Chelsea 3-0 Valencia

termninja

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the biggest European game we have played in years (probably since our semi final second leg against Barcelona). Valencia are a very good side, they rested some of their key players at the weekend and do pose a very serious threat. The worry is that with their attacking nature and the amount of talent they have in their team, combined with our defensive instability, you can't help but see Valencia score at least once. I just can't see this ending 0-0 and a score draw means we are out. We have to be at our absolute best to beat this Valencia team.

Cech

Ivanovic, Luiz, Terry, Cole

Ramires, Romeu, Meireles

Sturridge, Drogba, Mata

Luckily our front 3 are in good form, Romeu hopefully will get the nod ahead of Mikel and Meireles or Lampard will be a tough call but its important that when we get possession of the ball we keep it and Meireles does that better than Lampard. I will be optimistic and say 2-1 but I do have a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach that this could be one of those nightmare European nights.

We should only concentrate on winning this game by atleast 2 goals. Trying to end this game with a 0:0-result should not be even considered.

You got it! We were able to play 0 : 0 without any risk but these times are over. Our only chance is to go for the win.

Seeing as 1-1 going into extra time didnt work...0-0 defintly wont!!

Massive massive massive game and we need a win.There is no point playing for a draw because we wont get it...they take chances,play like they did against Newcastle and play till the end off added time not switch off after 85 minutes!

I had a nightmare that we lost 2-1, conceding two goals in stoppage time!

It is vital that we take our chances in this game. Our lack of composure and failure to finish games off when we are leading by a goal has cost us dearly this season, especially in the CL. (Genk away, Valencia away, and Leverkusen Away)

A very important game we should win anyway or say goodbye to CL.

Perhaps this lineup would work:

Cech

Ivanovic, Luiz, Terry, Cole

Ramires, Romeu, Meireles

Sturridge, Drogba, Mata

And in the second half to put Torres as always when he enters in second half he show a better game

Even if we scrape through this -probably go out in next round in this transition season.....

I wouldn't mind if we go out in the next round but we have to reach that round at first. It would put a lot of pressure off AVB's shoulders.

I wouldn't mind if we go out in the next round but we have to reach that round at first. It would put a lot of pressure off AVB's shoulders.

True it would but then you think all that effort and last day drama just to go out first round...be expected but so so so annoying

True-on the positive if we lose tomorrow the ropey league would give a chance to the youngsters.

What all Chelsea fans want for Christmas is for this game and the Citeh game, is our £50m Fernando the Wonderhorse to shine....