Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

Mikel will not leave, he will be benched.

Just wait, neither Pep, Jose nor Klopp will be happy with Mikel.

Not sure about the others but Jose brought Mikel and had already began the process of him replacing Maka long term. He obviously saw something in him for that position.

As Choulo said he's only 25. A lot of people forget how young he is given his experience.

You say this based on what exactly?

Managers like Carlo, Hidink...etc showed complete confidence in him. Even Mourinho himself was the one who bought him and moved him to DM. Not once during his time here did we hear even murmurs that the club or manager are looking to sign any DM to take Mikel's place.

I aint discussing this, there are already a lot of members doing so. All I am asking you to do is wait...

Mikel can handle himself, but he is not exceptional.

If Pep comes Busquets will be top target and will play ahead of Mikel if hes signed. How do I know this? Pep rates Busquets that highly and sees him as a vital part to his philosophy. Boom. Wherever he goes, if he has enough funds to try and tempt Barca to sell, I would bet my house on it that he would try and buy him

Well those supporters should be aware that the club will not be looking to replace Mikel anytime soon. The club and every manager that has come in has been happy with him, so he is not going anywhere. And although, unfortunately, Oriol might not make a full recovery, it would not make sense to buy a DM who will replace him without seeing whether or he does return as good as new.

Those supporters will just have to live in hope that the club does move on from a player that many educated supporters who have watched the club for many years simply don't trust.

You say this based on what exactly?

Managers like Carlo, Hidink...etc showed complete confidence in him. Even Mourinho himself was the one who bought him and moved him to DM. Not once during his time here did we hear even murmurs that the club or manager are looking to sign any DM to take Mikel's place.

I like all these coaches who favoured him were sacked - not saying that was his fault but let's not pretend their judgment is infallible.

Actually we were linked to Fellaini in 2010 when he was playing in the DM position at Everton.

If Pep comes Busquets will be top target and will play ahead of Mikel if hes signed. How do I know this? Pep rates Busquets that highly and sees him as a vital part to his philosophy. Boom. Wherever he goes, if he has enough funds to try and tempt Barca to sell, I would bet my house on it that he would try and buy him

I agree and I hope that comes to pass. Busquets is younger than Mikel but so much better in almost ever regard.

I like all these coaches who favoured him were sacked - not saying that was his fault but let's not pretend their judgment is infallible.

Just saying that there is nothing, from past experiences with managers, to suggest that the next manager will not put his trust in Mikel.

Actually we were linked to Fellaini in 2010 when he was playing in the DM position at Everton.

To replace a finished Essien which we eventually did by buying Oriol.

Those supporters will just have to live in hope that the club does move on from a player that many educated supporters who have watched the club for many years simply don't trust.

And they have every right to do so. I was not in any way disregarding the opinions of those fans; was just saying that at the end of the day the club and manager are the ones who make the transfer decisions.

And what does the level of education or how many years they have supported the club have to do with anything? They have a right to form and voice an opinion regardless. Surely you're not insinuating that Mikel fans are uneducated or know nothing about the club?

To replace a finished Essien which we eventually did by buying Oriol.

Ramires, surely?

Surely you're not insinuating that Mikel fans are uneducated or know nothing about the club?

I'm saying that the people on here who think Mikel is the answer at DM obviously see something that most of the people I see at matches don't. Take that as you will.

Like I've commented in other threads, I've not seen a player divide opinion like him. All those matches, all those managers and still he's yet to convince a lot of people who understand the DM role and don't think he's up to it.

Ramires, surely?

We were short on CDM/CM with Essien's injury and the departure of Ballack and Deco. I don't think there was an intention of replacing Mikel because he was a starter throught the 2010/11 season.

I'm saying that the people on here who think Mikel is the answer at DM obviously see something that most of the people I see at matches don't. Take that as you will. Like I've commented in other threads, I've not seen a player divide opinion like him. All those matches, all those managers and still he's yet to convince a lot of people who understand the DM role and don't think he's up to it.

He certainly divides opinions, but so many DMs often do. Tiote, for example, is regarded by many as the best Dm in the league while others, myself included, think he is slightly above average. Even Maka didn't wasn't fully appreciated till after he was gone.

He certainly divides opinions, but so many DMs often do. Tiote, for example, is regarded by many as the best Dm in the league while others, myself included, think he is slightly above average. Even Maka didn't wasn't fully appreciated till after he was gone.

Mikel is good. but hardly world class. he does the job expected off him although he's no Essien or Yaya Toure if you will. Passing is not a big concern as he is tasked with just keeping possession but he's not the beast of a midfielder we want in CDM. he rarely ventures forward and that's because his movement is not as good as Essien or Yaya. he plays well with Ramires. Rami's movement and his strength make a good combo but with Mikel and Ramires, we basically have 2 DM's and Ramires' passing is pretty poor. Mikel is a good option to have in the squad - to throw on if we lead.

Outs

Sturridge - 13mil - looks like he's leaving

Ins

Replacement for Sturridge. If i was a member of the Chelsea staff, i would have Walcott at the top of the list.

Walcott and another striker among - Ba (7.5mil) Huntelaar (7mil) Bony (again, cheap) or Bent to have some options in attack. we wouldn't be making a loss as well

if possible - a decent cover for Romeu

Our main issue is Jan when Mikel will be at the ACON, but so will Essien, so I'm not sure we will call him back.

we need depth till the summer anyway. Romeu is out for the season almost. We should get him back or get decent cover in the market