Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

It'll be intriguing to see how Ronaldo copes with the grind of English football again at 36 years old.

It will no doubt give United a massive shot in the arm in the short term with such a talismanic figure.

However it doesn't sort out their midfield which continues to be ignored by Ole, and besides their attacking options they look pretty lightweight in depth around areas of their squad (certainly quality depth).

I still believe if we can add Kounde and Saul (or an equivalent central midfielder) in this window, we'll have the strongest and most balanced squad across Europe.

4 hours ago, Mana said:

That's partly because we never faced Real Madrid in 2 decades, and the time that we FINALLY did he was in Juventus.

But that could sadly change now.

Correction: it was mainly because we had Ashley Cole.

4 hours ago, Vegetable said:

While he is completly tactially unfit for City, he's talented diver, so United seems right choice, welcome more penalties because penalties 

Hmm..that's the only thing that  bothers me. He will  become the PL poster boy again. VAR...

2 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Utd swooping in to sign Ronaldo just brings back memories of Sanchez & Fred deals. Deal makes little sense aside from the sentimental factor. 

How was there a pre-existing sentimental relation with Fred or Sanchez? 

27 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

I hope Perez and Mbappe got pissed and decide to make a move for free next summer. PSG is acting like he has 3 or 4 years left on contract.

obviously, 180 million euros is nothing for qatar psg.

Edited by whats happening

3 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

How was there a pre-existing sentimental relation with Fred or Sanchez? 

No, I meant them hijacking both deals from City.

The second point was just me referring to Ronaldo's deal.