Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

38 minutes ago, King Kante said:

I don't think the €80m was the issue, it is the reduction of the wage bill by 20-25% that is. Because, lets be real, no one is buying deadwood these days. Hakimi at a guess probably represents about 5% max of their wage bill, so there will be more I suspect. 

That said, €60m is about £50m which sounds reasonable when you consider Chilwell and Cancelo etc. 

A lot of reports saying it's both. They basically need to make up the €80 million. Reducing wages as part of selling players will help obviously but the bulk of the money will have to come from a sale and Inter reportedly only one eyeing major sale.

1 hour ago, King Kante said:

Yeah, his size was always a concern for me, although more for the being out muscled rather than fitness/knocks. 

£105m is crazy though, if he drops off the cliff like Hazard and Bale have done after a year or two that is some serious $$$ to eat yet again. 

more like £125m if you add in the agent fees, and bonuses

it's madness

3 hours ago, Jas said:

A lot of reports saying it's both. They basically need to make up the €80 million. Reducing wages as part of selling players will help obviously but the bulk of the money will have to come from a sale and Inter reportedly only one eyeing major sale.

Well considering the owners of Inter folded their Chinese side, just after they won the league, I reckon it may be both are required absolutely. Be amazed if they only sell the one big player. 

6 hours ago, King Kante said:

Well considering the owners of Inter folded their Chinese side, just after they won the league, I reckon it may be both are required absolutely. Be amazed if they only sell the one big player. 

Guess it depends on how much they get for selling the first big player. 

Inter have set their price for Achraf Hakimi at €80m including add-ons. PSG, Bayern and Chelsea remain interested with the French club being favourite to land the Moroccan. Incase if Hakimi sold, Emerson Royal will be his replacement at Inter.

Edited by Blues Forever

27 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Not messing around....

Jurgen Klopp “not planning” to sign replacement for Gini Wijnaldum

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2021/05/wijnaldum-transfer-klopp-tielemans-bissouma/

Despite Gini Wijnaldum making 51 appearances for Liverpool in his final season, there are reportedly no plans to bring in a replacement for the departing Dutchman.

Wijnaldum broke his personal record for games played for the Reds in 2020/21, bringing his overall tally to 237 before he announced his decision to leave.

The midfielder is poised to join Barcelona on a free transfer, having spent the last five years at Anfield, winning the Premier League, Champions League, Club World Cup and UEFA Super Cup.

He was an indispensable figure for Jurgen Klopp, and leaves big shoes to fill as one of the first names on the teamsheet week in, week out.

But according to the Press Association, Liverpool are “not planning” to sign a replacement for Wijnaldum, with Klopp instead looking in-house for a successor to his No. 5.

The manager “feels he has enough options in that area,” with Jordan Henderson, Fabinho and Thiago joined by squad players Curtis Jones, Naby Keita, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and James Milner.

It is likely that Jones will see his exposure increase next season, if no player is brought in, with the 20-year-old having impressed in his 34 outings for Liverpool last term.

However, with understandable question marks over the fitness of Keita and Oxlade-Chamberlain, and with Henderson, Thiago and Milner all on the wrong side of 30, it may be a gamble to not bring in another body.

Klopp could look further into his academy ranks for another candidate, with Jake Cain and Leighton Clarkson having trained regularly with the first team throughout last season, but that would again come with a risk.

Liverpool have been linked with a move for Brighton’s Yves Bissouma in recent months, but The Athletic’s James Pearce claims the Malian is “not a target.”

Other midfielders touted with a switch to Merseyside are Leicester’s Youri Tielemans, Lyon’s Houssem Aouar, Lille’s Renato Sanches and Borussia Monchengladbach’s Denis Zakaria.

Youri Tielemans

Houssem Aouar

would worry me if they go there

the rest, meh

On 29/05/2021 at 12:33, Blues Forever said:

Inter have set their price for Achraf Hakimi at €80m including add-ons. PSG, Bayern and Chelsea remain interested with the French club being favourite to land the Moroccan. Incase if Hakimi sold, Emerson Royal will be his replacement at Inter.

they are on crack

no one is shelling out €80m for Hakimi in this COVID market

but fuck

this is the first time I have seen anyone mention my 3rd favourite RB target (after Nuno Mendes and Hakimi) Emerson Royal

I am keeping an eye on

cea6a89ee7f9742ed8f873053e5b140f.png

as well

Devyne Rensch » Internationals » World Cup

and

a84c61d7c118519167ff7241b1d94915.png

Ligue 1 - 4e journée - Brandon Soppy, l'autre jeune promesse du Stade  Rennais - France Football

and (youngest American to ever start a Serie A game)

c854d4acf8d538d6544fdff077cb70b9.png

Bryan Reynolds Becomes Youngest American to Start in Serie A - Stars and  Stripes FC

Edited by Vesper

On 29/05/2021 at 12:36, Blues Forever said:

He is going to go down in history as the player who made Conte snap and leave Inter days after winning the Scudetto

the Chinese mafia told him to GTFO when he asked for de Paul

On 28/05/2021 at 21:08, Vesper said:

€125m (likely over €150m once bonuses and agent fees are counted) for a 29yo (in 3 weeks) LB/CB who will insist on playing DMF (where you already have the the 2nd best, arguably, (after Kimmich) on the planet in Casemiro) is madness

completely dead money

his value plummets after this season

as a CB he is so dependent on pace, and that will start to go after 2 years or so, plus he is not a large lad (slender and only 1.80m, and I think more like 1.78m) so is likely to start to get injured more too, and is vulnerable to crosses

as a 24-25yo LB, hell yes, he is worth that for 5 years

not now IMHO

Main advantage of Alaba is he is able to cover for 3 positions that Real is very thin - backup for LB (Marcelo sucks badly), backup for CDM/CM (because of Valverde problems they run Casemiro, Modric and Kross to the ground) and backup for CB (with Varane and Ramos its hard to predict how they will look here next season). Saying that I still agree it's crazy money for Alaba.

17 hours ago, ulvhedin said:

Main advantage of Alaba is he is able to cover for 3 positions that Real is very thin - backup for LB (Marcelo sucks badly), backup for CDM/CM (because of Valverde problems they run Casemiro, Modric and Kross to the ground) and backup for CB (with Varane and Ramos its hard to predict how they will look here next season). Saying that I still agree it's crazy money for Alaba.

For sure, Alaba reduces the need for a extra squad player. Only problem is that he is 29, one bad injury and he could be done and Real are on the hook for €125m. 

20 minutes ago, Patrick Bamford said:

That could mean Messi will stay at Barcelona.

However, it's hard to make sense of Barcelona. I know they are skint and it's Aguero but they have just signed another 30+ year old with no resale value and no doubt on a big wage onto an already ageing squad. Add that with the other rumored incomings of Wijnaldum, Depay? It just makes an absolute mess of a squad.

12 minutes ago, Jas said:

That could mean Messi will stay at Barcelona.

However, it's hard to make sense of Barcelona. I know they are skint and it's Aguero but they have just signed another 30+ year old with no resale value and no doubt on a big wage onto an already ageing squad. Add that with the other rumored incomings of Wijnaldum, Depay? It just makes an absolute mess of a squad.