Roberto Soldado

Soldado has been a very clever buy for Valencia 2 years ago. He was already great when he was with Getafe. Now he has reached his peak. I think it is neither in our nor in his interest to tear him out of a squad he fits in perfecty. He is 28, won't get any better. also we have Torres, 29, Ba, 28, we should not add anothe rplayer in that age bracket. We are missing one in the 24-27 category.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No thanks, one of those decent player that will do well for a 4th,5th,6th club like Arsenal, Everton, Spurs. He is not good enough for us, look at Demba Ba. He is actually worse than Gomez, Jovetic, Dzeko.

Soldado? I thought we are looking for an uprade of Torres. Why should we buy his back-up in the national team?

We should then sell Azpi and sign Arbeloa while you compare such nonsense...

We should then sell Azpi and sign Arbeloa while you compare such nonsense...

It's not like I am comparing Torres with some young striker with a lot of potential. Soldado is as old as Nando, he's at his peak atm and he won't become much better, especially if he's going to need time to get used to the EPL. It is stupid to compare the situation between those two with the one of Arbeloa and Azpi. The latter is young and has a great future ahead of him, while the former is 30 years old.

• 10 months later...

So I put it to you guys out here...

I know it's unrealistic with Levy being a giant asshole when it comes to dealing with Chelsea (or.. lack of,) but if Soldado came on the market for less than £20million.. Would be a worthwhile gamble? I know he's been piss-poor at Tottenham but could that have been a problem of tactics in how they played and how they set up to attack?

A glance as Soldado's stats in Spain and it's not hard to see why Spurs did pay £26million:

2009-10 20 (32)

2010-11 25 (44)

2011-12 27 (51)

2012-13 30 (46)

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You