Roberto Soldado

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure if these are all his goals from this past season or just his best ones but his finishing is incredible. Better than most the strikers we get linked with. He's also a surprisingly hard worker for a player most would put in the 'poacher' category:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qb3YfYVJoJY

Mata - Soldado was more deadly than Silva - Villa and even Mata - Villa.

Obviously Mata was older while working with Soldado and thus more matured in terms of playing style but I think that says a lot. Put Soldado in Barcelona or Real Madrid (I genuinely think he is THE striker they need) and you have 'one of the best strikers in the world'.

At Valencia Villa had Mata and Silva supplying him. Soldado has Feghouli and Guardado.

(League only): Villa averaged 0.65 goals per game. Soldado averages 0.60 goals per game.

He is good but not THAT good to be the No.1 striker for us. Lacks this thing in him that makes him a stand out striker among the many top quality strikers out there.

What thing exactly? what matters the most is goals, and he gets plenty of them. It's ridiculous to say he can't be our no 1 striker, when apart from Cavani there's not many strikers available that are better than him.

He is good but not THAT good to be the No.1 striker for us. Lacks this thing in him that makes him a stand out striker among the many top quality strikers out there.

Yes. And that's called opportunity. Same with Mandzukic before he joined Bayern. I'd rather have this guy at half the cost than Cavani

Why don't people like him? :ph34r: He contributed directly to 28 goals scored by Valencia in the league this season in 33 starts.

To compare, Falcao contributed directly to 29 goals scored by Atletico Madrid in the league this season in 34 starts.

Falcao was dispossessed 2.8 times on average per game. Soldado was dispossessed 0.7 times on average per game.

They were both caught offside 0.9 times per game.

They were both fouled just under 2 times per game.

Both made 0.9 key passes per game.

Soldado averaged 2.9 shots per game while Falcao averaged 3.6 (Soldado has a superior conversion rate. Crazy considering how great Falcao is at finishing.)

I compare Falcao and Soldado because they're both pure goalscorers and scoring is what you buy them for. It also highlights that Falcao's price was an astronomical over-evaluation when you take into consideration players like Soldado will leave their clubs (likely) for under £20m (helped by Valencia's poor financial state.)

When it comes to goalscoring Falcao is slightly ahead with 4 more goals but Soldado had 3 more assists.

We were strongly linked with Falcao but from watching them both this season and then digging up these stats I feel we should have been and should currently be linked with Soldado as he's only a few months older than Falcao and offers everything he does - plus he has the valuable chemistry with Mata, low wages (£45k per week) and presumably would be a cheap signing for a player of his quality.

He was a real hard worker too this season. With Valencia being all over the place in terms of results and (lack of) consistency, he was constantly running back to help his midfielders and even full-backs at times. Underrated player.

What thing exactly? what matters the most is goals, and he gets plenty of them. It's ridiculous to say he can't be our no 1 striker, when apart from Cavani there's not many strikers available that are better than him.

Don't get me wrong. Not doubting him as a player because he has his own qualities but what I'm not sure if he has this X-Factor in him to really be the undisputed No.1 ST for us. He is a decent option to get if all else fails but I have my doubts.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You