The FM Thread

.Cee

25 million bid rejected for Eriksen, you must be joking me, i put in a lot of bonus's in too, and a 50 percent cut for next sale. Have i got a bug on my game or something?.

Best try and unsettle him then. Also, check out Zenit's financial position. If it's "okay" or below, try offering a major part of the bid in monthly installments.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Try talking to Josh and trying different options.

Hamsik, Jovetic, Thiago and Sneijder?

I was going to get Hamsik, Man City beat me to him and wont sell him now, Jovetic is like winger/second striker type, not what i'm looking for, Sneijder is a quality player but i'm looking for deep lying playmaker, he will be playing out of position because he's a CAM and his tackling and technique isn't that good unfortuantely, and yeah i'll try talking to josh thanks!, didn't think about it, i'll tell him to step up his game if he wants first team football.

Best try and unsettle him then. Also, check out Zenit's financial position. If it's "okay" or below, try offering a major part of the bid in monthly installments.

there financial is rich lol, i'm trying to unsettle him now, if that doesn't work, then i'll try my best to get a good price in for him, i'm not going to 40 million or over though.

EDIT: Lmao, Zenit has made a negotion over Eriksen and it's 76 million... jesus christ what's a matter with my game?.

Here's a great tip for all of you.

Load the Brazilian league as playable and search for staff. They have some crazy guys there. The best assistant manager in the game is in Palmeiras. Once you're done remove the Brazilian league e as playable to it doesn't slow down your game down too much ;)

Here's a great tip for all of you.

Load the Brazilian league as playable and search for staff. They have some crazy guys there. The best assistant manager in the game is in Palmeiras. Once you're done remove the Brazilian league e as playable to it doesn't slow down your game down too much ;)

FM12 - I'm in my 3rd season with Blackpool, won the Championship 1st season, finished 9th in the Premiership in my 2nd, and at the end of the 2nd, my assistant manager Steve Thompson left me and joined Manchester United.

So i did what i used to do on on FM10 and FM11, and signed up Sidnei Lobo as my assistant manager, hes one of my favourite assistants on the game since FM10.

He's also assistant manager to the Brazil national team.

Really good assistant manager.

It's so hard to get rid of Drogba, Kalou and Ferreira. I would love to have Drogba for another season since he's still got beast skills, but his contract is about to end and I need the money... or do you suggest selling him in January? Unsurprisingly, clubs don't want Kalou because of his salary. It's a shame there are very little transfer funds in the first season... so far I've only managed to sign Willian and Eriksen and sell Anelka, Hilario and Malouda, but now I want Cavani or Doumbia as suggested in this thread. I've also sent McEachran out on loan, his skills are so underrated.. as are Cech's.

Anyway, what is the lowest price I can get Cavani or Doumbia for? Or do you have any other suggestions? I preferrably want a striker who can play on wing(s) also, to save money because I can't afford a winger and a striker.. Cavani fits the criteria.

It's so hard to get rid of Drogba, Kalou and Ferreira. I would love to have Drogba for another season since he's still got beast skills, but his contract is about to end and I need the money... or do you suggest selling him in January? Unsurprisingly, clubs don't want Kalou because of his salary. It's a shame there are very little transfer funds in the first season... so far I've only managed to sign Willian and Eriksen and sell Anelka, Hilario and Malouda, but now I want Cavani or Doumbia as suggested in this thread. I've also sent McEachran out on loan, his skills are so underrated.. as are Cech's.

Anyway, what is the lowest price I can get Cavani or Doumbia for? Or do you have any other suggestions? I preferrably want a striker who can play on wing(s) also, to save money because I can't afford a winger and a striker.. Cavani fits the criteria.

Freaky lol Eriksen and Willian were my only two signings in the first season, won the league. Maybe you will too :P

Drogba is a bitch to get rid of. He poisons the other players on the team and the little turd Lukaku keeps saying he's concerned about Drogba being asked to leave haha. I eventually let him and Kalou leave on a free at the end of the season. Ferreira was sold to Newcastle for 500k, the trick is to offer to clubs at a low asking price, since the wages are high. I'd say keep Malouda for the season, he does well invariably. Sell him after that.

Does Cavani play as a winger? Not sure about that. His agent offers him to me at around 27 to 30 million, but Napoli won't settle for less than 40. Doumbia you'll get easily for 8 to 10 million, especially if you still have Drogba on your team, he's a favoured personnnel.

Ask your board to increase spending on junior coaching, expand local area scouting etc. You'll start getting awesome regens in your youth team from the 3rd year on.

Freaky lol Eriksen and Willian were my only two signings in the first season, won the league. Maybe you will too :P

Drogba is a bitch to get rid of. He poisons the other players on the team and the little turd Lukaku keeps saying he's concerned about Drogba being asked to leave haha. I eventually let him and Kalou leave on a free at the end of the season. Ferreira was sold to Newcastle for 500k, the trick is to offer to clubs at a low asking price, since the wages are high. I'd say keep Malouda for the season, he does well invariably. Sell him after that.

Does Cavani play as a winger? Not sure about that. His agent offers him to me at around 27 to 30 million, but Napoli won't settle for less than 40. Doumbia you'll get easily for 8 to 10 million, especially if you still have Drogba on your team, he's a favoured personnnel.

Ask your board to increase spending on junior coaching, expand local area scouting etc. You'll start getting awesome regens in your youth team from the 3rd year on.

I signed Eriksen and Willian as per suggestions here.. it might have been your suggestions. I read this thread before diving into the market ;) I think I will keep Drogba until January and then see how he's doing... if he's raping everybody from east to west, then I will keep him till he leaves for free.. Same for Kalou. Ferreira i'll probably keep for minor games to rest Jose and Ivan, it's no need to hassle for measly 500K and avoiding injuries for 2 main RBs can be more worthy than earning sandwich money. I already sold Malouda.. I know he would have been good, he always has been in the first season, but I like to replicate my real life wishes as much as I can :D It's the only chance to see my beloved club without the sloths that don't need to be named.

So at least till January my wings will be Mata and Willian with Kalou and Sturridge offering backup, and central strikers will be Drogba and Torres mainly, with Lukaku and Sturridge being backups. Doesn't sound too bad... especially since in FM2011 Torres was unreal.. 60+ goals in one season, averaging ~1,5 goals per game. Maybe he starts ejaculating goals here as well.. How is Torres playing for you guys?

I will play mostly 4-1-2-2-1 (standard JM/AVB 4-3-3) if I need to be more cautious.. and 4-2-3-1 (like 2nd half vs Liverpool) when I want to attack more. How about you? Which formation brings you the most success?

So at least till January my wings will be Mata and Willian with Kalou and Sturridge offering backup, and central strikers will be Drogba and Torres mainly, with Lukaku and Sturridge being backups. Doesn't sound too bad... especially since in FM2011 Torres was unreal.. 60+ goals in one season, averaging ~1,5 goals per game. Maybe he starts ejaculating goals here as well.. How is Torres playing for you guys?

I will play mostly 4-1-2-2-1 (standard JM/AVB 4-3-3) if I need to be more cautious.. and 4-2-3-1 (like 2nd half vs Liverpool) when I want to attack more. How about you? Which formation brings you the most success?

4-2-3-1, beats everybody. PL in my first season; League cup, FA Cup, Champions League in my second.

Torres

Mata/Pedro Mata/Eriksen di Maria

Meireles Lampard/Fleck

Cole Terry Luiz Bosingwa/Ivan

Cech

Torres scored 34 for me in the first, 28 in the second but was injured for 2 months and anyway I gave a lot of game time to Lukaku to blood him, he ended up with 18 himself. Torres got all 4 in a 4-0 win over Bayern in the CL final. How's that for unrealism?

4-2-3-1, beats everybody. PL in my first season; League cup, FA Cup, Champions League in my second.

Torres

Mata/Pedro Mata/Eriksen di Maria

Meireles Lampard/Fleck

Cole Terry Luiz Bosingwa/Ivan

Cech

Torres scored 34 for me in the first, 28 in the second but was injured for 2 months and anyway I gave a lot of game time to Lukaku to blood him, he ended up with 18 himself. Torres got all 4 in a 4-0 win over Bayern in the CL final. How's that for unrealism?

I have a question that's been bugging me since a while and because I play a 4-5-1 and my exp with 4-2-3-1 is minimal.

What to do with the 2 midfielders in front of defense? Do you play them in the centre or as DM? If you do play them as CMs are you exposed to counter attacks? If you play them as DMs can teams cut you of from the front 4?

What to do with the 2 midfielders in front of defense? Do you play them in the centre or as DM? If you do play them as CMs are you exposed to counter attacks? If you play them as DMs can teams cut you of from the front 4?

Imo, when playing 4-2-3-1, it's a good idea to keep one of them as a deep lying playmaker and the other as a defensive ball winning midfielder. In that way they support the attack just enough, but don't leave too much space behind them.

It is true against weaker teams.. but is it effective against stronger teams like City, Barca and Real? I struggled with that formation in FM11.. so I usually opted for a anchor man.

Well my head to head against City is played 5, won 4, lost 1; the last win coming in the FA cup final, so yeah. I beat Barcelona on the way to the final too. You must look at your players and decide what role suits them best, and whether their roles are in keeping with the general team instructions.

I have a question that's been bugging me since a while and because I play a 4-5-1 and my exp with 4-2-3-1 is minimal.

Both CM. Their role depends on the player I'm picking to play, for eg if I have Meireles and Lampard, I'd keep both as CM - Support, but Meireles with lesser forward runs and more defensive duties. Ramires is always a B2B or a ball winning midfielder. Mikel plays best as CM - Defend or Deep lying playmaker - defend. I've now got Mascherano who is going to have a defend duty.

Also, the opposition you're playing should be kept in mind. Against weak teams I use both CMs with a support duty, against a tough team or a tricky away game I bring in Mikel or Ramires for defensive work, so on and so forth.

Question: If I loan a player to an unplayable league, will he get game time?... Let's say I loaned McEachran to Pompey, and looking at their fixtures, they have no games coming up.. And so far Josh has had only 3 games (it's 26th November). Will he get some "fantasy match" experience or will he just rot there? Should I recall him?

So I have just finished my first season :) It went very well. Won the PL and CL. In the CL final I beat Leverkusen 2-1, along the knock-out stages I also eliminated Inter Milan, Arsenal and Man Utd.

As you can see from the following pic, the race between ManU and myself came down to the wire, City also threatened and led the table for almost half a season.

epl.jpg

avgrtg.jpg

Torres finished with 45 goals, 36 of them in the league. Juan Mata topped the assisting charts with 24 in the league, 29 overall. Willian and Eriksen have been great signings, except that Eriksen is ridiculously injury prone... But in 37 appearances he managed 6 goals and 19 assists rarely playing 90 minutes... while Willian got 50 apps, 11 goals and 16 assist. So both were useful in the title challenge.

In January I sold Bosingwa to AC Milan for 7,5M € and bought Cesar Azpilicueta for 7,25M € - recommended for right-back position.

Lampard was prolific with 17 goals (7 of them being penalties) and 8 assists. I'm also glad I didn't sell Drogba, because despite being a backup player, he still managed 13 goals in 29 apps, most of which were off the bench.

Kalou proved to be a useful squad player, he scored a few winners, one being a late goal against Man Utd. in Champions League to win us the game on away goals, at that point I was desperate and on the verge of being eliminated. And one winner was from far out, a stunner... don't remember against who though. All in all he scored 6 and created 6 in 36 apps. Luckily with a few man of the match performances, he attracted interest from ManU, and I'm still looking to sell him.

JT and Luiz were a massive goal threat from set-pieces, scoring a combined 18 goals and amazingly feeding 13 assists. Ivanovic contributed with 4 goals and 4 assists. It's very effective to put one CB to attack near post and the other to attack far post... they will score loads like this.

I wanted some opinions.

Just about to finish my 3rd season, the CL final against barcelona is all that remains. If I win that, I'll finish the season by winning every competition possible - Community Shield (vs Utd 2-1), Prem League, FA Cup (vs Villa 3-0), League Cup (vs City 3-1), Euro Super Cup (vs Arsenal 1-0), Club World Cup (vs Fluminense 1-0). My total competition wins in 3 years will look like -

Premier League - 2

FA Cup - 2

League Cup - 2

Comm Shield - 2

Chams League - 1 or 2

Club World Cup - 1

Euro super cup - 1

I'm confused as to whether I should continue with Chelsea and rebuild the team or resign and take up another challenge. I've got nothing left to win with us anymore, am already among the club 'icons'. How long has your longest stay at a club been? Would it be more fun to start fresh or is it more satisfying to see you rebuild a team from time to time even while trying to win silverware?