Jump to content
Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub


Hamilton
 Share
Followers 11

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

People keep saying we lack goals from midfielders but fun fact: Chelsea midfielders this season scored 18 goals. Liverpool's 8. Maybe we lack goals from strikers. 

Fair enough, but it is one of those stats that can be very misleading.

I used Rakitic as an example, who not only is a constant goal threat, but happens to come alive at the toughest matches on the highest stage.

Ross and RLC scored some goals at home against some low PL outfit, but when we play the big ones, our midfield tends to be too quiet. Kante is the only real goal threat, and that's not really good enough at this level. Caveat on the development of Ross and esp RLC though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 26.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

BREAKING NEWS: Liverpool and Dortmund have reached an agreement over the transfer of Reus. They've agreed it's never going to happen. [emoji23]

It reminds me the day when we signed Hector and Djilobodji on the same day.

"BREAKING: Gonzalo Higuian fails medical at Arsenal due to asthma because of the dust coming from the Trophy Cabinet"

Posted Images

On 12/29/2018 at 3:47 AM, Vesper said:

HG targets (for better or worse) for us to meet quota

GK Angus Gunn

GK Nick Pope

CB Nathan Aké (via buyback clause)

CB Declan Rice

CB Reece Oxford

CB Fikayo Tomori (maybe promoted to our main squad)

CB Ezri Konsa (Brentford)

LB Ryan Sessegnon (he would certainly be an upgrade, but will cost a bloody fortune)

LB Ben Chilwell (insane valuation, £50m! and Shitty might pay that! In his defence, he is better IMHO than Luke Shaw and looked great for England)

LB Luke Shaw (meh)

LB Rico Henry (Brentford)

RB Reece James (promoted to our main squad, has star potential from what I see)

RB Aaron Wan-Bissaka (super pacey, an interesting player, shame he is not a LB)

RB Ola Aina (ours and has looked great for Torino, but they are buying him perm)

RB Max Aarons (Norwich)

RB James Justin (Luton Town)

CMF Aaron Ramsey (zero clue where he ends up, I think outside the UK)

CMF Lewis Cook (if we HAD to buy an English MF, we should have purchased him over Drinkwater, but a no for me, plus he blew his knee out badly, is done for the year, which is a huge blow for Bournemouth)

CMF Morgan Gibbs-White (looked the dogs bollocks versus us, I am game for a grab!)

CMF George Lapslie (Charlton)

AMF Mason Mount (promoted to main squad, so hope he comes good in a huge way)

AMF James Maddison (I actually rate him a bit, looks dangerous every time I see him, NOT saying he is Chels level yet)

AMF Jack Grealish  (no no no, just based on his hair!)

AMF Eberechi Eze (QPR)

LW Jadon Sancho (Shitty has right of first refusal, so zero chance, he would be a terror in Sarriball)

LW Ollie Watkins (Brentford)

RW Wilfried Zaha

RW Reiss Nelson (would love to grab him from Arse, but zero chance)

CF Marcus Rashford (they would never sell to us)

CF Romelu Lukaku (he is actually homegrown, but hell NO)

CF Callum Wilson (bad knees and a meh)

CF Dominic Calvert-Lewin (meh)

CF Tammy Abraham

 

Have made a copy to check them out Ron. Ta for the reminder ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

People keep saying we lack goals from midfielders but fun fact: Chelsea midfielders this season scored 18 goals. Liverpool's 8. Maybe we lack goals from strikers. 

I come up with 17 goals (BUT one of the 17,  RLC's, came as a RW)

so 16 total

one of them was a pen

so 15 from open play or free kicks

of those only 9 were league goals

that is from all seven MF's  (Drinkwater and van Ginkel have not even played in the league) we have had on the roster this season

11 total assists, 10 in the league

that is WOEFUL production

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Have made a copy to check them out Ron. Ta for the reminder ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

the ones I rate as actual top level talent atm

GK Angus Gunn

CB Nathan Aké (via buyback clause)

CB Declan Rice (DMF as well)

LB Ryan Sessegnon

LB Ben Chilwell 

RB Reece James (promoted to our main squad, has star potential from what I see)

RB Aaron Wan-Bissaka (super pacey, an interesting player, shame he is not a LB)

RB Ola Aina (ours and has looked great for Torino, but they are buying him perm)

RB Max Aarons (Norwich) <<< mad potential, I would go for him if we miss out on Wan-Bissaka

CMF Aaron Ramsey (zero clue where he ends up, I think outside the UK)

CMF Lewis Cook (if we HAD to buy an English MF, we should have purchased him over Drinkwater, but a no for me, plus he blew his knee out badly, is done for the year, which is a huge blow for Bournemouth) <<< we shall have to see how he recovers

AMF James Maddison (I actually rate him a bit, looks dangerous every time I see him, NOT saying he is Chels level yet)

LW Jadon Sancho (Shitty has right of first refusal, so zero chance, he would be a terror in Sarriball)

RW Wilfried Zaha

RW Reiss Nelson (would love to grab him from Arse, but zero chance)

CF Marcus Rashford (they would never sell to us)

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Vesper said:

the ones I rate as actual top level talent atm

GK Angus Gunn

CB Nathan Aké (via buyback clause)

CB Declan Rice (DMF as well)

LB Ryan Sessegnon

LB Ben Chilwell 

RB Reece James (promoted to our main squad, has star potential from what I see)

RB Aaron Wan-Bissaka (super pacey, an interesting player, shame he is not a LB)

RB Ola Aina (ours and has looked great for Torino, but they are buying him perm)

RB Max Aarons (Norwich) <<< mad potential, I would go for him if we miss out on Wan-Bissaka

CMF Aaron Ramsey (zero clue where he ends up, I think outside the UK)

CMF Lewis Cook (if we HAD to buy an English MF, we should have purchased him over Drinkwater, but a no for me, plus he blew his knee out badly, is done for the year, which is a huge blow for Bournemouth) <<< we shall have to see how he recovers

AMF James Maddison (I actually rate him a bit, looks dangerous every time I see him, NOT saying he is Chels level yet)

LW Jadon Sancho (Shitty has right of first refusal, so zero chance, he would be a terror in Sarriball)

RW Wilfried Zaha

RW Reiss Nelson (would love to grab him from Arse, but zero chance)

CF Marcus Rashford (they would never sell to us)

 

Do you understand what I was trying to say mate? Or agree at all?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Do you understand what I was trying to say mate? Or agree at all?

I think it only comes into play at a DEEP psychological level if a player is still with their youth club

I dont put a whole lot of weight into it anymore

Look at CHO for an example that blows even that link out

He is probably going to do us hard and he is as local as they come

I don't see how a Geordie (for example) would be any more proud to where our crest than a Portuguese of the same age with same time in the EPL

Different people are motivated by different things

Look at Mertens at Napoli

he is full blown Neapolitan culture and pride now

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vesper said:

I come up with 17 goals (BUT one of the 17,  RLC's, came as a RW)

so 16 total

one of them was a pen

so 15 from open play or free kicks

of those only 9 were league goals

that is from all seven MF's  (Drinkwater and van Ginkel have not even played in the league) we have had on the roster this season

11 total assists, 10 in the league

that is WOEFUL production

 

 

Maybe you didn't list Fabregas goal? Milner scored some penalties as well.  Anyway I agree it's not enough and I also want new addition. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NikkiCFC said:

Maybe you didn't list Fabregas goal? 

ahhhhhh

BINGO

that said

it was not an EPL goal

and that takes the total to EIGHT MFers on the roster

also I must still say

STUPID move selling Cesc

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Jason said:

Time to throw 50m for Tadic in the summer. :ph34r:

Haha in half season with Ajax he scored more goals than in three full seasons with the Saints. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Haha in half season with Ajax he scored more goals than in three full seasons with the Saints. 

perfect example of a great player whose game is a bad fit for the EPL

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Bayern Munich targeting Arsenal’s Xavier Amaechi

http://dailycannon.com/2019/03/bayern-munich-targeting-arsenals-xavier-amaechi/

 

Football.London claim Bayern have a ‘long-standing admiration’ of the teenage winger, and they’re far from the only ones. 14 Bundesliga clubs were reportedly in attendance for the Premier League 2 match between Arsenal and Swansea, as well as Spanish, French and Italian clubs. Not all were following Amaechi, but many would’ve been.

Scouts were certainly everywhere in the crowd on Monday night. Everywhere you looked there were people with notebooks scribbling details down. Amaechi didn’t disappoint either, proving one of Arsenal’s brightest sparks on the night.

Having watched Amaechi rise from the u18s to the u23s over the last couple of seasons, I’d argue Amaechi could turn out to be even better than Gnabry. He’s fast, he can dribble, he has tonnes of skills in his locker, his crossing is excellent even when you give him almost no room to work with, and he can finish chances when you give them to him.

snip

 

left-footed RW, exactly what they do not have come summer, and it is not fair to compare him to Gnabry, as Gnabry is being forced to play out of position at RW atm and still doing very very well (tracking to 16 goals plus, 10 assists plus if he had full time minutes played)

I still have no idea why Bayern are soooo hot for CHO, as he is clearly a LW, and they have 2 superb players there already (Coman and Gnabry, plus another 18yo LW they just bought in Alphonso Davies)

 

 

btw, this happened today as well:

Serge Gnabry signs Bayern Munich contract extension until 2023

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11890/11655661/serge-gnabry-signs-bayern-munich-contract-extension-until-2023

Link to post
Share on other sites

Robert Skov: 5 Things to Know About the Tottenham, Watford, Wolves & West Ham Transfer Target

22 Goals in 24 league games (24 total goals) at right winger (he also is pure ambipedal)

22yo at 190.png?lm=1518117389

https://www.90min.com/posts/6312194-robert-skov-5-things-to-know-about-the-tottenham-watford-wolves-west-ham-transfer-target

Following a run of just one point in three Premier League games, Mauricio Pochettino has conceded that Tottenham's title challenge this season is over.

 

One of the main causes of this perceived collapse is the sheer lack of squad depth that Spurs' possess, having not made a single signing over the past two transfer windows.

 

As reported Sky Sports, one man that has been linked with a move to north London to add to that depth is Danish winger Robert Skov. The 22-year-old Copenhagen star has seriously impressed this season, and has also been linked with Watford, Wolves and West Ham. With this in mind, here are five things you need to know about Skov.

1. He Is Seven Goals Clear in The Danish Superliga Golden Boot Race.

Despite playing on the right-wing, Skov has scored an amazing 22 goals in 24 league appearances this appearances this season. Remarkable when you consider that he only scored 23 goals in 102 games for his previous club Silkeborg. Skov has also contributed eight assists for his side this season, and the young wingers huge goal contribution this season has helped Copenhagen go three points clear at the top of the Superliga. 

2. He Is A Free Kick Specialist

FBL-EUR-C3-COPENHAGEN-BORDEAUX

 

Seven of Skov's 22 goals this season have been direct free kicks, including four in his last four matches. A quick search on YouTube will show you the quality and different variety of free kick the young Dane can take. The young man is certainly a dead-ball specialist.

 

snip

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

CIES Football Observatory

n°253 - 06/03/2019

Values

Squad transfer values: English clubs at the top

http://www.football-observatory.com/IMG/sites/b5wp/2018/253/en/

 

Weekly Post number 253 presents the aggregated transfer value of big-5 league clubs. According to the algorithm exclusively developed by the CIES Football Observatory, the estimated value of the squad of five teams is over one billion euro. Four of them are from the Premier League, which reflects the financial power of the English top division. Barcelona is the best-ranked non-English team.

The total transfer value of Manchester City players is almost €1.5 billion. This figure is one time and a half higher than the transfer fees spent to assemble the squad. However, this capital gain is only hypothetical insofar a team like Manchester City wants to win trophies rather than releasing its best footballers. In addition, within the current inflationary context, possible replacements are far more expensive than their predecessors.

The squad transfer value of four teams of the table is more than three times greater than the sums spent in transfer indemnities to recruit current players: Olympique Lyonnais (15th,  x3.3), Real Sociedad (31st, x3.4), LOSC Lille (37th, x3.2) and Real Betis (38th, x3.1). Well-established in the top division league of their country of belonging, these clubs have an equally well-established business model relying on the promotion of talents. The estimates for all big-5 league players are available on the CIES Football Observatory website.

wp253360x240.jpg?crc=4112885007

Transfer expenditure to assemble the squad and aggregate transfer value (million €)

Big-5 league clubs - without players on loan

f6fe46bce29c258216ecf0b2d6bacc6f.png795fe774b1914bb5cdffe6d796e60614.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Vesper said:

CIES Football Observatory

n°253 - 06/03/2019

Values

Squad transfer values: English clubs at the top

http://www.football-observatory.com/IMG/sites/b5wp/2018/253/en/

 

Weekly Post number 253 presents the aggregated transfer value of big-5 league clubs. According to the algorithm exclusively developed by the CIES Football Observatory, the estimated value of the squad of five teams is over one billion euro. Four of them are from the Premier League, which reflects the financial power of the English top division. Barcelona is the best-ranked non-English team.

The total transfer value of Manchester City players is almost €1.5 billion. This figure is one time and a half higher than the transfer fees spent to assemble the squad. However, this capital gain is only hypothetical insofar a team like Manchester City wants to win trophies rather than releasing its best footballers. In addition, within the current inflationary context, possible replacements are far more expensive than their predecessors.

The squad transfer value of four teams of the table is more than three times greater than the sums spent in transfer indemnities to recruit current players: Olympique Lyonnais (15th,  x3.3), Real Sociedad (31st, x3.4), LOSC Lille (37th, x3.2) and Real Betis (38th, x3.1). Well-established in the top division league of their country of belonging, these clubs have an equally well-established business model relying on the promotion of talents. The estimates for all big-5 league players are available on the CIES Football Observatory website.

wp253360x240.jpg?crc=4112885007

Transfer expenditure to assemble the squad and aggregate transfer value (million €)

Big-5 league clubs - without players on loan

f6fe46bce29c258216ecf0b2d6bacc6f.png795fe774b1914bb5cdffe6d796e60614.png

Plummeting down that table

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

But on a serious note

We need to overhaul the squad...average and overage players like willian, pedro, luiz, cahill, giroud, drinkwater, barkley etc all need to be sold

 

Young and upcoming stars like wan bissaka, alex telles/ferland mendy, de ligt, nicolas pepe, timo werner, fekir, ndombele need to be brought in for a stable and long lasting team

Link to post
Share on other sites

I know Chelsea do not sign straight from South America unless it is to loan players forever, but the board could take a look in Everton, winger from Gremio. He is an upgrade in Willian  much better finisher and already replaced Willian in the Brazilian NT. Players from Gremio are cheap because they dont have too much media there. He probably would cost 25/30 millions.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...