Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

Have you seen Lyon in the CL this season? They're poor. Defensively they're still pretty solid but going forward... Slow, congested and a complete lack of creativity. Any forward would suffer. Their form in the league is nothing compared to last season either (not surprising, they overperformed last year). Lacazette is now asked to do it all by himself. As in create space, set up chances for others and himself and score goals. A tough task for any player.

Lacazette and Fekir carried them last season. They have a very young team so their form will naturally fluctuate. But they're lacking in true quality so they were never going to keep last season's form up. The Fekir injury hit them hard. He is brilliant. He brings that spark and the ability to turn nothing into something. A decent team at best overall but with good potential.

France can afford to drop him because they have plenty of options. Benzema, Griezmann, Giroud, Martial. Deschamps will soon bring him back in the squad and deservedly so He knows he's quality. His form has dropped but that happens to even better players. He'll bounce back. It would be even better if his price dropped because of his dip. I doubt it though. Aulas is smarter than that.

I have. They have been a mess at the back and aren't as creative as last season. I'm not one of those that think he's a one season wonder, but I think Michy would be a better signing all round. Cheaper, higher ceiling (IMO) and is built to succeed in the Prem.

@Rapkun

Hard to be a one season wonder when you've been one of the better players in the Ligue 1 for two years. To call Lacazette that and then bring up a forward who's never performed for a full season for Marseille, let alone at a high level, is odd.

Lacazette's first goal vs Saint-Etienne (big game btw) was a reminder of his class. Turned nothing into something and the finish was class.

I'm sorry but he is nowhere near the player you think he is. He overperformed during the first half of last season and benefited from the penalties Fekir offered to him to boost his stats. Not to mention he was only playing on one front(league) and only had to play once every week. He is already being found out this season and will only look worse if he moves to a better league. he can't play the lone striker role and he is only at his best when his team is playing on the counter, he can't play with his back to the goal and his finishing except for the 1/2 of last season was dreadful. Michy is superior in every aspect of his game and is begining to prove it playing for an awful OM side in ligue 1 and europa league.

You really think Aboubakar's good? I find him so unrefined.

I want players who can create chances for themselves. He does with his size just like drogba did

Even though I don't like players who are not technically very good starting in attacking positions. People with size and technical ability are scarce...

I'm sorry but he is nowhere near the player you think he is. He overperformed during the first half of last season and benefited from the penalties Fekir offered to him to boost his stats. Not to mention he was only playing on one front(league) and only had to play once every week. He is already being found out this season and will only look worse if he moves to a better league. he can't play the lone striker role and he is only at his best when his team is playing on the counter, he can't play with his back to the goal and his finishing except for the 1/2 of last season was dreadful. Michy is superior in every aspect of his game and is begining to prove it playing for an awful OM side in ligue 1 and europa league.

I don't know how you know how highly I rate him but fair enough, you're not a fan. But your statement was wrong. He's been performing for longer than a season.

I want players who can create chances for themselves. He does with his size just like drogba did

Even though I don't like players who are not technically very good starting in attacking positions. People with size and technical ability are scarce...

True but I just find him so unrefined. I can see him ending up like Ba.

Batshuayi looks pretty interesting in those videos. Does anyone know how he stands viz the Belgian national squad? It proves nothing either way but you'd have thought that a player who is of the quality we'd like to have would be in the frame for international honours.

I think he's the most talented Belgian striker we have atm, he's strong, can dribble, good shot, his technique is pretty good as well. Definitely not ready for Chelsea though, maybe in 2-3 years.

I think he's the most talented Belgian striker we have atm, he's strong, can dribble, good shot, his technique is pretty good as well. Definitely not ready for Chelsea though, maybe in 2-3 years.

Thanks Bethos. You've answered another question I had. Wenger remains an ardent watcher of French football and he needs a striker. If this lad was ready then it's not hard to imagine Arsenal would have made a move.

Thanks Bethos. You've answered another question I had. Wenger remains an ardent watcher of French football and he needs a striker. If this lad was ready then it's not hard to imagine Arsenal would have made a move.

Imo he would start at Arsenal, I really don't rate Giroud. Batshuayi needs to work on his attitude a bit as well, he's a bit too selfish, always tries to score even if a teammate is in a better position he'd still try to score himself.

Imo he would start at Arsenal, I really don't rate Giroud. Batshuayi needs to work on his attitude a bit as well, he's a bit too selfish, always tries to score even if a teammate is in a better position he'd still try to score himself.

Interesting. That exposes the major problem with highlight vids. I really like his decision making as shown there. Definitely want to see more of this lad though.

Higuain is a good player, but I would not do his signing because he is always lost in big games. Higuain is a good player to play against teams from the middle of the table, but he always disappears in the great days.

Also, Napoli would ask a lot of money to sign him because Higuain is their best player and IMO he would be a wrong signing for us.

Higuain is a good player, but I would not do his signing because he is always lost in big games. Higuain is a good player to play against teams from the middle of the table, but he always disappears in the great days.

Also, Napoli would ask a lot of money to sign him because Higuain is their best player and IMO he would be a wrong signing for us.

what do you think of Alexandre Lacazette?? Do u think he would be a good signing??

Hi friend!

Well, it's a good choice and better than Higuain, but maybe I just see two problems with Lacazette.

1. His height (Jose prefer tall forwards).
2. He can not play with us Champions League this season (which, maybe, is irrelevant because we need to save the season and our project being in TOP FOUR at the end of season in Premier League).

But, in general terms, Alexandre Lacazette would be a fantastic signing for us.

With Diego Costa dedicating himself to absurd fights, Falcao preparing to retiring and Remy always being a incognita, Lacazette could be a good option for us. In addition he is fast, which is perfect for our counterattacks. And the French players normally adapt pretty well to Premier League.

Vincent Aboubakar would be another one of my favorite options. IMO between Lacazette, Aboutbakar or Icardi (one of them) should be our objectives.

Pato is also in the market, but after Torres and Falcao, I think it would be very dangerous to bet on a player with a long history of injuries.

Regards.