Who's Content

I know this is off topic, but may I know why/how Henrique supports CFC? I have almost never seen him backing up the team/manager/players when things are not flying! Forgive me if I am somehow wrong in this observation!

I think he is just a very pessimistic and cynical person. No offence (of course) to you Henrique, I don't want to be belligerent with you.

I'm not content with the results the club has found these last few months, but I am content with AVB and the direction everything seems to heading.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im content.Had some mega dodgy performances but then those seem to be cancelled out by some not so...

As for AVB doing a pretty good job considering..made some mistakes but end of the day he's young and will learn from them and when he get it right it works so well!!! And doing what we've been after for ages..getting rid of the old and bringing in the young and all...

Gana take time was never gana happen stright away but hopfully we can go on in a good way and all...and actually get some stablity and a chance for a Manager to make the team his own

Content is probably the best word I could use. Sure result-wise we should and could have had 10 points more but our football is no-where near as hopeless as it was last season and I see a change undergoing that should have happened 2 years ago.

My main concern regarding AVB is whether or not will, in the long run, continue being firm (or naive as some would say) regarding the change in the style of play he wants to introduce.

All great managers are tactical chameleons and there are times where results are of pivotal importance (Valencia) but having second-thoughts or changes of heart mid-season is not what is expected of a manager at this level.

I don't know why people are slamming AVB, yes he made some mistakes but he's learned from them.

I don't know any manager who can come in to our club and suddenly make us play great football with the players we have, AVB is trying to do that but we have to give him time. He hasn't really had a full transfer window because for a large portion of it he was evaluating our team.

How long has it been since one of our mangers consistently dropped one of our 'big' players? A long time.

At least he's shown us he has balls.

Also if we still had Carlo we would still be playing the likes of Malouda, Kalou, Anelka... At least AVB recognised their not good enough to be in our starting line up.

So far he's brought in great players, no doubt he will bring in more this Transfer window.

Overall, i think we shouldn't be writing him off already, we all want a transition, that doesn't happen in one day, it takes time.

I am happy with his work so far. Give him time and see what he can do. When we finally have an on form striker who can do it week and week out and a playmaker in the midfield we will start getting much better results.

Mata. Romeu. Meireles. Courtois. Great signings.

We are also in for a 5m swoop for Cahill which is not cheap, it's a bloody steal!

He slapped the press and stood up for his players. I respect that.

To tired to write a long ass post about what he has done so far, but he has my full support.

What is this new philosophy? Getting back to the old 4-3-3 system with Drogba up front when he needed to survive in his job?

Dropping stars that arent playing well, getting rid of the old spine and buying 3 players able to play in the first team was the minimum he could do to not being called a total disaster.

If you are satisfied with his slow "transition", Im not.

tumblr_lwo28lZj2c1qizx72o4_250.gif

Oh yeah another good point..pulled them up on their complete crap stories and set them stright! May not have said always the right things but end of the day enough is enough and something needs to be said and he did

Not avarage enough to lost a match against QPR, and a huge defeat against Arsenal at SB.

Every team, no matter who the coach is, gets a bad result every once in a while. The team also gets amazing results like the ones against City and Valencia.

To be honest I don't know why people are not content with AVB. We need to remember, with all respect to him, that he is not a world class manager yet because he has barely been a manager for 2 years. Despite this, people expect him to be some sort of carbon copy of Mourinho, Hiddink or Ancelotti in his first year when he is still learning and to be challenging for major honours with a squad which was past its sell-by date two years ago.

The media has done him no favours by using his sole success at Porto to try to make him out to be some sort of 34 year old God who will make this ageing squad finish top of the league above a Man City side who have assembled a squad of vast size and superior quality to ours. As impressive as he was at Porto and Nacional, managing a side full of huge egos who feel that they should among the very best in the world is always going to cause problems for a manager a matter of months older than most of the players.

The only thing that I have really faulted avb with was the fact he gave EVERYONE a chance to prove themselves!!

Just like Ancelotti did when he arrived in 2009. He gave Drogba the chance to prove himself and Didier scored 30+ goals and won us the league and FA cup

I am happy with his work so far. Give him time and see what he can do. When we finally have an on form striker who can do it week and week out and a playmaker in the midfield we will start getting much better results.

Mata. Romeu. Meireles. Courtois. Great signings.

We are also in for a 5m swoop for Cahill which is not cheap, it's a bloody steal!

To tired to write a long ass post about what he has done so far, but he has my full support.

It's a deal, It's a steal, It's sale of the fucking century!

Not avarage enough to lost a match against QPR, and a huge defeat against Arsenal at SB.

Well, QPR is something special, since we were down to 9 men (and we have outplayed them), so André is not the culprite. And against Arsenal... I don't think he could have changed something to the fact Bosingwa was absymal (-> the brazilian dude's goal), to the fact that Terry has slipped down, and the fact Malouda didn't track back...

Well, QPR is something special, since we were down to 9 men (and we have outplayed them), so André is not the culprite. And against Arsenal... I don't think he could have changed something to the fact Bosingwa was absymal (-> the brazilian dude's goal), to the fact that Terry has slipped down, and the fact Malouda didn't track back...

All the goals and bosingwa red card (which was completely correct, and nothing will change my opinion on it) were because of the high line