Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

I think you are spot on with your first point. Even Varane or Falcao would not really make the fans climb the fences. We got enough numbers in most offensive positions and also enough talent, some of them just have to hit form.

Yes, Arsenal and the Manchester teams will spend a lot, but it is not that they will pull some world class players out of the hat which we can't sign. There simply aren't many world class players available atm.

Yes to fend off the domestic rivals it should suffice to make sure we improve here and there in quality and depth and have another one of our attacking mids finally flourish.

On the other hand to win the CL next season we would need some major reinforcements, that would help us more mid to short time than in the long run. Those would include people like Schweinsteiger and Bale.

When we last won the league 2010 and we only signed benayoun and ramires, while losing ballack, deco, belletti and more, we knew we were fucked when lamps and drogs caught injuries. This time round our squad in younger and on the ascend however, an injury to two out of matic, fabregas, hazard and costa would likely wreck our title challenge. This is why I think, Mou should step out of his shadow and buy some quality players for depth AND to improve us as a team (like more tactic flexibility esp in big games) .

I think what we should do is upgrade maybe 3 or 4 and use the old ones as the reinforcements. We was very lucky early season that it was only us on form which left the others playing catchup. You coulnt say that we couldnt do with an upgrade in a few areas. Im not saying the ones needing upgrades are awful but they either cant hold form, getting slow/old or we just could do better.

It looks like whether Mou says so or not we are losing a few players and with an already small squad we are going to be up a creek unless we buy more players. He said that he wanted a squad of 25/26 and unless we fill up on academy kids I cant see it.

I know we never know whats going on behind the scenes and theres but theres normally some gossip thats true about whos coming. All the gossip lately is for hasbeens and wannabes.

I reckon Im going to stay away from the media till pre season friendlies and come back happy or with a need to get wrecked.

Milan target list - Kondogbia, Jackson Martinez (done deal they say), Imbula, Miranda, Turan, Zlatan. Inter are also in for Miranda and Imbula.

Its annoying, because I would actually like everyone of Kondogbia, Imbula, Miranda and maybe Turan in Chelsea.

If we want any of those i would of guess we'll get them, so hope we'll get just as good CMs and CBs, or better.

Milan target list - Kondogbia, Jackson Martinez (done deal they say), Imbula, Miranda, Turan, Zlatan. Inter are also in for Miranda and Imbula.

Its annoying, because I would actually like everyone of Kondogbia, Imbula, Miranda and maybe Turan in Chelsea.

If we want any of those i would of guess we'll get them, so hope we'll get just as good CMs and CBs, or better.

And in the end they will get Imobille, Mbia etc

Honestly, for me it's disappointing being linked with the likes of Falcao and Douglas Costa while City are linked with De Bruyne and Pogba. If the disparity in transfer quality between us and them ends up being something along those lines I think we're really short-changing ourselves for the season ahead. Those types of signings for City can have the same impact Costa and Fabregas had for us.

We also can't 'workhorse' our way through the CL later stages, we know how that has turned out the past two years under Mourinho. We need one big signing at least if we are to solidify our position at the top and push forward in the CL.

I completely agree.

We need to become better to compete with the likes of Bayern, Barca and Real - assuming that is one of our club's goals..

Even to keep the title - we're gonna need players of the highest quality.

I completely agree.

We need to become better to compete with the likes of Bayern, Barca and Real - assuming that is one of our club's goals..

Even to keep the title - we're gonna need players of the highest quality.

I don't know why we should buy players like Douglas Costa and Song? Traore, Salah or Moses are all players from same quality level and can take rotational role. As same goes for Loftus-Cheek or Van Ginkel.

What we need is two world-class players that will add quality to our first 11 - right winger and central midfielder. Some additions in back 4 is only bonus but we should firstly sort out what we need.

What we need is two world-class players that will add quality to our first 11 - right winger and central midfielder.

There are very little options in market to what people call "World Class", in both positions. So i think a lot here should be prepared to the idea that the best RW we could bring now is Sterling and Griezmann (for 60m), and after them there's Costa, Firmino, maybe Anderson.

And for CM, those you can get are Kondogbia, Gundogan, Allan, Schneiderlin. And Pogba, if you believe its a possible deal for the club.

Wasnt Imbula confirmed to Valencia? Guess I imagined that

for me just replacements for Cech and Remy(if he leaves,hope he doesn`t)

Mikel and Drogba can be replaced by promoting players already on our books.

a little fine tuning and we should retain our title. don`t care too much about Europe but with a little growth in some areas by the players we already have we have a shot at winning that too,relying on what the winners of the competition always do in avoiding playing all the top teams on the same cup run.

for me just replacements for Cech and Remy(if he leaves,hope he doesn`t)

Mikel and Drogba can be replaced by promoting players already on our books.

a little fine tuning and we should retain our title. don`t care too much about Europe but with a little growth in some areas by the players we already have we have a shot at winning that too,relying on what the winners of the competition always do in avoiding playing all the top teams on the same cup run.

i think thats exactly what city thought this time last year.

There are very little options in market to what people call "World Class", in both positions. So i think a lot here should be prepared to the idea that the best RW we could bring now is Sterling and Griezmann (for 60m), and after them there's Costa, Firmino, maybe Anderson.

And for CM, those you can get are Kondogbia, Gundogan, Allan, Schneiderlin. And Pogba, if you believe its a possible deal for the club.

Maybe not "world class" but some players available are much, much better than Costa and big upgrade to players we have on right winger and also with potential to become "world class" - Reus, Griezmann, Sterling, Di Maria and maybe even Bale.

The same goes for midfield players, we need one who can play in big matches because Fabregas can't play deep if we defend pretty much all the time. I think we could go for Pogba, because Allegri wants Oscar. We should include him in deal and add something like 30M and 22 years old beast is ours for next 10-12 seasons ;) On the other hand players like Kondogbia, Gundogan, Naingollan and Schneiderlin are also perfect suited for Mourinho system ... think about Matić. Did you rate him world class playing in Benfica? He is world class now, for sure ;)

If we get two of mentioned players, we will win the league :) I think Falcao deal is just a shred move by Mourinho so we can get some more Jorge Mendes's players (Griezmann/Di Maria and Varane).

I rate Schneiderlin and Gundogan highly so I won't be dissapointed if we miss on Pogba and get one of those two players :)

I expect one big signing this window, be it Gundogan, Reus, Sterling, whoever, Jose will seek to improve the squad some how. The rest will be bench boys or bench boys. People like Pasalic, RLC, Christensen might come in.

Pasalic is likely to be involved in the Falcao deal.

Reus, Di Maria, Bale.

Those players (who considered world class) not looking available at all, only a major change in their clubs could make them available for us or for any club.

Thats why i said the only options (for what you can call "top winger") are Sterling and Griezmann.

As for CMs, i agree with you, i didnt say i wont be happy with Kondogbia, Allan, Naingollan etc, i will . You said world class, and when people say they want "world class signing" for CM, usually they mean Pogba, Modric, Verratti, players who wont come probably.

25M in Tielemans (15M) and Schweinsteiger (10M). For me, this is a possible option (Bastian has only year of contract with Bayern)... cheap, present and future, Bastian provides leadership, character and experience, and I see Tielemans ready to be a starter if we need (Great games in UCL last year).

Seeing the lack of good options that exist on the market, and the excessive prices that is hearing for some average players, I Think that this is not bad option.

25M in Tielemans (15M) and Schweinsteiger (10M). For me, this is a possible option (Bastian has only year of contract with Bayern)... cheap, present and future, Bastian provides leadership, character and experience, and I see Tielemans ready to be a starter if we need (Great games in UCL last year).

Seeing the lack of good options that exist on the market, and the excessive prices that is hearing for some average players, I Think that this is not bad option.

25m for a teenage player who has done nothing? Mmmm.