Newcastle 0-3 Chelsea

BlueLion.

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How was Lampard's performance?

I was watching highlights of the game on MoTD and was so shocked by his behaviour when he was subbed. Here's me thinking he wasn't that type of person, who had the respect for the manager, etc.

Average for me.

Don't know why he was like that either, AVB might just have been saving him for Valencia smh.

I think Danny needs to be more clinical infront of goal, as well as looking out for other players in the box when he's on right hand side. Not saying he didn't play a good game (on the basis of the MoTD highlights), but i think he should be looking more towards that as well as shots. A terrific talent also he has become, abd cab't believe he was neglected so much last season!

I think Danny needs to be more clinical infront of goal, as well as looking out for other players in the box when he's on right hand side. Not saying he didn't play a good game (on the basis of the MoTD highlights), but i think he should be looking more towards that as well as shots. A terrific talent also he has become, abd cab't believe he was neglected so much last season!

Couldnt agree with you more. I watched whole game on sky and whenever he got into the box, you basically knew he was gonna shoot even when there were other options. Drogba got annoyed at one point. Yeah would agree with the point that he needs to be more clinical.

What a match. Could have gone either way, and it must be said Newcastle were very unlucky to lose 0-3. Anyway, I'm very happy with our performance in general, although David Luiz seems to not have learned his lesson yet, and Lampard needs to be a little more alert and concentrated on the ball. I'm a bit disappointed with the way he reacted after being substituted as well. Terry on the other hand was sensational. I would give his performance 10 out of 10 only if he hadn't picked up that stupid booking for dissent. Sturridge played very well, too, but as other people have mentioned he should learn to pick out his teammates when he can.

First time I went to the pub to watch a game instead of staying at home. Might have to keep it that way if it keeps us winning.

Great performance from just about everyone. Danny, Iva, Terry and Sturridge were absolutely fantastic. Just need to get Ramires and Danny a coach to teach them how to place the ball in the net when one on one. It's bizarre how many one on one chances they actually do get, but then again the common theme with them is both blistering pace which helps them get behind the defensive lines. It was nice to see Torres have a good game, and he doesn't seem to be pouting or disappointed with his role. Great team player in the regard.

As for the talk of Luiz and some of you saying he shouldn't be playing; I strongly disagree. He is an anchor in defense, and we shouldn't be so rash as to want him out after such a performance. He's been our most consistent back this season along with Iva. He should be a sure thing every week. The guy has the passion and ferocity of a lion and he's a guy you want in the team.

mark my words, when danny is able to look up and make a great pass, like he shouldve to drogba and torres after making a great run; thats when danny will be one of the greats, messi like (i know thats a stretch) but he has a great shot and if he can become a TEAM player, why not?

with him and mata making clever runs and passing, that is just eye candy for our two forwards... and very helpful being that both of them are a bit out of form to say the lest... hope they work on this in practice... tired of seeing drogba stop making his run and walk, when danny has the ball in the box, and torres to make a run slightly like the old and not get any notice...

we can be GREAT, thats just my one bit of criticism, but it is small...

go blues

I was watching highlights of the game on MoTD and was so shocked by his behaviour when he was subbed. Here's me thinking he wasn't that type of person, who had the respect for the manager, etc.

To be honest he played well, made some good passes to put Sturridge through, but still he was losing the ball a bit to much for me, even played a very stupid pass to Romeu when they were link up playing, and we lost the ball in our own half.

What a match. Could have gone either way, and it must be said Newcastle were very unlucky to lose 0-3. Anyway, I'm very happy with our performance in general, although David Luiz seems to not have learned his lesson yet, and Lampard needs to be a little more alert and concentrated on the ball. I'm a bit disappointed with the way he reacted after being substituted as well. Terry on the other hand was sensational. I would give his performance 10 out of 10 only if he hadn't picked up that stupid booking for dissent. Sturridge played very well, too, but as other people have mentioned he should learn to pick out his teammates when he can.

Could of gone either way?, are you serious, in my opinion we were a much better team and should of scored at least 6, they hit the post 3 times, and one of the time was produced out of nothing from Ameobi, good long shot, but a lucky ball from a clearence by Simpson, then the other time Drogba almost scoring an own goal. Then Demba Ba hit the post, but if it was going in Cech would of saved it, because he almost saved it off the post. The only unlucky thing for Newcastle was the David Luiz incident, where it was a sending off. Though how come no ones brought up Demba Ba's offside?.

Could of gone either way?, are you serious, in my opinion we were a much better team and should of scored at least 6, they hit the post 3 times, and one of the time was produced out of nothing from Ameobi, good long shot, but a lucky ball from a clearence by Simpson, then the other time Drogba almost scoring an own goal. Then Demba Ba hit the post, but if it was going in Cech would of saved it, because he almost saved it off the post. The only unlucky thing for Newcastle was the David Luiz incident, where it was a sending off. Though how come no ones brought up Demba Ba's offside?.

We probably should have scored six goals on Krul, but we also could have scored two on Cech, and Newcastle almost scored two or three on Cech as well. We were the better side, and I'm not trying to take anything away from our players, but it really was one of those matches that could have turned out badly for us with just one bad moment.

GOOD WIN!!

Can anyone please tell me why Luiz keeps getting the nod while Torres sits on the bench??

Luiz leaves alot of open spaces, is clumsy at defending and is an overall liabilty Presently. IMO he should be on the bench till he gets more disciplined.

He is commanding at times, but more often you will aways see him commiting fouls here and there....and then as the commentator said, as a CB you clear the lines....luiz always tries the tougher way out and loses the ball in bad areas.... It should have been a red. He needs alot of time to develop .

I like torres most of the time. He makes an effort in 4 games out of 5. His touch is really good while Drogbas touch is awful most of the time.... His hold up play was OK but then after holding up the play he always played a mispass.

Drogba is not signing a new contract and will most probably be leaving in the summer. We should play on Merit, however with an eye to the future. The aim is that Torres gets to his best by the end of this season so that next season he can come out all guns blazing. But if he doesnt get games under his belt, im afraid that wont happen.

Mata was good.

I like that AVB took out Lampard.

Terry is a God defensively when we DONT play high line.

Sturridge needs to pass more and practice shooting more.

Ramires is a rockstar.

Iva didnt do much, but defensively much better than Bos.

Luiz needs more discipline. Till then play him less IMO.

Cech is Mr Chelsea.

Romeu is a Barca Legend in the making, sadly.

Let's just say his performance was not up to his standards. I think he was mad at himself for his poor performance, not at the manager.

We probably should have scored six goals on Krul, but we also could have scored two on Cech, and Newcastle almost scored two or three on Cech as well. We were the better side, and I'm not trying to take anything away from our players, but it really was one of those matches that could have turned out badly for us with just one bad moment.

Yeah exactly they had a couple good chances but lucikly for us they hit the cross bar with them.And then JT'S clearance off the line...we did get lucky with those moments and the sending off but thats what you need sometimes a good ole bit of luck

And we did seem to try and score an OG a couple of times..bit of a ahhhhhh moment

But in the end good result and mega 3 points