Chelsea 3-0 Valencia

termninja

We also have to consider that if we fail to qualify (I don't expect us to do so...) it would affect the players mentally even more than if we go out in the next round. Winning such an important game gives you a mental boost for sure.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

probably the most important match of the season. can turn the whole season around or finish whatever small hope we have to salvage something out of it. no doubt we will put our best team on the pitch which should likely be

cech

iva ALEX jt cole

oriol

rambo raul

sturridge mata

drogba

pls no luiz because he is simply stupid.

With all my love to Torres I don't think he should get a chance this time,

this game is just too important, we can't trust him he's losing too much balls not fighting enough..

surely Drogba not in top shape but he's much more dominant on the field and gives confidence feeling.

Most of our important Champions League matches in the last few years have resulted in very disappointing performances. We can't afford to witness this tomorrow. If we do not qualify the players who failed to win the game should get a kick in the backside and a penalty in their wages by the club.

The importance of this match simply can not be overstated

We should only concentrate on winning this game by atleast 2 goals. Trying to end this game with a 0:0-result should not be even considered.

Tottaly agree mate! Luckily for us AVB has the winning mentality and doesnt approve of sitting for the draw!

We should only concentrate on winning this game by atleast 2 goals. Trying to end this game with a 0:0-result should not be even considered.

Haha you can bet that the match won't end 0-0 when Chelsea is playing :D

To all guys writing Line-ups without Lampard, Even though i dont want him to start he is going to start, thats why he was substituted so early vs Newcastle.

Really? I am pretty sure he was subbed for not playing well. Meireles played even less then Lampard against Newcastle and missed the Liverpool game.

Romeu has to play, i can remember Mikel in the last game we were against these, worst game of the season he has had so far, he didn't track players, he didn't track any movement, infact he was that slow he couldn't keep up with any of the players, Sergio Canales was causing havoc and Mikel gave him so much freedom, it was actually a disgrace for a Defensive Midfield for that to happen. As where Romeu would of made a huge difference, only thing is he's played too much games, he will probably sit out for this one.

Cech

Bosingwa-Luiz-Terry-Cole

Romeu

Meireles-Lampard

Sturridge-Torres-Mata

Should think about giving Ivanovic a rest, got a big game against City, we could do with subbing Terry off later too.

To all guys writing Line-ups without Lampard, Even though i dont want him to start he is going to start, thats why he was substituted so early vs Newcastle.

not really. he was losing influence in the match. cabaye was marking him well when we were attacking and lampard was not able to completely reciprocate it while newcastle were attacking. so i feel meireles will start.

I'm not bothered if we lose or win this one to be honest, going out of Champions league early will be a big benefit imo, only thing is AVB will get sacked.

And the game against Newcastle gives you no hope? I know you're just being your-overcautious-bordering-on-pessimistic-self but c'mon mate! How can going out of Champs league be good for us in any way, especially if you think will lead to AVB's sacking? And if you think the latter is a *bad* thing then you're just contradicting yourself.

So c'mon, be bothered, and FFS KTBFFH.