Chelsea 0-2 Liverpool

BlueLion.

He doesn't have the stamina to play 90 and especially 120 minutes just yet, if we kept him on by about the 75th-80th minute we would have effectively been down to 9.

I'm not saying his subs weren't justified, they were because they were forced. I'm just saying he was denied more gametime because of unluck in those 2 games. And my point was that he played in those 2 CC games and it would be logical for him to start again, especially since he has had the least gametime out of the youngsters. Taking into consideration 'pool will come with shit players and/or tired legs, it will be the perfect opportunity to give our not-so-good players a chance nevertheless instead of going for the jugular.

And about his stamina... I can't comment on that, I'm not familiar with his fitness level.

• Replies 783
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm hoping Mikel starts this game, mainly because I want Romeu to start vs. Newcastle.

Hopefully Josh, Lukaku and Bertrand will be in the starting 11 as well.

as much as I would like to see them, doubt AVB will start with them.

given we lost to them in recent past, AVB would want to pay back, at least I want him to !

time to show we learned from our mistakes and win against them in Carling Cup

Didier has found his form lately and should now be rightly recognised as the first choice striker at the moment, considering his age there is no need for him to play a Carling Cup game, give the great man a well deserved rest, let Torres or Lukaku start in this and return Didier to the starting 11 for our next Premier League game. With Terry suspended I expect a line up like this.

Cech

Bosingwa, Alex, Luiz, Cole

Meireles, Mikel, Lampard

Kalou, Torres, Malouda

Or something along those lines.

i dont understand how you have come to this conclusion to be quite honest. Just because he is a few years the junior of some of his teammates that dosent mean he shouldn't be every bit as fit. My dad was telling me the other day how Alan Hudson was running the Chelsea midfield at Josh's age. Give the guy a chance, if your gifted you should play if your young or not in my opinion.

It's not about age or anything like that, whenever i see the reserves play and often McEachran runs the show until about the hour mark then disapears into thin air and playing for the first team is much harder and much more demanding even more so if you're team get reduced to 10 men which is why he was probally the "fall guy" when the subs were needed to be made.

Van Der Vart often gets subbed around the hour mark for Tottenham for the same reason and when he doesn't how many times has he impacted a game late on?

Didier has found his form lately and should now be rightly recognised as the first choice striker at the moment, considering his age there is no need for him to play a Carling Cup game, give the great man a well deserved rest, let Torres or Lukaku start in this and return Didier to the starting 11 for our next Premier League game. With Terry suspended I expect a line up like this.

Cech

Bosingwa, Alex, Luiz, Cole

Meireles, Mikel, Lampard

Kalou, Torres, Malouda

Or something along those lines.

kalou torres malouda??????????? u kidding meeeee :wacko:

kalouda so selfish n never pass a ball to torres

i think best formation is

cech

ivan-luiz-terry-cole

romeu

ramires-mei/lamp

stu-torres/drogba-mata

cech

ivan-luiz-terry-cole

romeu

ramires-mei/lamp

stu-torres/drogba-mata

Not exactly...MALOUDA doesn't pass the ball to Torres even when he's free....Kalou on the other hand, does pass to Torres, but, only when he's surrounded by at least three defenders...

yes this is the Carling cup but come on, this is Liverpool, they have just beat us at the bridge only a week ago, they've beat us 3 in a row and 3 out of 4 at the bridge in the league. I'de like Bertrand and McEachran to play more but this game is personal, this aint just a Carling cup game. If we lose against them again, i'll personally hang myself from the nearest tree. CC or not, we have to get through this tie no matter what.

yes this is the Carling cup but come on, this is Liverpool, they have just beat us at the bridge only a week ago, they've beat us 3 in a row and 3 out of 4 at the bridge in the league. I'de like Bertrand and McEachran to play more but this game is personal, this aint just a Carling cup game. If we lose against them again, i'll personally hang myself from the nearest tree. CC or not, we have to get through this tie no matter what.

Agreed. Pride and Dignity are on the line.

Think torres has to start this game, look to give Danny a rest because he is rapidly becoming one of our most important players so maybe nelks on for him. Surely bertrand has to get a go too.

Drogba should be rested...Danny's in his early twenties...should be the best period for him to play in the weekend and midweek...

cech

ivan-luiz-terry-cole

romeu

ramires-mei/lamp

stu-torres/drogba-mata

I'm not saying its the team I want to see us start with, Im saying its the kind of team I expect us to startr with, wouldn't be surprised if Nic Anelka gets the nod over Kalou though.

Exactly no doubt half the crowd was there that day and prob dont wana see it again...

I'll be bloody pissed off should we loose..on pens or in normal time a loss in general...gah!!!!

I don't know what lineup to expect tomorrow. AVB could go for a grudge match and play his strongest team or keep his promise of starting youngsters in the CC. If he wishes to use this game to give pitch time to all the players that have not been getting any then I would expect:

Turnbul

Bos-Alex-Luiz-Bertarnd

MIkel

Josh-Lamps

Kalou- Torres -Malouda

But I really hope Romeu gets another start just so I could see him play along side Josh. Those two together are magic.