Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

I think Mourinho might actualy swap Oscar for Modric and Lukaku for Barkley. Costa and new LB would be bought with money only (Ba, Torres, Mikel, Cole, Marin, Moses, Romeu sales, Mata money from january).

Modric would have been an amazing buy back in 2011 when we were after him but at the moment there’s no way I’d agree to that swap, not without a significant amount of money coming our way. He’s still at least as good as he was back then and would slot next to Matic perfectly but he’ll be 29 when next season begins and surely that means his value has gone down a little from the time Real Madrid bought him for £30m whereas Oscar, having now proved himself in European football, has got to be worth more than the £25m we paid for him two years ago.

That being said, something like Modric + £10m for Oscar and I’d snap their hand off. We’d finally get our man for the pivot which has been a big problem for years now and I really don’t think Oscar, no matter how good he is, would be that hard to replace. For example Ross Barkley, who you mentioned, would be a very good replacement and with players like Modric & Barkley we would end up having a much, much stronger squad than we do now even if it meant losing Oscar.

Not sure how to feel about potentially losing Lukaku though. I think he'd be the perfect 2nd choice striker for us next season with Costa likely to be the main man. With those two guys we'd have two very different kind of strikers which would give Jose a lot more options to prepare for each game, and also the impact of bringing a striker like Costa or Lukaku from the bench would be nothing short of devastating against tired defenses. Anyway, I'll leave Lukaku's fate to the hands of Mourinho and the board because there's really no way to know what's happened behind the scenes before / after he requested the Everton loan.

After all this, I think it's worth noting that I don't believe for a second that we'd have any chance of getting Modric. I don't think Real Madrid are willing to sell a guy who has been one of their best players this season and anyway, why would they even need Oscar when they already got Isco?

Modric would have been an amazing buy back in 2011 when we were after him but at the moment theres no way Id agree to that swap, not without a significant amount of money coming our way. Hes still at least as good as he was back then and would slot next to Matic perfectly but hell be 29 when next season begins and surely that means his value has gone down a little from the time Real Madrid bought him for £30m whereas Oscar, having now proved himself in European football, has got to be worth more than the £25m we paid for him two years ago.

That being said, something like Modric + £10m for Oscar and Id snap their hand off. Wed finally get our man for the pivot which has been a big problem for years now and I really dont think Oscar, no matter how good he is, would be that hard to replace. For example Ross Barkley, who you mentioned, would be a very good replacement and with players like Modric & Barkley we would end up having a much, much stronger squad than we do now even if it meant losing Oscar.

Not sure how to feel about potentially losing Lukaku though. I think he'd be the perfect 2nd choice striker for us next season with Costa likely to be the main man. With those two guys we'd have two very different kind of strikers which would give Jose a lot more options to prepare for each game, and also the impact of bringing a striker like Costa or Lukaku from the bench would be nothing short of devastating against tired defenses. Anyway, I'll leave Lukaku's fate to the hands of Mourinho and the board because there's really no way to know what's happened behind the scenes before / after he requested the Everton loan.

After all this, I think it's worth noting that I don't believe for a second that we'd have any chance of getting Modric. I don't think Real Madrid are willing to sell a guy who has been one of their best players this season and anyway, why would they even need Oscar when they already got Isco?

First, I dont want that to happen, but I think Mou might be looking to do that. Barkley suits his play more than Oscar, Modric would be near perfect to Matic etc...

What I disagree with you is the Modric opinion. Yes he is 29, but he is Xavi/Pirlo type of player and those peak at age 30 or even later. He is even better than he was when he left Spurs; this season, he was most outstanding player (bar Ronaldo) in real. His role might be underrated, kind of what hapend to Makelele. I wouldnt swap Oscar for Modric either (unless one of Barkley, Reus, James,...would certainly come), but Modric is still easily worth 40mio, despite his age. His role at Real is extremely important and he is my faw player there, he was very consistent, good in big games and real creator of Madrid's game. His role of deep playmaker is closely connected with experience and he realy plays good nowdays, I feel he will play even better in two years time (around 30s).

Don't know where this all came from, but if it's true, please Jose, make it happen.

Matic - Vidal. This is insane.

I just have a feeling that if the rumours are true and Jose really wants Vidal, then he might convince Juve to negociate by adding to the deal a player they are interested in - Lukaku.

I love Lukaku, but Vidal is a monster. If Juve would ask for Lukaku to be included in the deal, I'd say "yes" and sign the papers in the blink of an eye. I'd even ask them if they want Ramires too.

€30m + Lukaku + Ramires. Come one Jose, work your magic!

€30m + Lukaku + Ramires. Come one Jose, work your magic!

That is excessive and unnecessary... 30m and Lukaku would probably do but I sincerely doubt there is any truth in those rumours, Juve would be stupid to sell their best player.

Modric is so overrated we dodged a big bullet back in 2011 when £50 mill was being thrown about ,he is decent but nothing more,i'd like any striker that can get 20+prem goals a season or 2!!!,a new Frank Lampard and sort out the Lb situation thats all simples

Modric is so overrated we dodged a big bullet back in 2011 when £50 mill was being thrown about ,he is decent but nothing more,i'd like any striker that can get 20+prem goals a season or 2!!!,a new Frank Lampard and sort out the Lb situation thats all simples

Lol. Another troll detected.

Very sad today due to loss against sunderland, and broke our title hope.

Well, i want clearance sell this summer.

Out: mikel, oscar, cole, lampard, ramires, torres, etoo, baa, hillario, schwazer

Out for the loan players: moses, marin, romeu, josh mceachran, and lukaku

In: diego costa, cavani, luke shaw, rakitic if you want, mario pasilic

In for loan players: bamford, cortouis,zouma, lalkovic or traore