Who's Content

I don't recall who and where, but someone has recently criticized André for the fact four players from the Old Guard are still making the first team, i.e. Ashley, Cech, Terry and Drogba.

Peter Cech - Who can complain ? He is one of the best keeper in the world, he is still pretty young for a goal keeper. And, would you rather have Hillario or Turnball between the posts ?

John Terry - Who can play instead of him ? Alex, who has since the summer his head out of the club and makes mistake after mistake ? Or perhaps Ivanovic, who clearly looks out of position when playing in the center of the defense. Oh, while we're at it, maybe try Chalobah, who has yet to grown a beard...

Didier Drogba - Honestly, would you play this £50 million pound Ladyboy who has left his heart at Anfield ? Lukaku isn't still ready, he is too raw and needs to be polished.

Ashley Cole - Okay for this one. We have two young left back who are bound to become pretty good, so we can say the LB spot should be given to a new generation.

All in all, with the squad he has at disposal, in my honest opinion he has done well to "get rid" of the old guard.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not avarage enough to lost a match against QPR, and a huge defeat against Arsenal at SB.

FFS. Come on Henrique, I really do expect better of you.

We sealed our title hopes after the losses to QPR/Man U/Arse and Liverpool.

We lost all four due to a high line.

So a certain somebody was inderectly responsible.

I'll bite. Pray tell me, in what perverse way was the high line the reason of our defeat to Manchester United?

A complete overhaul isn't something that's done in two or three months.

We've wasted last season because the board was stupid enough to think that we don't need new players after the Double winning season and now we are in a difficult situation hence why Andre has to make very wise moves in transfer market.

I still believe Andre is a superb manager, one who knows this game to details.

Chelsea today is another club. Dont come with this argument: Chelsea before Roman did not had the same success, so we must be happy with 4th place, avarage football because before ít would be a dream to be in such position.

A City fan must ask for trophies because of the amount of money they are spending and the players are receiving. The money this players and VB receive is also anywhere near it was before Roman.

Shame on you.

Don't be so pathetic. Just because we now have money and some of the best players in the world doesn't mean we should demand success every single time especially now we're looking for a different type of success with different players and a different style.

Shame on yourself for demanding so much from a team and criticising the team and management for trying to make a change and you not having the patience for them to implement it.

Don't be so pathetic. Just because we now have money and some of the best players in the world doesn't mean we should demand success every single time especially now we're looking for a different type of success with different players and a different style.

Shame on yourself for demanding so much from a team and criticising the team and management for trying to make a change and you not having the patience for them to implement it.

Meh, boring arguments. If you dont have anything useful to post, dont do it.

The things come to a point that you cant even say you are not satisfied with the season that people start talking bullshit. If you are satisfied, thats your problem. Get out of my back and find someone ele to annoy. Thanks.

Just like Ancelotti did when he arrived in 2009. He gave Drogba the chance to prove himself and Didier scored 30+ goals and won us the league and FA cup

yes because 2 years ago drogba was 31 not 33. john terry 29, ashley cole 29 cech 29. need i go on, people in their 30s don't ALL need to be given 2nd chances their play in years before should stand out.

FFS. Come on Henrique, I really do expect better of you.

I'll bite. Pray tell me, in what perverse way was the high line the reason of our defeat to Manchester United?

From what I can remember long diagonal balls were a giant pain for us throughout the entire game. I believe we are a better side when we are more compact and sit deeper. But yeah, I can see your point that Ramires/Torres misses, two offside goals cost us.

It's pretty difficult to win a game where the ref is blatantly biased to the other team. We were better than QPR with 9 men. Bad reffing was the reason for this defeat.

I believe the only poor call was not to give us a penalty. The Bosingwa call is very debatable, I thought at the time (and still do) that it was correct. Certainly couldn't blame the ref for the decision. Luiz penalty was soft but 100% correct, it was just a very stupid moment from Luiz given that the player wasn't even going anywhere.

And I think we can all agree on Drogs red.

I believe the only poor call was not to give us a penalty. The Bosingwa call is very debatable, I thought at the time (and still do) that it was correct. Certainly couldn't blame the ref for the decision. Luiz penalty was soft but 100% correct, it was just a very stupid moment from Luiz given that the player wasn't even going anywhere.

And I think we can all agree on Drogs red.

We must of been watching a different game then. Bos was not a sending off, the penalty was soft but we had an exact same shout for a pen & never got it. Drogba no excuses that was stupidity on his part. But the ref was giving QPR every decision & we got none. If you can't see Chris Foy is a poor ref, re watch this game & the spurs Stoke game

Under Ancelotti last year, we couldnt score goals to save our lives. Under AVB we cant stop conceding goals to save our lives.

I am content as long as we finish top 4. We are playing well, but like in all the games our finishing is BAD. Arsenal, Man Utd and Spurs games we should have won had our finishing been good.

Its a TRANSITION SEASON!!...Anyone that disagrees can fuck off.

Meh, boring arguments. If you dont have anything useful to post, dont do it.

The things come to a point that you cant even say you are not satisfied with the season that people start talking bullshit. If you are satisfied, thats your problem. Get out of my back and find someone ele to annoy. Thanks.

You're quite an immature guy aren't you? Constantly try to correct others and assert your opinions as truth and if anyone goes against it and successfully counters your argument they're instantly "boring" and "bullshit" arguments.

Grow up please. This is a forum. A difference of opinion is healthy for it.

P.S. you're not Mourinho/Ancelotti etc so stop posting like you're a God of football. You're a fan, just like us all. Not superior.

We must of been watching a different game then. Bos was not a sending off, the penalty was soft but we had an exact same shout for a pen & never got it. Drogba no excuses that was stupidity on his part. But the ref was giving QPR every decision & we got none. If you can't see Chris Foy is a poor ref, re watch this game & the spurs Stoke game

Exactly!! Chris Foy was shocking in that game he lost it really and it seemed for whatever reason to book instead of a warning for the most minor things.And it aint the only game he messed up...

And exactly we lost QPR but we did have 9 men and sod the result we showed such spirit in that game! Heck wasnt so bothered after about the result because bad as it was the players gave it their damn everything!And we were unlucky not to get a point but hey...

At the risk of sounding stupid, I ask again where you have seen "sack AVB or he's not good enough to manage, AVB out, etc etc".

I don't see why people are so confrontational, he asked a question whether we are satisfied with our season so far... And I can see if people are not, because this season is one of the worst point wise in some 6-7 years.

We have 2 more points than we had last season after 17 rounds.

im not content at this point in the season.

Not because we lost against united and all the other teams....

Our loss to qpr was more like a win, considering how we played.

The only reason i am not content is that Avb somehow fails to get players prepared and motivated for most games.... We get battered against many teams in the start of a match, and then are always catching up/.....

And if we score a goal, it suddenly seems like the desire and passion to score another disappears...

If you recall,,,, most of our games that we won, we scored earlyish, and then scored again really late like 86th minute or so/....and a couple of the matches where we couldnt put it to bed, the other team scored and 3 points became 1.... if only avb can keep them motivated and somehow keep the tempo high after we score and from the kickoff, we will be much better off.....We are never the team in a match that comes out all guns blazing.... why does it have to take 20 minutes for us to "SETTLE DOWN"?

That is why i am not content.

The fact is that he is really really young.... In terms of changing the old guard, he is trying.... but why offer drogba a new contract if we are going to change the old guard?