Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

Demba Ba seems like the best option for january- good price, PL experience which is important especially when the player comes in the middle of a season, and he's a wonerfull striker- very good finisher, good technics on the ball, and he could combine with our attacking midfielders pretty well i think. Plus he can help the club for years, not just this season. great option for 2nd striker when we'll get Cavani or Falcao.

There is actually one minor problem- he's playing with Senegal in the ACON, we'll have him only in Fab, but we should still get him.

Again i dont understand this Fellaini thing, havent got how exactly it will work with him in our team. the CM we need imo is someone like Moutinho or Cabay. If you also want a strong CDM the answer is someone like Capoue, not Fellaini.

Actualy Cabaye or Moutinho are two weak for this team. Its clearly seen that we need to add some strenght to team (and height). Capoue is DM/CB and we need CM. He has no playmaking abilities. Fellaini is CM/CAM or DM and PL proven with lot of experience, a very important thing. Sure Vidal or Witsel would fit there great too, but they are not available.

Demba Ba seems like the best option for january- good price, PL experience which is important especially when the player comes in the middle of a season, and he's a wonerfull striker- very good finisher, good technics on the ball, and he could combine with our attacking midfielders pretty well i think. Plus he can help the club for years, not just this season. great option for 2nd striker when we'll get Cavani or Falcao.

There is actually one minor problem- he's playing with Senegal in the ACON, we'll have him only in Fab, but we should still get him.

Again i dont understand this Fellaini thing, havent got how exactly it will work with him in our team. the CM we need imo is someone like Moutinho or Cabay. If you also want a strong CDM the answer is someone like Capoue, not Fellaini.

I know Demba ba from his days in germany, not Bundesliga days, but he was with hoffenheim even when they were playing 4th division. So he is not actually the most talented and technically sound striker in the world, but he is a natural goalscorer, tall and stronger than he looks, decent in the air. Not convinced by his link-up play, but he is surely better than torres (and yes, fanboys i know he scored twice today, but my cat would have scored at least as much in that game). No one for the future and no one to rely on but clearly s.o. who can help us at the moment to make up the numbers . No quite sure if he is a fit characterwise. Although he is a nice guy and close to the fans he is rather egocentric and has the reputation of a mercenary in Germany. If Sturridge leaves us in Winter this move would be ok, bt I think bony would cost the same money and help us more.

Actualy Cabaye or Moutinho are two weak for this team. Its clearly seen that we need to add some strenght to team (and height). Capoue is DM/CB and we need CM. He has no playmaking abilities. Fellaini is CM/CAM or DM and PL proven with lot of experience, a very important thing. Sure Vidal or Witsel would fit there great too, but they are not available.

It realy depends on the football you want to see from the team or basically on the manager we'll have. With someone like Pep in charge, i can see us going for a midfield of CDM- Cabaye/Moutinho- Oscar, which is kind a simillar for what he had in Barcelona. I still didnt understand what kind of midfielder do you want.. youre talking about Fellaini and than talk about "playmaking abilities" which is somthing Fellaini doesnt have at all. strenght and height is something you want to add, not sure if thats what the new manager will want. The question is where are we going? right now we have a very "tiki taka-ish" attacking midfield, but our double pivot is Mikel and Ramires- a due that do have advantages in Ramires's speed, dynamics and energy and Mikel's height and power, but lacks things like creativity, smart attacking game, good passes to get the team forword, and off course cant organize the game good enough- this work always going to "Mazascar" and then we're stock becuase they need to organize the game alone and create too. I cant see how Fellaini will improve any of those issues, and with our midfield it will be imposible to get to the level of Bayren ,Real, Barcelona. The first question that need to be ask is who stays in the first 11? Mikel? Ramires? any of them? right now im under the impression non of them need to be a regular starter in our future "World class team", and im saying that when im thinking Ramires is one of our best players, just not sure he'll have a place. If we could get our hands on someone like Xabi Alonso or De Rossi i think Ramires could play next to them, but i dont know an available midfielder in the market that can do their job. So, my solution is play with Oscar and Moutinho, next to a DM like Capoue. If Pep realy going to be the new boss, i can see something like that happens.

I think Ba would do also.

Just get someone in who can score some goals and have a few strikers to choose from. Then in the summer sort out the rest.

It realy depends on the football you want to see from the team or basically on the manager we'll have. With someone like Pep in charge, i can see us going for a midfield of CDM- Cabaye/Moutinho- Oscar, which is kind a simillar for what he had in Barcelona. I still didnt understand what kind of midfielder do you want.. youre talking about Fellaini and than talk about "playmaking abilities" which is somthing Fellaini doesnt have at all. strenght and height is something you want to add, not sure if thats what the new manager will want. The question is where are we going? right now we have a very "tiki taka-ish" attacking midfield, but our double pivot is Mikel and Ramires- a due that do have advantages in Ramires's speed, dynamics and energy and Mikel's height and power, but lacks things like creativity, smart attacking game, good passes to get the team forword, and off course cant organize the game good enough- this work always going to "Mazascar" and then we're stock becuase they need to organize the game alone and create too. I cant see how Fellaini will improve any of those issues, and with our midfield it will be imposible to get to the level of Bayren ,Real, Barcelona. The first question that need to be ask is who stays in the first 11? Mikel? Ramires? any of them? right now im under the impression non of them need to be a regular starter in our future "World class team", and im saying that when im thinking Ramires is one of our best players, just not sure he'll have a place. If we could get our hands on someone like Xabi Alonso or De Rossi i think Ramires could play next to them, but i dont know an available midfielder in the market that can do their job. So, my solution is play with Oscar and Moutinho, next to a DM like Capoue. If Pep realy going to be the new boss, i can see something like that happens.

Fellaini would be the DM who breaks up play and links defence and attack. Alongside him you could probably play someone like Oscar.

Fellaini would be the DM who breaks up play and links defence and attack. Alongside him you could probably play someone like Oscar.

Sorry but he cant do that. Dont know how you got the impression that he can do that in the top levels of football, you dont have evidence fot it. WIth that central midfield, we'll have no central midfield when we're not in position. This fuzz about Fellaini here is wierd, because what he's doing so good this season is being a AM/SS, and suddenly is on top of our wishlist.

Sorry but he cant do that. Dont know how you got the impression that he can do that in the top levels of football. WIth that central midfield, we'll have no central midfield when we're not in position.

I got the impression he could do that from him doing that exact thing very, very well for Everton. Where did you get the impression that he couldn't?

I got the impression he could do that from him doing that exact thing very, very well for Everton. Where did you get the impression that he couldn't?

He doesnt, he playes as a SS/AM like i said. Look at Everton- they play with TWO MIDFIELDERS BEHIND HIM. What the hell are you talking about.

Need more? here's the formation they are using: http://www1.skysports.com/football/live/match/261613/teams

He doesnt, he playes as a SS/AM like i said. Look at Everton- they play with TWO MIDFIELDERS BEHIND HIM. What the hell are you talking about.

Sorry, but whilst you're correct about where he is playing right now, he hasn't played in that position for the entirety of his career.

He arrived at Everton as a DM, was one of the best players in the league in that position and really only moved forward out of necessity.

hope we don't panic-buy anyone in January. just freshen up the attack and hold off on the rebuilding till the summer. Hopefully the Fat Spanish Waiter guides us to top 4 position and Jose or Pep comes in to sort our mess. We are high on individual talent. We need to build a team and a philosophy now. Jose or Pep will have a better idea on the personnel they want here and the rebuilding is best left to the summer

Need more? here's the formation they are using: http://www1.skysports.com/football/live/match/261613/teams

True, but he's only played there this season otherwise he's been one of the double pivot. He says he sees himself as a CM/DM and that's where I'd prefer him to play.

Sorry, but whilst you're correct about where he is playing right now, he hasn't played in that position for the entirety of his career.

He arrived at Everton as a DM, was one of the best players in the league in that position and really only moved forward out of necessity.

For his entire career he wasnt a world class DM or anything near it, "one of the best players in the league in that position", that doesnt say much. it doesnt say he can play this role in a bigger team than Everton. And even when he did play DM, he played with another DM next to him, so how exactly do you think he could handle being a single DM in a team like Chelsea? this is so far from being realistic, youre assuming he can do things he doesnt do.

Isn't Dzagoev available on a bosman? Or has he signed a new contract?

It's blatant that we need good, solid rotation options for Hazard/Oscar/Mata and he'd be perfect in my opinion.

He supports Chelsea (apparently), is Russian (Roman likey :wub: ) and I'm pretty sure we had solid interest in him last season.

For his entire career he wasnt a world class DM or anything near it, "one of the best players in the league in that position", that doesnt say much. it doesnt say he can play this role in a bigger team than Everton. And even when he did play DM, he played with another DM next to him, so how exactly do you think he could handle being a single DM in a team like Chelsea? this is so far from being realistic, youre assuming he can do things he doesnt do.

Sorry, but weren't you earlier suggesting that we buy Capoue and play him there despite him only ever having played for Toulouse?

That sounds somewhat inconsistent, although it's nice that you now acknowledge that he has at least played in the DM role in the past. :yay:

My solution is that we don't have to take players from good teams for a big amount of money, my solution is the same as mourinhos, take players that are hungry. I do like the suggestion of Moutinho although he's expensive.