payment from the premier league

I hope he is infected with aids

:doh:

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Rooney consistency rating is 15

Nice to see that SI have a sense of humour :P

Totteringham buying Cavani, Mascherano and co for 35m each all under Levy.

Giving them 160k p/w contracts.

Is this what SI actually believes :S

Rooney consistency rating is 15 Nice to see that SI have a sense of humour :P Totteringham buying Cavani, Mascherano and co for 35m each all under Levy. Giving them 160k p/w contracts. Is this what SI actually believes :S

Yeh they're huge spenders in my game as well. Each season I go to check their transfer history and the difference between their "ins" and "outs" is 30m at least lol

Yeh they're huge spenders in my game as well. Each season I go to check their transfer history and the difference between their "ins" and "outs" is 30m at least lol

In the last transfer window they have bought

Mascherano 28m

Baines 20m

Cavani 36m

Shawcross 18m

Perreira 18m

Here's the current table top four in my game (2013-2014) season just finished:

1. Utd - 93 pts

2. Middlesborough - 68 pts (parity lol)

3. Tottenham - 64 pts

4. Chelsea - 64 pts

Bottom three:

18. Villa

19. Fulham

20. Reading

Already signed Burdisso, will join June. Hoping to get Ezequiel Munoz either on loan or permanent. Will likely get Ruiz and Bent for pocket change once they go down. Got Christian Benitez up top with McDonald as backup currently. Will likely go for Ba (he's beast on the edited database) but not sure if I can afford 50k pw wages. If I do, I'll retrain Benitez as an inside forward on the left.

All in all great season, Bindippers in 9th, Arsenal in 10th, City 5th. Arsene at Barca, Guardiola managing spain. AVB currently managing City, he got sacked from Chelsea who are currently managed by van Gaal. I signed Kalou on a free and managed to sell him for 15m +3.5m addons half a season later to city (thanks AVB!) cos he had 10 goals in 12 apps. City going overboard with CAMs: Aguero, Ganso, Nasri, Silva, Modric, Tevez, Balotelli, etc We got a CL spot. Got an poor mans Alexis Sanchez regen joining soon for 2m. Will likely loan Josh.

Hoping for a first 11 like this=

-------------------steele------------------------

Bosingwa---Burdisso---Munoz/Bochetti---Youth Regen

----------------tiote/thomson-------------------------

------------josh/badjeli----------------faurlin------

Schelotto/regen---------------------ruiz/Benitez

----------------------Ba/Bent-----------------------

Ffs, I've got Bayern, Madrid and CSKA Moscow in the group stages.

Tied with Madrid away, Lost to CSKA at home, did the double over Bayern. If I can beat CSKA away, I think I'll get to knockout stages.

Edit: Lol! Cska have a player named Kalouda. :P

Currently leading poor old little Barnet's rise through the leagues. Much more of a challenge (and much more enjoyable) than Chelsea, tbh.

Yup. I've never really enjoyed managing top clubs.

I'm currently into my 3rd season with Newcastle. Qualified for the CL last time around and have made it through the group stages. Had Barcelona, Dortmund and Dinamo in my group but managed to finish 2nd and have gotten Leverkusen for the round of 16!

Struggling a bit in the league though, particularly against the top sides. The top 7 (Utd, Chels, Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs, City and myself) are all separated by only about 5-7 points so one loss sets you back in the table. It's extremely competitive and I can't seem to get a formation right against the top few to win those matches.

My team atm:

Goalkeepers: Krul, Forster

Defenders: Andreas Beck, Simpson, Steven Taylor, Collocini, Jonas Ollson, Danny Wilson, Wayne Bridge, Martin Ollson,

Midfielders: Cabaye, Conor Clifford, Dan Gosling, Christian Erikson, Hatem Ben Arfa, Dusan Tadic, Marveux, John Fleck, Abdallah Yaisien

Strikers: Scott Sinclair, Adebayor, Ishmael Bangoura

Mike Ashley is a twat and only gives me about 8million to spend each season. Plus the wage budget is extremely low so I've found it hard to attract better players.

I just tonked Chelsea 7-2 :P

And from two goals down too!

Torres and Ramires score within the first ten minutes.

Also, just beat Ajax away in the CL first leg. 1-2, last minute goal for us. I'm in a search for a treble atm, though I have very little chance in the CL. I'm 4 points ahead of City in the league, and the only good teams in the FA cup left are Tottenham and Chelsea.

ManU just lost the league cup final to Liverpool as well. 86' minute Saurez goal.

Bloody unbelievable!

Facing Liverpool at home

Two defensive mistakes lead to goals from Leandro Damiao

King Kenny decides to time waste and goes defensive

I switch to overload

In the 70th minute we finally pierce them on the counter

At this point I'm hoping for a tie, but it's unlikely

Then, 88th minute, we score the most brilliant free kick (this is why flair+determination is so good in this game)

Two mins of stoppage time left. They kick off, suddenly my striker robs Milan Badelj, beats two defenders and slots it past Reina.

Determination > anything else.

How do you counter against a team that plays 4-2-3-1? Liverpool always play this and I can't seem to find a way to get control of the midfield.

Press continuously. Use instructions like 'Hassle opponents' or 'Get stuck in', enable counter attacks. You'll win the ball in midfield and with no barriers between their CMs and CDs, your forwards can find themselves 1v1.

Having a great save with Barnet.

2011-12 - League 2 - Media prediction : 24th, actual finish : 15th

2012-13 - League 2 - Media prediction : 20th, actual finish : 3rd, promoted to League 1

2013-14 - League 1 - Media prediction : 24th, actual finish : 2nd, promoted to Championship

I'm into my 4th season with Newcastle. Finished 4th against last year but I won the League Cup again and got to the QF of the Champions League where I lost to Barca. Towards the end of last season Mike Ashley finally left and I've got a great new owner now. He gave me 40m to spend in the summer (!!! a big deal considering that twat Ashley has only been giving me about 5-7 million each season) so I went a little crazy for midfielders

Spent:

15m on Fabian Delph from Villa - he was the young player of the year last season

14m on Rasmus Elm from Stoke

7.5m on Gylfi Sigurðsson from Inter who has amazing stats and has been superb so far

3.5m on Muhammed Demirci - had him on loan last season from Besiktas and was very good for the reserves and his potential is excellent

My defence is kinda shaky though but I have no money left to sign anyone new :lol:

Sacked by Chelsea despite being top of the league due to 'poor team harmony'. Pep Guardiola takes the job so I am now manager at Barcelona

How did you get "poor team harmony"? Were there a lot of players hating each other?