Newcastle 0-3 Chelsea

BlueLion.

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With that fluke penalty they got last week, they're hardly in a position to moan and whine about it. Fuck off.

That doesn't even come into it though, Ba was offside. How typical for everyone to ignore it. Who does those post match interviews? Sky? Their reporter even kept asking Mata and Drogba about the decision. Cunts.

That doesn't even come into it though, Ba was offside. How typical for everyone to ignore it. Who does those post match interviews? Sky? Their reporter even kept asking Mata and Drogba about the decision. Cunts.

Was it really? I missed the first 10 minutes of the game and only saw that incident on replays and during HT. T they didn't talk about it being offside. Typical though if true. This is just like Fergie banging on and on about Drogba's offside goal two years ago when everyone conveniently forgets about Macheda's blatant handball.

The Sky interviews were pathetically annoying. They kept asking Pardew about the touchline bust up even though he didn't even see it as a big deal. Then went on to ask AVB about it in a really rude manner. He was clearly trying to get something juicy out of either AVB or Pardew. He also aggresively asked about Luiz's booking. So ridicuously biased.

Happy that AVB basically gave him the finger

Whether he was offside or not, it was an awful decision.

Was it really? I missed the first 10 minutes of the game and only saw that incident on replays and during HT. T they didn't talk about it being offside. Typical though if true. This is just like Fergie banging on and on about Drogba's offside goal two years ago when everyone conveniently forgets about Macheda's blatant handball.

Yes he was marginally off. All the focus on it is probably down to the media pundits' fascination with painting Luiz as a disaster waiting to happen.

Whether he was offside or not, it was an awful decision.

Agree, it's an awful decision because Luiz has been booked at all. Nothing else matters when Ba strays offside as infringements to play are considered in the order in which they happen.

We are the ones who should be complaining that we will have to face City without Luiz, not the other way around. Even our own fans don't see it, smh.

Agree, it's an awful decision because Luiz has been booked at all. Nothing else matters when Ba strays offside as infringements to play are considered in the order in which they happen.

We are the ones who should be complaining that we will have to face City without Luiz, not the other way around. Even our own fans don't see it, smh.

But the offside is marginal.. If the tables were turned, would we not say he should be sent off?

Loved the way AVB shut him up in the post match interview though. Told him right to his face that hes a biased little prick, but in a more refined way.

Pretty impressive display all in all. Still needs a bit of polishing but 3-0 away at Newcastle is a great result in anyone's books. Terry, Cole, Romeu, Sturridge, Drogba and Mata all the star performers. Just a few notes.

Cech looked much better than he has recently and made a couple of crucial saves.

Imagine how dangerous we would be if we had a right back who could cross the ball.

Romeu is what we have been missing, given his age, price tag and limited top level experience I really didn't expect him to play much of a role this season, maybe something akin to McEachran (the odd game or sub appearance here and there) but he is quickly establishing himself as the first choice holding midfielder. I genuinely believe he is the most natural holding midfield player we have had since Makelele, he is wonderful in possession, he is very strong in the tackle and very mobile, AVB should get a lot of credit for finding, buying and playing this lad.

I think that was Sturridge's most complete performance in a Chelsea shirt. A constant danger, very confident, very skilful and very quick and what I liked most about the performance was that usually he checks back inside on his left foot and full backs know its coming but several times he went on the outside with his less favoured right foot, it really gave Taylor a big problem, hopefully he continues with that because it gives him a whole other dimension.

Mata is terrific, but you already know that.

Sometimes I go to bed and I thank God for Didier Drogba, probably past his prime but even a Drogba past his prime is better than most other strikers on the planet. Incredible, vintage Drogba header for the goal, a fantastic focal point throughout and a never ending danger to the Newcastle defence. AVB made the right call in picking the great man. While Drogba's performance oozed confidence and class, Torres came on and looks depleted. A prime Torres would have easily raced past the defenders and side footed it into the far corner, our Torres ran as fas as he could after the ball, clumsily checked back and almost lost the ball but had a bit of luck in keeping possession and played the pass sideways, even though it was an assist it was still an indication of just how far he is from what he used to be.

A good performance overall, but not without problems. The defense still needs to sort some things out, primarily Master Luiz. I still think he's an immense talent and quite able to become a world class defender, but displays like Saturday's wear on patience a bit. I've got faith in the lad though. He's certainly got a lot of heart and determination, and you can't teach that.

a very good display from all our players on the field :)

its nice to see such performances and added to that the result.

When we are playing good football the result has to be favorable .. there is no denying ... Luiz was a bit lucky to get away with yellow.... the lad has to watch his tackles :)