Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

Well there's one player we won't be getting -

Sneijder has apparently agreed to join PSG.

He'll earn 6m euros a year w/bonuses on a contract which runs until 2016.

Earlier today, before these details surfacing, there were rumours of AC Milan trying to get Pastore on loan from PSG.

anyone here think Diame=Yaya Toure or has the capabilities to?

I mean both have the same physical appearance when dribbling and both are strong on the ball. Both play in CM, Not to mention that they are both incredibly slow with the ball lmao. But in all seriousness whoever picks this lad up will really have a nice gem on their hands, West Ham will have to fear the worst come Jan because im sure their will be plenty suitors.

Well there's one player we won't be getting -

Sneijder has apparently agreed to join PSG.

He'll earn 6m euros a year w/bonuses on a contract which runs until 2016.

Earlier today, before these details surfacing, there were rumours of AC Milan trying to get Pastore on loan from PSG.

Psg is doing great job I think. They buy reasonable (big, but in right areas). In their first season, they come through group of CL (City couldnt do it in second year), they have great coach and a very balanced team of hard workers, experience and youth as well creativity. Pastore might be a bit off, but Carlo did good job this year. Even Lavezzi is doing fine recently, despite big problems in beggining. If PSG signs Sneijder they will have big chance to go far this season. They remind me of Chelsea since Roman tok it over. They spend even more, but prices gone up too and they have very balanced team, like we had since 2003-2012. I think in CL, they will be regular competitors for high spots, dont forget that they will get Lucas in winter (and possibly Sneijder?), they also have young Sakho, Matuidi, Veratti,...who can evolve in fantastic players. Ibra and Thiago Silva are top class already, no doubt.

The problem PSG have is if you go there, you're still only playing in the French league. The league simply isn't at the level of other leagues so I think they might have problems down the line.

They first need to win it, then they can worry about the fact Ligue 1 is not challeging! :ph34r:

PSG think they have already won it without even playing, they arent even second. La Liga is also shit, but at least the rivalry makes the two giants focus on every single game...

The problem PSG have is if you go there, you're still only playing in the French league. The league simply isn't at the level of other leagues so I think they might have problems down the line.

i think the opposing thing could be the players they attract, and if their all about $$$ then they won't have problem in my mind. TBH i had that notion in my mind that majority of PSG new players were there for the $$$ because i couldn't come to grips with what else they would be there for. Unless Marsielle, Lyon or just somebody can be a legitimate rival then i yeah i'd agree with PSG facing problems down the line and money would no longer be an incentive.

EDIT: @Rmpr, beat me to the punchline.

anyone here think Diame=Yaya Toure or has the capabilities to?

I mean both have the same physical appearance when dribbling and both are strong on the ball. Both play in CM, Not to mention that they are both incredibly slow with the ball lmao. But in all seriousness whoever picks this lad up will really have a nice gem on their hands, West Ham will have to fear the worst come Jan because im sure their will be plenty suitors.

True. Some similarities in strength, the way they move with the ball foward, ball control. I'm not sure of his passing compared to yayatoure though.

True. Some similarities in strength, the way they move with the ball foward, ball control. I'm not sure of his passing compared to yayatoure though.

Agreed he's a poor mans version

Like a basic BMW looks the part but fuck all inside, what we need is the M version :)

Sad but true!

I've been sayin Busquets (biscuits as I call him) for a while now - he would be ideal, him and Falcao :)

PSG is not doing that good in french league due to lack of ambition in there. What matters if they win, they probably saying to themselves. CL is another story, they give 110% in the games, also Carlo is very good manager and tactician. If they fall out of CL, they will do what its necessary to at least win League 1, but its not their ''priority''. They want to go further as possible in CL, you can see that.

Agreed he's a poor mans version

Like a basic BMW looks the part but fuck all inside, what we need is the M version :)

Sad but true!

I've been sayin Busquets (biscuits as I call him) for a while now - he would be ideal, him and Falcao :)

True, a calm defensive passer will do for us nicely:)

why not? they would if they have high hopes for Thiago and Jonathan Dos Santos. Plus they have Song, Mascherano and Fabregas and those two other guys Xavi and Iniesta i think there called. For £30 mil for a player in a position where they have ridiculous amounts of talent i think they would be willing to sell him if Busquets wants to leave.

If they sell him to us they would still have the best Midfield in the world + £30 mil to strengthen that midfield further if they want.

Neither Mascherano or Song perform the role as well as Busquets, which is why he starts almost all of their games. Mascherano is mostly used as a centre-back and Song was bought as a back-up to Busquets but still hasn't quite settled in well. All of the other players you mentioned have completely different roles in the team.

No way would Barcelona sell him.

I can't speak for Busquets at all. But he could be an ambitious fellow that wants to prove himself outside of Barcelona. He could be growing too content about playing in La Liga, and deserves a change of scenery to bring something new to his overall game.

But the same could be said for any player.

Rafinha Alcantara could eventualy replace Busquets, but Barca wont sell Sergio, probably

never. Busquets will remain loyal (as Iniesta, Xavi, Puyol,...) and Barca doesnt need to sell him, even an offer for 40mio comes in...

Rafinah Alcantara is a different player. Can play as a false 9, #10, on the wings or as a CM. Not a DM though. I think Thiago might end up being used as a DM tbh, I don't think hes a CAM as some people think, hes more a CM in my eyes.

I heard a lot of rumors about Sneijder to Ac Milan too On a free transfer (Funny to think that 40mil plus would have been like 2 odd years ago XD), So it is a kind of merry go round for sneijder atm (Anzhi were sniffing around too, suprised i didn't hear much about man city), I doubt we would land sneijder, but i'd be pretty happy if we did.

Analysing our options - to get a better idea so that people stop saying Hummels, Witsel and Falcao. We will have to overpay by a lot to get them

---Defenders---

Martin Skrtel, Mehdi Benatia, Mats Hummels, Angelo Ogbonna, Daniel Agger have all signed extensions to their contracts recently and have existing deals that run up 2016-17

2 viable options for us to try are Hummels' team-mate : Neven Subotic(expiring 2014) and Andrea Ranocchia (2015)

--Mids--

Axel Witsel was mentioned a few days ago but he has a running contract upto 2017 and I don't see Zenit agreeing to a cut-price deal. Wesley Sneijder has apparently agreed to join PSG

Yohan Cabaye, Sergio Busquets and Marouane Fellaini don't have long left in their contracts (expiring 2015) also, Joao Moutinho contract runs out in 2014

--Strikers--

Demba Ba - http://metro.co.uk/2...calate-3246776/

has a release clause of 7.5 mil and contract runs out in 2014

Klaas Jan Huntelaar - out of contract in the summer (expiring 2013) - will decide future in January although Arsenal seem to be ahead of us in the race for his signature

Loic Remy - Contract up until 2015

Wilfried Bony - contract till 2015 and Vitesse are our feeder club. Should be no problem if we do want him

Radamel Falcao - the man on everyone's lips - contract runs out in 2016. unsure whether we can afford him now with reports of a 48mil GBP release-clause

-source:transfermarkt

Analysing our options - contract wise

---Defenders---

Martin Skrtel, Mehdi Benatia, Mats Hummels, Angelo Ogbonna, Daniel Agger have all signed extensions to their contracts recently and have existing deals that run up 2016-17

2 viable options for us to try are Hummels' team-mate : Neven Subotic(expiring 2014) and Andrea Ranocchia (2015)

--Mids--

Axel Witsel was mentioned a few days ago but he has a running contract upto 2017 and I don't see Zenit agreeing to a cut-price deal. Wesley Sneijder has apparently agreed to join PSG

Yohan Cabaye, Sergio Busquets and Marouane Fellaini don't have long left in their contracts (expiring 2015) also, Joao Moutinho contract runs out in 2014

--Strikers--

Demba Ba - http://metro.co.uk/2...calate-3246776/

has a release clause of 7.5 mil and contract runs out in 2014

Klaas Jan Huntelaar - out of contract in the summer (expiring 2013) - will decide future in January although Arsenal seem to be ahead of us in the race for his signature

Loic Remy - Contract up until 2015

Wilfried Bony - contract till 2015 and Vitesse are our feeder club. Should be no problem if we do want him

Radamel Falcao - the man on everyone's lips - contract runs out in 2016. unsure whether we can afford him now with reports of a 48mil GBP release-clause

- We don't need defenders until jt and cole are still here.

- Midfield is the place where we need the most help. I really want us to get dembele last summer. Axel witsel = too expensive. Cabaya can be interesting if we can get him

- Striker : I think huntelaar/lewandowski are reasonable targets