Who's Content

So its near the half way stage of the season and we're 4th with another 5 odd months to go! So who's happy ,truth be told I didn't dare expect much more at the beginning of the season and at present I'm content where we are now. Noone knows what's coming,signings wise in January but I honestly believe that given time avb can make us genuine title contenders again. Yes he can be rash when it comes to the press and sometimes his subs may bewilder people but let's stick with the guy because seriously I think a great future could be ahead given time. Keep the blue flag flying high and carefree! Keep believing

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Desillusioned.

AVB wasnt the manager everybody was expecting, our football is as boring as last season, If not worst.

Small squad, few players able to change a game, no tactical variation. Meireles and Lukaku as our biggest signings in summer.

Press conferences: worse than Carlo

Man-management: worse than Carlo

Tactical nous: worse than Carlo

Motivation: about the same as Carlo

Results: Worse than Carlo's last season

Performances: worse than Carlos last season

Entertainment: as dull as last years

Transfers: better than Carlo's transfers

Not really happy with the appointment, but id rather we give AVB more time now that we already have him.

Desillusioned.

AVB wasnt the manager everybody was expecting, our football is as boring as last season, If not worst.

Small squad, few players able to change a game, no tactical variation. Meireles and Lukaku as our biggest signings in summer.

No. What's delusional is to think that a manager can come into a team, not well known or respected compared to higher profile managers and expect them to make whole changes to the team. That would definitely get the team on his side wouldn't it?

What's more delusional is to expect the manager to turn around a slow, old team, reliant on 30 year olds into a fast, attractive team with flair in 6 months.

With regards to tactical variation? He is the only manager to have the balls to drop Torres and Lampard consistently. He varies between 4-3-3 and 4-2-3-1 if we need more attack and is not afraid to make changes to show who's boss.

He's slowly building his profile and respect up, with which he can implement his tactics easier, not to mention with January coming up there will be the real chance for him to see what's out there and what we need and get it. Lukaku was more of a board purchase. His three other purchases; Romeu, Merieles and Mata have been excellent for us, and Sturridge now given the confidence to be a starter is probably the best English striker at the moment.

To slam AVB for being fourth at the moment given all this is ridiculous and only Chelsea fans who supported them since before Roman days would appreciate what he does and is doing and would give him the time he deserves.

Desillusioned.

but surely your prepared to give him a chance to see what all avb and the changes he makes in January can do for our beloved club

How the fuck can you (more than a few members here) ask for a transition, saying you accept the consequences and then act like a spoiled brat when the overdue transition finally begins because we are in 4th place? AVB has changed the team as much as is possible in a few months.

• He's getting rid of the old spine
  • He's introducing a new philosophy
  • He's brought very good, hungry and fresh players
  • He's dropped the stars thar are underperforming

I have to ask, besides dropping the high line (which he has done), what else do you want from him?

How the fuck can you (more than a few members here) ask for a transition, saying you accept the consequences and then act like a spoiled brat when the overdue transition finally begins because we are in 4th place? AVB has changed the team as much as is possible in a few months.

I have to ask, besides dropping the high line (which he has done), what else do you want from him?

Better results.

Impossible.

Iirc Carlo did not play Terry at the half way line for half a season.

Better results.

Iirc Carlo did not play Terry at the half way line for half a season.

Our losses and draws in the PL so far:

1. Stoke 0 - 0 Chelsea

2. Man Utd 3 - 1 Chelsea

3. QPR 1 - 0 Chelsea

4. Chelsea 3 - 5 Arsenal

5. Chelsea 1 - 2 Liverpool

6. Wigan 1 - 1 Chelsea

7. Tottenham 1 -1 Chelsea

1. Any team finds it difficult to play at Brittannia. At home they drew with United and Tottenham, and beat Arsenal.

2. United at OT. Two offside goals and we played well.

3. I don't actually think I need to write about the QPR game. Chris Foy. And the second half was a tactical masterplan.

4. I unfortunately couldn't see the Arsenal game, so I can't really say anything about that one.

5. We should have won that game. 19 shots against 9. I don't fault AVB for poor finishing.

6. Now the Wigan game is the first game I've been utterly dissappointed with, no desire, it's really the only game I think AVB should've done better with.

7. Tottenham have a very, very good team and there's no shame in getting a draw at WHL. We haven't beaten them in the last 6 games at WHL, and they surely have a better team now then last few years.

That's that, one game that I think AVB screwed up in the PL, against Wigan (Like I said before, I didn't see the Arsenal game).

Regardless of circumstances or referee mistakes, the results are not what people have come to expect from Abramovic era Chelsea.

I'm fairly sure he has the lowest point return from our last 5-6 managers.

The performances have been mediocre as well

Better results.

And for the bad results you're holding only the manager responsible? Countless times have we heard people saying the players aren't good enough to set the world alight.. hell, even Carlo himself said that.

excellent post

And for the bad results you're holding only the manager responsible? Countless times have we heard people saying the players aren't good enough to set the world alight.. hell, even Carlo himself said that.

Under AVB we have:

-poor concentration; this never happened under Carlo and this seasons squad is better

-lack of clinical finishing; something a top team does

-poor discipline; never had this issue with Carlo

Either the players completely declined during this three month period in the summer or he is doing something wrong.

Fucking hell here we go again. Go & develop some fucking patience! How can you expect miracles from one of the poorest Chelsea sides we have had since Roman arrived.

Give a man some fucking time & judge him on what he achieves with his own squad that he gets to build himself.

So yes I'm content with the season so far. But some members on here seriously get a grip.

To slam AVB for being fourth at the moment given all this is ridiculous and only Chelsea fans who supported them since before Roman days would appreciate what he does and is doing and would give him the time he deserves.

Yes, because before Roman you dont knew how was to support a big club.