Frank Lampard

DavidEU

Does this really need another topic?

Considering the whole AVB fiasco, I'm pretty sure he will not be renewing his contract and wants to get rid of his influence in the dressing room for the new manager to be able to stamp his authority better.

I usually like Dan Levene and find some of his musings and articles to be insightful and thought-provoking but this is just a poor letter.

He spends much of it telling us what Frank did do and what he represents to the fans and very little (if any) explaining where he fits into the squad next year. Yes we have an emotional attachment with Lamps, but my emotional attachment to the club is far greater and I think we're better next year with other players filling his position.

now some1 tell me he is replacable, i dare you, i double dare you... FRANK LAMPARD IS IRREPLACABLE... fact... oscar might go on to become a great player but never like lamps... true legend...

now some1 tell me he is replacable, i dare you, i double dare you... FRANK LAMPARD IS IRREPLACABLE... fact... oscar might go on to become a great player but never like lamps... true legend...

Rarely do you see a player that has been so good for a club 'replaced' by anyone. Another player has to step up, adapt, and will bring different qualities.

Arsenal didn't replace Henry. United didn't replace Ronaldo. Liverpool didn't replace Alonso. We didn't replace Drogba.

Rarely do you see a player that has been so good for a club 'replaced' by anyone. Another player has to step up, adapt, and will bring different qualities.

Arsenal didn't replace Henry. United didn't replace Ronaldo. Liverpool didn't replace Alonso. We didn't replace Drogba.

but the most "hip and happening discussion" on this thread is "who will replace lampard", so this was my contribution to it...

He's not replaceable as a person because he's unique. But there are possibly options out there (and at the club) who can be better in the style of football we're going to play going forward.

He's not replaceable as a person because he's unique. But there are possibly options out there (and at the club) who can be better in the style of football we're going to play going forward.

but we get too 1-dimensional... towards the start of the match, we were doing what we do best, give mata and hazard the ball and hope they create magic... when these guys found the going tough lamps took it on himself. he did what a deep lying play maker should do perfectly, i dont think any1 can do that... for me the club has already invested in midfield (mikel,oscar,kdb,rambo,romeu plus josh), i dont think the club is gonna buy some1 for 20-30 mil, so they must believe that some1 at the club is ready to step up (probably oscar) and for me he has miles to go...

even if we go out and buy some1 to replace frank then i believe it would cost way more than frank's wages for a year, hence for me the solution is simple - GIVE LAMPS HIS CONTRACT.

Those 2 misses aside, this was one of his best performances in the past couple of years. His passing vision and choices were superb. He really loves playing behind a target man like Ba. The timing of his runs was perfect.

I have to be honest, this is getting pathetic. Its obvious Lampards going, deal with it. Roman is a smart guy, hes always done whats best fo Chelsea so I am 100% behind him for this. Sure hes done a lot for the club but didn't AVB not try and reduce him to a squad player last season and he started throwing the toys out of the pram? Its only right that someone younger like Oscar or Kevin get the amount of playing time Lamps gets right now next season. Hes still useful but so are players like Luka Modric, Joao Moutinho, Fernandinho, etc who actually all suit our system too.....