Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

Chelsea will announce £4.5m signing of Brazilian wonderkid Nathan on Wednesday in a move to come as a significant blow to #MCFC (Mail) #CFC

The dazzling attacking midfielder, Nathan, has been in London for talks with the Blues this week and passed a medical in London. (Mail) #CFC

Nathan is seen as the next big thing in South American football and touches down in the capital with an ever-growing reputation. (Mail) #CFC

The staggering potential of Nathan, who can play as a secondary striker, means he could feature in Mourinho’s first team next season. (Mail)

I guess that's a good point. And I guess it always seems to be his hamstring so the label injury prone wouldn't be unfair. But I guess that's for our scouting/medical team to say.

My counter to that would be their respective ages (22 vs 29) as a big plus for Jovetic but you do make a good point.

It is fine to have slightly older players on the team. We have a good base of good young players. Costa is only 26, and will be here for a long time. Getting Dzeko would be a solid pick up and simply one of the players that cycles through the team over the years. He isn't a player that will most likely stay here for too long, but you always need to have mercenaries come through the team, do the job, and then be on their way. Dzeko here for 2 or 3 years is a great option. Then he is 32, Diego is 29ish, then you sign another striker, and repeat the process while developing the younger ones.

Any central midfielders or central attacking midfielders we want to buy must be Spanish. They're more intelligent than most footballers, and have the best passers especially in midfield.

I can see why you're saying that, but there are a lot of CMs and AMs with that "Spanish style" you're talking about even when they're not Spanish. And there's a very little amount of Spanish midfielders we could buy atm (Koke...).

Tbh if Gundogan can look good until the end of the season it will be a great buy for us, imo better than Koke, he's more "Spanish" than Koke.

I can see why you're saying that, but there are a lot of CMs and AMs with that "Spanish style" you're talking about even when they're not Spanish. And there's a very little amount of Spanish midfielders we could buy atm (Koke...).

Tbh if Gundogan can look good until the end of the season it will be a great buy for us, imo better than Koke, he's more "Spanish" than Koke.

He has that modric /thiago mobility I love. But let's hope he comes back to his original form. It could be a steal

I just heard Dortmund have called a press conference by 12.30 UK time about rumors of Klopp quiting Dortmund.

Surely this is our chance to get reus. A former german player of the year and world-class on his day...

Keeping an eye on whether Gundogan is back to his best too

He has that modric /thiago mobility I love. But let's hope he comes back to his original form. It could be a steal

Or maybe, let's hope that he doesn't which might scare off alternative suitors who are not able to afford to take a risk. Perhaps we wouldn't risk signing a player who may never return to what he once was, but in absolute, as well as in FFP, terms we could certainly afford to.

he is one of the best defenders in the world. considering reus is 50mil pounds, hummels is easily 30mil pounds.

also, he is just 26.

He is very overrated by some which i don't understand. Thought i think if you liked Luiz characteristics you will like Hummels also but i surely wouldn't take him over guys like Varane, Stones or Hawedes, not even before Pique for that matter..